Seperate Hurling Forum

Started by bottlethrower7, June 18, 2007, 01:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

True. I don't want that to happen again. I just thought with the Local and Club threads moved, and the Football on it's own that maybe Hurling and General wouldn't kill each other.

I'm easy but I'd love the hurling threads to be resurrected.

Kerry Mike

How about:

Football --> with a sub category for Club Football
Hurling --> same with the Club Hurling
GAA - Off Field issues - like the general issues, Handball, Rounders, administration, Croke Park, discipline, TV coverage, rules etc and I suppose we have to mention the Ladies GAA sports.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

The Real Laoislad

Still think a seperate soccer one would be good,at least it would stop a lot of the anti-soccer posters complaining about soccer always being talked about they wouldn't have to enter forum if there was a seperate one
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Kerry Mike

No Soccer threads at all on this board would solve that problem  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

gaaboard

We don't want to risk having too many forums either.
With the local topics, people usually want to read and post on their own county forum. So they know what they are looking for and how to find it.
With other more transient content, I wonder would posters get annoyed at having to jump to a few different forums for the topics that interest them?

magickingdom

reservoirdubs.com have a seperate hurling / football section

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magickingdom on June 18, 2007, 06:48:45 PM
reservoirdubs.com have a seperate hurling / football section

If they jumped off a bridge would you do it to :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Sky Blue

I actually rthink Admin has got vthis one 100% right. No one suggested this and I think its better than a hurling and football only forum. Well done. Let's see how it works.

Waterford Lurker

Up the Déise

magpie seanie

Agree with Sky Blue. I think this might work.

bottlethrower7

My own 2 cents would be to leave General Chat with the football, and have hurling out on its own. The hurling board wouldn't be overly active, which means threads aren't gonna slide off into obscurity. The football/general board will still be the most popular/active and will be pretty much as it is at the moment (without the token hurling thread that appears every couple of weeks). So basically, don't change anything about the way things currently are, and add in a separate forum for hurling.

Maybe do it on a trial basis and see how things pan out. I'd leave all the hurling stuff together, including club. We can always revert if things don't work out.

thebandit

BT7's suuggestion is a good one

GY Joe

Tyrone Dreamer

Here's an idea Real Laoislad - if you want to discuss soccer go to a soccer discussion board! The name gaaboard is a kind of giveaway that this wouldnt be the best place to come to if your main interest was discussing soccer.

tayto

I'm for the split as well. it'd help keep hurling threads from getting lost in a sea of football.