Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on May 15, 2007, 03:20:21 PM
What do you mean Laoislad?

There was no forced entry,How do we know that the Dad or Mum didn't accidently kill the child thru whatever means and this is a cover up
I feel awful for even thinking it but these days it's not beyond the realms of possibility
You'll Never Walk Alone.

sureyouwill

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 15, 2007, 03:16:21 PM
God forgive me for saying this but has anyone else considered the idea that maybe the parents have something to do with this?
In case like this surely they have to be suspects too?

Unfortunately it is a plausible scenario.

full back

When it first happened, I thought I heard reports that the shutters on the window had been tampered with? Anyone else hear that?

ExiledGael

I definitely heard the shutters had been forced open, but at this stage of the case I've heard a lot of accounts and some are beginning to sound quite conflicting

pintsofguinness

Ryano
It makes me sick how those of you who are so perfect and dwell up there on the moral high ground can come onto a forum with your moral indignation and pontificate and wallow in their unimaginable misery, sorrow and guilt and tell the world they deserve it and you emotional retards feel nothing for them?
Get off your high horse!!  Nobody is wallowing in anything.  It wasn't as if the parents were distracted for two minutes or had a moment when they weren't thinking, they left 3 babies at home alone while they went for a meal!!  It is irrelevant if the restaurant was 200 yards away or 50, or if they were checking on them every 15 minutes or every hour. How can any of you possibly think that that is acceptable??  Their own selfishness played a big part in this, how can I feel sympathy for them, my sympathy is with the child. 

Hound
The way these complexes work, I'm not surprised that people could be lulled into a false sense of security that it wasnt much different to leaving the kids in their room upstairs, like they do every day when they're at home.
There is a massive difference in leaving a child upstairs in bed and doing what they did. A child upstairs in bed only needs to call and their parents will be there.  Maddie or her brothers would have been some time calling or crying before their parents came to their aid. 

There were staff who did regular walk-bys of all the rooms (baby listening service, it was called) and they'd announce every so often in the restaurant the numbers of rooms where noise (crying presumably) was coming from. 
That's incredibile.  I know there are bound to be some parents who would find that acceptable but there are actually that many that the complex put on a service?  Why do people have children then spend most of their time palming on the responsibility to someone else?  Why bring a child on holiday if you're going to treat them like a nuisance. 

Fionn
But its the media blow-out and spin on it all that is cynical - had the parents been a couple of layabouts from a sink estate in London does anyone seriously think there would be the same coverage?
Certainly not, they would be destroyed!!  Can you imagine if a child was kidnapped from a council estate home while her parents were down the pub!! There would be outrage and social services would be all over them - rightly so. 

Laoislad
QuoteGod forgive me for saying this but has anyone else considered the idea that maybe the parents have something to do with this?
It was the first thing that entered my head. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

I hope your suspisions on the parents don't prove true!
If they do they're the best actors I've ever seen, surely they couldn't go true all this in front of the world's cameras if they were hiding a terrible secret

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 15, 2007, 06:52:37 PM
I hope your suspisions on the parents don't prove true!
If they do they're the best actors I've ever seen, surely they couldn't go true all this in front of the world's cameras if they were hiding a terrible secret

Ian Huntley,Wayne O'Donoughe both managed it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Huntley was a fringe person in the case, the cameras have not been off the McCann's now for two weeks, I would be absolutely shocked if it was the case.
It never ever crossed my mind, it's funny how different people look at situations immediately, some psychologists would probably tell you that means you have the psychology of a killer or something!
Or maybe your a Cop/Guard! :o

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 15, 2007, 07:33:42 PM
Huntley was a fringe person in the case, the cameras have not been off the McCann's now for two weeks, I would be absolutely shocked if it was the case.
It never ever crossed my mind, it's funny how different people look at situations immediately, some psychologists would probably tell you that means you have the psychology of a killer or something!
Or maybe your a Cop/Guard! :o

Im not but my Brother is so is my Sister in law  and Brother in law and one of my best mates is one too,Maybe im spending too much time around them! :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Shit you're serious!
Hmm, maybe I could be a Cop/Guard!

ziggysego

To be honest, the thought has crossed my mind once or twice. I hope to God it isn't the case, don't honestly think it is the case either.
Testing Accessibility

Fluffy Che

The parents as suspects will be a logical line of enquiry as time passes but lets not rush to judgement just yet! Hopefully this child will turn up unharmed but what the parents did was wrong, any number of scenarios could have happened, fire, sickness, accident etc. 
The British press really get my goat tho', if it were a couple of chavs and they were in the pub or bingo they'd be hung, drawn, and quartered by now.
Prayers for the safe return of the child..
Midnight to Six..

Redgreenery

Hope the poor child returns soon, must be extremly hard for the parents, can only imagine what the fear would be like for both the parents and the child. Horrifying.

ludermor

i didnt see any sign of this can you post a link ?

stephenite

From Smh.com.au

A British man named as a formal suspect in the disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine McCann says he is a "scapegoat" and the accusation has "ruined his life".

Robert Murat was questioned on Monday while forensic experts searched his house just metres from where the girl was snatched 13 days ago in Praia da Luz in Portugal.

Mr Murat, a German woman and a Portuguese man were interviewed by police until late Monday night then released, a source close to the investigation said.

Although Mr Murat has not been charged and is not believed to be in custody, it is thought he is the first person to be formally classed as a suspect.

In an off-camera interview with a British Sky News reporter, Mr Murat said Portuguese police had made him a "scapegoat".

"This has ruined my life and made my life very difficult for my family here and in Britain," he told Sky.

"The only way I will survive this is if they catch Madeleine's abductor."

"I've been made a scapegoat for something I did not do."

Mr Murat's mother also spoke to Sky News, saying her son had a "strong alibi" for the night Madeleine disappeared.

She told a reporter he came home at 7pm, followed by her an hour later, after which they had dinner and went to bed.

Mr Murat, who comes from Norfolk, eastern England, and is believed to have a four-year-old daughter, had put himself forward to reporters since the morning after Madeleine's disappearance, saying he was helping police because he was fluent in Portuguese and English.

However, two journalists reported him to British police on Monday after he mentioned that his daughter looked like Madeleine and he refused to give details of his past.

A journalist with the Sunday Mirror, Lori Campbell, said Mr Murat had raised her suspicions and she had approached police.

"Basically, he surfaced on Friday afternoon last week and was walking around as if he was somebody official," Campbell said. "He said that he was just a local guy who spoke fluent Portuguese and English and was helping the family. He was coming in and out of the family apartment speaking with the media but when questioned about it he was very vague about his position.

"He kept trying to emphasise parts of the investigation such as, 'Maybe she's gone to Spain, maybe it's too late.' "

Meanwhile, thousands of pictures of Madeleine will be distributed in holiday ticket wallets sold in Britain.

Travel agent Travelcare is joining the campaign to find her by distributing the pictures to their customers along with details of whom to contact should they have any information.

The company, which is part of the Co-operative Group, is Britain's largest independent travel retailer. It distributes an average of 10,000 wallets every week, through 300 high-street travel agencies, a website and a phone service.

"The more publicity and constant reminders about Madeleine can only help in the search," said Travelcare spokesman Paul Kendrick. "By targeting holidaymakers in this way, we are helping spread the message worldwide, as well as hammering home the message for families to remain vigilant while enjoying their break away."

The publicity material has been provided by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, in conjunction with the Portuguese police.

I hope that it can be proved that he was the one responsible, otherwise these journalists should be sacked on the spot - does anyone esle feel that this way out of order?