All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

I'd say that's a dud team. Walsh wasn't even kitted out on Sunday, Can't see him being right to start considering it was hamstring trouble. I'd say you'll see the two Jacks start in place of Walsh and Maher. Kerry really are short on established backs as well. No obvious replacements for the guys who we're cleaned out last week.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hound on August 25, 2017, 07:29:26 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 25, 2017, 06:39:52 PM
Is there anyone else playing for Kerry apart from Donaghy. This Mayo obsession with Donaghy is getting tiresome and must be music to kerry's ears
I think it's the media's obsession with how Mayo deal with Kerry - to be fair!

The media love writing/talking about Mayo, definitely more than any other team in either code. Though mostly to take the mick out of them it seems! If they lose to Kerry, it'll all be about what Mayo did wrong. But if they beat Kerry, they will praise them to high heaven and build them up to the sky.

It reminds me a lot of Pillar's Dubs, who were probably also the most entertaining team of their time. And also, like the current Mayo team, always seem to (inadvertently perhaps) do things that brings even more media attention to them!

Really looking forward to the game. Very hard to call, two very evenly matched strong teams. I'm edging towards Mayo, but if Kerry win it'll be Geaney man of the match.

I dunno Hound that Dublin team has a very soft core with the semi loss to us being the perfect example. Pillar's team took a few hammerings against Tyrone and never reached a final. That team probably never reached it's potential and was liked by the neutrals. This Mayo team constantly punches above it's weight through workrate and hunger. Kerry, Dublin and Tyrone are all more talented on paper than Mayo but yet Mayo push them all the way!! Also Mayo are pretty much the most hated team around at the moment by the media and the neutrals! The most disingenuous sentence by far in Ireland today is "sure we would love to see Mayo win an All Ireland" and to be fair to the Dubs, Rossies and Galway at least they are honest about how little they like this Mayo team.

mrhardyannual

I don't expect to see Maher, Walsh or Donoghue start for Kerry. Barry to start midfield, lyne in backs with Murphy lining out at 11 but sweeping. Possibly Darren O Sullivan on half forward line.

Cunny Funt

Mayo have named unchanged team.

David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
    Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
    Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Chris Barrett (Belmullet)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
    Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
    Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Farrandeelin

Whatever the outcome tomorrow, if it is the end of the current Mayo team, I hope that they give it their best shot, in fact I know for a fact they will. If it's not enough then so be it. Hope it is though. Anyways, safe travelling to all tomorrow. Gut tells me Kerry by a point or 2.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Ronan Shanshan not in the named 26 either.Has he just fallen out of favour?
I was at the league final in April and he played the full game corner back.
I haven't watched it back since but I have it in my head that he played very well that day.
Thought he would at least be a bench option if fit.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 25, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
Is there anyone else playing for Kerry apart from Donaghy. This Mayo obsession with Donaghy is getting tiresome and must be music to kerry's ears

The media love writing/talking about Mayo, definitely more than any other team in either code. Though mostly to take the mick out of them it seems! If they lose to Kerry, it'll all be about what Mayo did wrong. But if they beat Kerry, they will praise them to high heaven and build them up to the sky.

It reminds me a lot of Pillar's Dubs, who were probably also the most entertaining team of their time. And also, like the current Mayo team, always seem to (inadvertently perhaps) do things that brings even more media attention to them!

Really looking forward to the game. Very hard to call, two very evenly matched strong teams. I'm edging towards Mayo, but if Kerry win it'll be Geaney man of the match.

Also Mayo are pretty much the most hated team around at the moment by the media and the neutrals!

Is this actually serious? I'd say Mayo get more good press than just about anyone.

The amount of Mayo columns in the media this week was McGregoresque.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 26, 2017, 02:59:18 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 25, 2017, 08:23:38 PM

Also Mayo are pretty much the most hated team around at the moment by the media and the neutrals!

Is this actually serious? I'd say Mayo get more good press than just about anyone.

Is this really first time you've encountered batshít Mayo supporters who think everyone is out to get them?

Mayo are pitied rather than hated.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

Rumours about Keegan and Parsons being doubts, Keegan was in hospital in cbar
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!