Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup an Samajiz

well that's it as ye say, maybe Hampsey's just not worth it.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Club boi

I know, call up Hampsey (Great Player) & DROP Petey (Over Rated) Harte #Simples

Redhand Santa

Do people know for a fact that hampsey isn't picked because of an incident last year or is this similar to the claims that mickey Harte was forcing the club games forward so McCarron could play? Peter Harte has been one of best players for Tyrone this year, was that comment a joke?

trileacman

Quote from: Under Lights on May 14, 2015, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on May 14, 2015, 12:34:50 PM
ach it would be a disgrace if he wasn't picking them for personal reasons yes, but at the same time there are practicalities to think of, if their relationship is totally broken down from the start and there's obviously severe discourse between hampsey and current panelists its very understandable, would just absolute recipe for disaster in the changing room, manager's job to weigh up the pros and cons and with all that's went on I'd say its fair enough decision

Like England cricket with KP I think any manager would be completely in the wrong in your instance. The best managers are able to manage that situation. When United won the treble in 1999 their forward line Cole and Sherringham weren't speaking. They never got on and at times it got heated. Ferguson, as much as it pains me, was able to manage this situation and use it as a positive driver for the team.

Cricket reference on the Tyrone Gaa county thread  8)

Jimmy McG and Kevin Cassidy: fell out over a chapter in a book, a f**king book. Still only one man was vindicated a year later and it wasnt the man it should've been.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longballin

What does everyone think of the team?

winghalfback

Have a feeling tyrone can do a job today.

Bo Man

the last ulster championship game today for the two mickeys?

longballin

Mickey Harte and Mickey Moynagh?

redzone

Quote from: Bo Man on May 17, 2015, 08:32:07 PM
the last ulster championship game today for the two mickeys?

has to be mick McCaughey and mick mcgoldrick. sick of lookin at them

The Bearded One

Red zone you aren't wrong. Michael McCaughey running after Joe McQuillan at the end was a joke. He'd need to be told to carry the water or whatever it is he does and stay out of the f**king road. McGoldrick no better, stuck in the middle of the half time handbags.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Bo Man

mccaughey and mcgoldrick should have had the head carried off them. the county board should send the two of them up the road. 

redhandefender

What is that mc goldrick tool doing on the pitch with the teams anyway? All kitted out in tyrone team gear. He is a second rate part time caretaker at garvaghey. Embarassing

The Bearded One

Just looking at a picture of the half time scuffle in the paper - both Michael's stuck in the middle of that as well. What need for those 2 to be going anywhere near the dressing room at half time anyway?? They should be sitting over in the dugout until the teams come back out. Ridiculous.
It is what it is. Presumably.

winghalfback

Anyone who is a regular attender at club games in Tyrone senior football will know how good Mickey O'Neill is. An ever consistent presence in the goal for his club side and after yesterday's performance the whole country knows how good he is. Question is though will Harte keep him in goals for the next game or revert back to his favoured Morgan?

rrhf

Mickey O'Neills display reminded me of big Finbarr at his shop stopping best.  We have 2 very good goalkeepers at the moment, but O Neills display yesterday makes him undroppable for the next match.