Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derryboy99

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on December 13, 2018, 09:59:17 AM
Aho hoy

'I see st teresas/davitts/rossa took some tanking tonight'

They sure did. Some of their players behaviour was disgusting but not unexpected thankfully we kpet our heads.

Roll on Saturday where we will play our toughest test to date agaisnt a good St Brigids side

Any idea of Venue?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 13, 2018, 09:02:40 AM
First of all the facilities at Coláiste Feirste are some of the best ive seen in a long term. for watching a game thats the best ive been to in an age.

In terms of the game i thought we were comfortable throughout the match and defended very well. Rossa started well and both teams were nip and tuck at 0-04 each until we got 3 points in front and took that lead into half time.

Im not sure but is that our first U21 football final we have qualified for? i know we have never won it before.

Good enough for county games DR?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Derryboy99 on December 13, 2018, 12:01:35 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on December 13, 2018, 09:59:17 AM
Aho hoy

'I see st teresas/davitts/rossa took some tanking tonight'

They sure did. Some of their players behaviour was disgusting but not unexpected thankfully we kpet our heads.

Roll on Saturday where we will play our toughest test to date agaisnt a good St Brigids side

Any idea of Venue?

Ballycastle i heard.

country bumpkin

Quote from: ahoy hoy on December 12, 2018, 09:30:28 PM
I see st teresas/davitts/rossa took some tanking tonight

Little talk about permitted 'sanctions' but was wondering if such are restricted. 8)

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Derryboy99

'Any idea of Venue?'

Double header in Woodlands with B final 2 and 3.30

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 13, 2018, 12:05:10 PM
First of all the facilities at Coláiste Feirste are some of the best ive seen in a long term. for watching a game thats the best ive been to in an age.

In terms of the game i thought we were comfortable throughout the match and defended very well. Rossa started well and both teams were nip and tuck at 0-04 each until we got 3 points in front and took that lead into half time.

Im not sure but is that our first U21 football final we have qualified for? i know we have never won it before.

Parking would be an issue for a large crowd there but in terms of spectating its the best ive been to. you would be out a few quid in balls as well flying into the houses behind the goals all the same lol
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 13, 2018, 01:15:20 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 13, 2018, 12:05:10 PM

Parking would be an issue for a large crowd there but in terms of spectating its the best ive been to. you would be out a few quid in balls as well flying into the houses behind the goals all the same lol

Pitch would be too small for adult games. It's only 130 metres long as are a lot of these 3G pitches in Belfast.

Na Glinntí Glasa

it was hard to tell there last night if it was the full size. How big is that pitch?
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 13, 2018, 02:05:15 PM
it was hard to tell there last night if it was the full size. How big is that pitch?

I was at a schools game there last year and IIRC there's one line across the middle of the pitch where 65's were taken from in both directions.
Ormeau Park GAA pitch is the same and the Ballycran Keeper I was talking too thinks its the same up in Cherryvale as he tells me he was hitting the other 21 in a recent game up there with no wind.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 13, 2018, 12:58:32 PM

Little talk about permitted 'sanctions' but was wondering if such are restricted. 8)
2 per club I believe

Na Glinntí Glasa

B final between Lamh Dhearg and Moneyglass is wednesday night at 8 at Coláiste Feirste
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 13, 2018, 04:40:47 PM

2 per club I believe

i always thought it was 5 per club, maybe thats been changed or i picked it up wrong?
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnnycool on December 13, 2018, 04:32:05 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 13, 2018, 02:05:15 PM

I was at a schools game there last year and IIRC there's one line across the middle of the pitch where 65's were taken from in both directions.
Ormeau Park GAA pitch is the same and the Ballycran Keeper I was talking too thinks its the same up in Cherryvale as he tells me he was hitting the other 21 in a recent game up there with no wind.

oh for def a hurling match would be no use to it with the distance then.

i looked at a pic i took last night and your right there is two 45 yard lines and then a big space between them with a small half way mark to define it for throw in's.
hurl like f**k boi!

delgany

2 per club I believe

Maximum of 5 sanctions into a team is allowed

country bumpkin

Quote from: delgany on December 13, 2018, 06:04:12 PM

2 per club I believe

Maximum of 5 sanctions into a team is allowed

Five is closer to the mark......bit of a joke when high profile div one clubs employ the 'sanction' loophole to gain recruits from  other units in the same division.
Do not believe the under-21 finalists have made use of such to supplement their teams.