30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

seafoid

I think this shows that the GAA DG is wrong. One fits all does not  work for appeals. Who cares if is the same for a junior F match in Erris?
It's now 12 days since the match and there is no clarity. Why should there be escalating appeal processes for a serious rule breach in a national final ?
This might work for the junior match but the rules were either breached or they weren't.  There is no nuance.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lenny

Quote from: take_yer_points on February 03, 2023, 08:30:30 PM
Touch of class from Glen, fair play. They come out of it with heads held high

Agreed. Anyone with an ounce of wit knew there'd be no replay. Congratulations Kilmacud, great champions after undeservedly losing the previous year. Hopefully Glen can get back in the next year or 2.

tbrick18

Glen definitely have the moral high ground and certainly come out of this debacle with their reputation enhanced.
It was brave to appeal when the gaa refused to step in and even more brave to withdraw when it became obvious KC were not going to respect the rules and use processes to deny Glen a chance of a fair game.
KC may have the victory but I feel its a hollow one.

I hope Glen can push on again next year, if they win derry that is :)

Fair play Glen.

SHEEDY

So that's it, replay was never going to happen, Glen pull out and are seen to take the high ground, Kilmacud keep their title they deservedly won on the day and everyone moves on with their lives until the next drama comes along.
nil satis nisi optimum

WT4E

Tarnished for Crokes. Did they really win it?

Only way they put this to bed was goin out and winning a replay which I think they would have.

Fair play to Glen once the KC appeal went in against a rule clearly being broke they where always on the drying ground.

seafoid

Lawfare won.

Blowitupref

Correct decision by Glen in the future such action should be taken by HQ and not put a club in that position again.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ulster Frank

Lara McCarthy didn't çover himself in glory.  Hope Jarlaith Burns will take note. Time for thread to be closed.

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 03, 2023, 09:11:20 PM
Correct decision by Glen in the future such action should be taken by HQ and not put a club in that position again.
They won't. That is why it's such a mess. They want one system for all levels.
The organisation has outgrown the calibre of the leadership.

GiveItToTheShooters

Is that the end of it now whereby Crokes are winners by default or does the process continue as the replay was ordered, to the extent where the final is now declared null and void?

Wildweasel74

Still technical cheated to win, from Glen Point of view, what was the point of putting in a object if u don't go the full 9 yards. Moral victories count for f**k all. Shoe was on the other foot KC would not have withdrew their complaint, as they previous history appealing player suspension etc. People say they were the better team, I be of the opinion that the penalty (which wasn't) was not given, KC would not have come bck into the game as strongly as they did.

take_yer_points

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 03, 2023, 09:57:29 PM
Is that the end of it now whereby Crokes are winners by default or does the process continue as the replay was ordered, to the extent where the final is now declared null and void?

Was wondering the same. Objection from Glen is dealt with, replay has been ordered. Crokes objected to that so that now has to be decided.

Does that mean the withdrawal of the complaint is irrelevant as that stage in the process is done and dusted, it's now onwards to deal with the Crokes appeal? Or is the whole thing considered one process and that's it finished now and the decision to order a replay is now void? The latter seems the easy way out, but maybe that's what the rules dictate

gallsman

Quote from: Franko on February 03, 2023, 08:36:48 PM
Kilmacud get to keep their cup

With a sizeable enough asterisk beside it. I'm sure in time it will be forgotten about but it'll definitely be tarnished I'm the eyes of many for years to come.

Captain Obvious

The officials in charge of that All Ireland final should never be let near a high profile game again.