U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

My feeling is that (including Senior in this) they won't countenance a postponement of a match at any point until they got as far as the Senior football and hurling semi final stages which they could kick into 2021 if need be.
The decision will be made for them next week by the looks of it anyway, but a lot of the hand wringing over the GAA should be taken in context, case numbers are rising all over Europe again, they are not blaming the local GAA clubs in France or Germany for this.
County finals certainly provided an excuse, that has to be owned by members of the organisation who couldn't control themselves, it happened up and down the island. They all knew what was to be done and didn't do it, over exuberance doesn't really cut it as an excuse but that's what plenty of people said at the time.

I think there's a more than fair chance the final for this competition doesn't go ahead next weekend no matter who wins tomorrow, tough on the lads involved that have to miss out and have to live with their county losing, tough on the others who win tomorrow and probably find out it's for naught.

Blowitupref

Let's just say Kerry, Galway could field teams due to covid what then, the winner of Dublin v Tyrone becomes All-Ireland champions?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Obvious

kerryforsam20

Will be Tyrone/Kerry final. We should beat Galway handy enough. Tyrone will be tough in final. Young Cananavan looks a handy footballer.

Blowitupref

Dublin into the U20 All Ireland final for a 2nd year in a row. Can they go one better than last year and win it this time?

FT Dublin 1-14 Tyrone 1-12
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Cathal Sweeney and Culhane not starting for Galway either, huge ask now with those lads, McLaughin and Kelly out.

GalwayBayBoy

Tomo Culhane and Cathal Sweeney both missing as well for Galway. Two more serious losses. That's probably 4 of their best 5 players out.

kerryforsam20

Kerry intercounty and clubs have never lost in Gaelic Grounds to Connacht opposition.  I wonder will the top brass let play final against  Dublin here. Known Gaa they will play in Portlaoise in case the dubs get lost 😂😂

Blowitupref

Just switched over, what's the situation with Kerry how many likely starters are they without?

Tubberman

Quote from: kerryforsam20 on October 17, 2020, 03:59:53 PM
Kerry intercounty and clubs have never lost in Gaelic Grounds to Connacht opposition.  I wonder will the top brass let play final against  Dublin here. Known Gaa they will play in Portlaoise in case the dubs get lost 😂😂

At senior level maybe, Mayo hammered Kerry minors in Limerick a few years ago, was a SF replay.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cunny Funt

Considering the players missing that was a decent half of football. Kerry 1-7 to 1-5 ahead.

GalwayBayBoy

Still in the game anyway but kickouts have been a bit of a disaster. Won't win kicking that many away.

kerryforsam20

Quote from: Tubberman on October 17, 2020, 04:05:01 PM
Quote from: kerryforsam20 on October 17, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

At senior level maybe, Mayo hammered Kerry minors in Limerick a few years ago, was a SF replay.

In 08? Forgot that played in Limerick. Had Ennis in my head.

galwayman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 17, 2020, 03:59:19 PM
Tomo Culhane and Cathal Sweeney both missing as well for Galway. Two more serious losses. That's probably 4 of their best 5 players out.
Absolutely these 4 are our best players alongside Tierney who hasn't played well in quite a while.
Very noticeable how much of a loss Culhane is in the inside line.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on October 17, 2020, 04:45:26 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 17, 2020, 03:59:19 PM
Absolutely these 4 are our best players alongside Tierney who hasn't played well in quite a while.

Tierney did alright in the first half there I thought. His leg looks heavily strapped though so he must be carrying some kind of knock.