All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 26, 2017, 02:59:18 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 25, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 25, 2017, 07:29:26 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 25, 2017, 06:39:52 PM
Is there anyone else playing for Kerry apart from Donaghy. This Mayo obsession with Donaghy is getting tiresome and must be music to kerry's ears
I think it's the media's obsession with how Mayo deal with Kerry - to be fair!

The media love writing/talking about Mayo, definitely more than any other team in either code. Though mostly to take the mick out of them it seems! If they lose to Kerry, it'll all be about what Mayo did wrong. But if they beat Kerry, they will praise them to high heaven and build them up to the sky.

It reminds me a lot of Pillar's Dubs, who were probably also the most entertaining team of their time. And also, like the current Mayo team, always seem to (inadvertently perhaps) do things that brings even more media attention to them!

Really looking forward to the game. Very hard to call, two very evenly matched strong teams. I'm edging towards Mayo, but if Kerry win it'll be Geaney man of the match.

Also Mayo are pretty much the most hated team around at the moment by the media and the neutrals!

Is this actually serious? I'd say Mayo get more good press than just about anyone.

The amount of Mayo columns in the media this week was McGregoresque.

Just compare how the Waterford hurling team if Shanahan , McGrath and Mullahs were treated by the media & neutrals compared to this Mayo team.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 03:03:20 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 26, 2017, 02:59:18 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 25, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 25, 2017, 07:29:26 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 25, 2017, 06:39:52 PM
Is there anyone else playing for Kerry apart from Donaghy. This Mayo obsession with Donaghy is getting tiresome and must be music to kerry's ears
I think it's the media's obsession with how Mayo deal with Kerry - to be fair!

The media love writing/talking about Mayo, definitely more than any other team in either code. Though mostly to take the mick out of them it seems! If they lose to Kerry, it'll all be about what Mayo did wrong. But if they beat Kerry, they will praise them to high heaven and build them up to the sky.

It reminds me a lot of Pillar's Dubs, who were probably also the most entertaining team of their time. And also, like the current Mayo team, always seem to (inadvertently perhaps) do things that brings even more media attention to them!

Really looking forward to the game. Very hard to call, two very evenly matched strong teams. I'm edging towards Mayo, but if Kerry win it'll be Geaney man of the match.

Also Mayo are pretty much the most hated team around at the moment by the media and the neutrals!

Is this actually serious? I'd say Mayo get more good press than just about anyone.

Is this really first time you've encountered batshít Mayo supporters who think everyone is out to get them?

Mayo are pitied rather than hated.

Smarts words from a dumb man :)

Duine Eile

3 more changes for Kerry,
Jonathan Lyne for Griffin
Jack Barry for Maher
Tom O'Sullivan for O'Donoghue

Zulu

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Duine Eile on August 26, 2017, 02:41:16 PM
3 more changes for Kerry,
Jonathan Lyne for Griffin
Jack Barry for Maher
Tom O'Sullivan for O'Donoghue
That change is the biggest talking point and probably confirms he is carrying an injury.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Zulu on August 26, 2017, 02:48:09 PM
Is Tom O'Sullivan a defender?

He is and with Walsh playing as well it looks like Kerry are going to play it fairly defensive today.

Captain Obvious

imtommygunn

Kerry trying to make this physical. Ref not having it.

Zulu

Blowitupref

15 mins gone Mayo 0-5 Kerry 0-4. A lot of yellow cards handed out for very little.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Most deserved bar o'shea. Kerry trying stuff and ref onto them.

Gaffer

Why are we told at every David Gough match who his 4 umpires are!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

RedHand88

Quote from: Gaffer on August 26, 2017, 03:23:52 PM
Why are we told at every David Gough match who his 4 umpires are!!!

Sure it's the gaa and it's all about family and the parish and all that sentimental stuff yada yada yada.

Blowitupref

Scrappy game. 23 mins gone Mayo 0-6 Kerry 0-4. With all the cards handed out its hard to see both sides finishing this game with 15 players.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose