Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

A few quid, for having to listen to an hour of non stop shite. An absolute bargain.

stiffler

St Brigids u21 champions after a good win over Dunloy today.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

JimStynes

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 16, 2018, 11:28:47 AM
A few quid, for having to listen to an hour of non stop shite. An absolute bargain.

Need to get some money to put up with that shite!

playwiththewind1st

It was never enough, I can tell ya. And now HMRC want 20% lol? End of refereeing,  as we know it!

Derryboy99

Quote from: stiffler on December 16, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
St Brigids u21 champions after a good win over Dunloy today.

What happened with flood lights?

Belfast GAA man

Great boost to St Brigids for division 1 next year. R they intermediate or senior championship next year?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 16, 2018, 08:57:41 PM
Great boost to St Brigids for division 1 next year. R they intermediate or senior championship next year?

We won't know till they decision suppose.. as the  option is still available, great win for a new (ish) Belfast club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Commiserations to Dunloy who lost nothing in defeat and will be back competing for this title again next year. But sincere congrats to St Brigids who posted a flag in the ground for the City, first one of the year, and a big statement of intent for their future.

Antrim needs a strong base in the city and St Brigids have now scored their biggest ever success. Well done, enjoy and go build on that. Greg Finnegan has seen a fair bit in his football career, but today could be the highlight, and to do it with his son Patrick leading from front must be particularly satisfying. On today's display Antrim football is not in bad shape. Hopefully St Brigids will go on to hold their own in the Creggan tournament.

Na Glinntí Glasa

we shot ourselves in the foot in the second half with some poor shooting. had we not missed all them chances esp when we were in front it would have made a difference.

A pity but at the same time not too disappointed at losing. Brigids were the strong favourites for the competition and have looked strong all the way through the competition and were worthy winners at the end up.

B county final last year and A county final the following year so we are making big strides there. The lads can now take a well deserved rest now after being on the go for so long.
hurl like f**k boi!

DownFanatic

Before the creation of St Brigid's what clubs would the players from their catchment area have went to?

outinfront

Quote from: bannside on December 16, 2018, 09:16:55 PM
Commiserations to Dunloy who lost nothing in defeat and will be back competing for this title again next year. But sincere congrats to St Brigids who posted a flag in the ground for the City, first one of the year, and a big statement of intent for their future.

Antrim needs a strong base in the city and St Brigids have now scored their biggest ever success. Well done, enjoy and go build on that. Greg Finnegan has seen a fair bit in his football career, but today could be the highlight, and to do it with his son Patrick leading from front must be particularly satisfying. On today's display Antrim football is not in bad shape. Hopefully St Brigids will go on to hold their own in the Creggan tournament.

I thought there was no Creggan tournament this year?
EDIT: I now see that there is.  Was there an issue about u20/u21 teams?
I would say Carryduff will be hard to beat.

toby47

Quote from: outinfront on December 17, 2018, 09:18:56 AM

When Does this tournament start? / When is the draw made?

Na Glinntí Glasa

must say on another note i was disappoint in the Brigids line and management constantly calling for a black card in the second half to get a player out of the game.

they were pissed at the ref black carding two of their players in the first half so felt the need to constantly harass the ref to try and get him to get our players out of the game. at the end up the black card and red card we did get were totally deserved at the end of the game and down to frustration.

it was very poor imo.
hurl like f**k boi!

outinfront

Quote from: toby47 on December 17, 2018, 09:55:10 AM
Quote from: outinfront on December 17, 2018, 09:18:56 AM

When Does this tournament start? / When is the draw made?

Launch is Dec 27th, no idea about when it starts.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: farset on December 17, 2018, 02:43:25 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 17, 2018, 11:14:02 AM
must say on another note i was disappoint in the Brigids line and management constantly calling for a black card in the second half to get a player out of the game.

they were pissed at the ref black carding two of their players in the first half so felt the need to constantly harass the ref to try and get him to get our players out of the game. at the end up the black card and red card we did get were totally deserved at the end of the game and down to frustration.

it was very poor imo.

It's frustrating and the ugly part of our games.  While you mightn't like it, there will have been loads of supporters and people on the Dunloy line in the past calling out refereeing decisions including black cards.  One of those things that you have to just take on the chin and know that you are better than that.

aw i dont have any problem with supporters doing it, you have no control over that aspect of a game. Or a line calling out for a foul, again thats no bother to me. its seeing managers and subs roaring out 'black card ref, black card' time and again to try and get a young fella put out of the game because they felt aggrieved at him giving them 2 in the first half.

its very very poor to see that going on.

But it makes no difference to the result now. St Brigid's were worthy winners this year, they will do well in Senior if they keep going the way they are.
hurl like f**k boi!