Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: farset on December 17, 2018, 10:05:48 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on December 17, 2018, 09:09:48 AM
Before the creation of St Brigid's what clubs would the players from their catchment area have went to?

Oxford and Cambridge boat clubs.
Think most of them went to Naomh Pol Naomh Gall

Pjoe

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 17, 2018, 11:14:02 AM
must say on another note i was disappoint in the Brigids line and management constantly calling for a black card in the second half to get a player out of the game.

they were pissed at the ref black carding two of their players in the first half so felt the need to constantly harass the ref to try and get him to get our players out of the game. at the end up the black card and red card we did get were totally deserved at the end of the game and down to frustration.

it was very poor imo.

Thought the game was played in the right spirit for the vast majority of it.  There may have been calls from the St Brigids sideline for black cards - I couldn't hear if they did/did not as I was at the top of the stand and they were on the far side. However, I'll take DRs word for it. The reaction of some Dunloy players towards the end (DR puts it down to frustration) was also a little disappointing and not the best way to react in defeat. In fairness to the Dunloy line they prevented their players from escalating things on the final whistle.

Great game of football and end to end stuff with either side unlucky come out on the wrong side of the result at the end. St Brigids had that little bit more composure when it counted. One u21 win however does not make a senior club! Let's see if they can back it up in the years ahead.

Na Glinntí Glasa

it was a good game to be fair and its the way football should be played. Not defensive borefests but two teams who want to play fast attacking football.

its renewed my faith in the game again after watching some pure garbage this year.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Pjoe

'The reaction of some Dunloy players towards the end (DR puts it down to frustration) was also a little disappointing and not the best way to react in defeat. In fairness to the Dunloy line they prevented their players from escalating things on the final whistle'

The 1st slap threw at the end was from a St Brigids player. Dunloy players were restrained straight away as even in defeat we have a bit of class and not going to ruin a fantastic season for this group of players at the very end off it. The starting 15 we lose one next year so we will get another go at St Brigids all being well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 18, 2018, 08:57:56 AM
it was a good game to be fair and its the way football should be played. Not defensive borefests but two teams who want to play fast attacking football.

its renewed my faith in the game again after watching some pure garbage this year.

Yes I noticed that all the games at Under 21 and Minor have been played the way it should (from a entertaining point of view). Obviously some managers would disagree and want a tight affair with plenty of possesion, but they have been sold on the idea of keep ball wins games...

Once these lads hit senior that will be knocked clean out of them unfortunately  >:(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

we did come up against a few teams who wanted to defend all the game but when you have a team thats fit and full of running for an hour that sort of defensive boke wont work.

but then again you cant force a team to play a way. if they want to score 4 points in a game and go home happy thats up to them lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

I see Ahoghill had 2 players in the moneyglass u21 team that won last night so sanctions aren't just a city way of strengthening your team as previous posters have suggested

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 20, 2018, 02:01:53 PM
I see Ahoghill had 2 players in the moneyglass u21 team that won last night so sanctions aren't just a city way of strengthening your team as previous posters have suggested

Only spotted one St Mary's man in the Mg team......

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 20, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

Any Fermanagh men?

Belfast GAA man

Ahoghill's twitter named 2 players - have they no underage teams at all now?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 20, 2018, 04:05:01 PM

Only one Mary's man, R Graham on the team....

Ahogjill do not participate in u-age football......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 20, 2018, 05:33:23 PM

Under age? under 21 is an adult competition no?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2018, 05:38:12 PM

You're not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SambaSaffron on December 20, 2018, 07:36:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2018, 05:38:12 PM

You're not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Did you remember your other password then CB?

Belfast GAA man

At the u21 final the other night a big lad got carried off after landing on the 4g. Is there any research on grass v artificial surfaces injury wise?