All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: larryin89 on August 24, 2017, 01:36:38 PM
The whole county now seems to think aido is the best full back since mick lyons. Love my county but detest the way some are so naive . Aido was roasted. And it will be worse if we persist the next day.

Kerry by 8

Or if Mayo set up right we are capable of beating them.well.better team

I actually think this is true. In the 'middle 8' I think Mayo have the edge. The half back 'launching pad' is a real strength, and they should be able to win a lot of possession in that area. Man for man, I'd say Mayo probably are better in 5 or 6 of the 8 positions. David Moran and perhaps one of Crowley or Morley would be better than their opposite number. Donnacha Walsh would probably even things up a bit more, but looks like he's out. I wouldn't be overly gone on Michael Geaney or Stephen O'Brien.

But Kerry's inside line is of course dangerous, even if J'OD is struggling for form a bit, and because he is his greed and selfishness is obvious. It's alright not to pass when you are scoring. When you're missing it becomes a problem. Paul Geaney is probably their best forward. Even very well marshalled the last day he got 3 or 4 points from play. That's impressive stuff. And the Donaghy question is obviously still not solved.

If this was Team A v Team B, and you said Team B had the better half back line, even enough in Midfield, and probably the better half forward line, you'd pick team B to win 7 times out of 10. Mayo though, seem to be able to find that 3 out of 10 EVERY time.

Still, I'll stick my neck out. Mayo by 4.*

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 24, 2017, 01:31:49 PM
Anyone remember the last time an underdog won a senior IC replay?

London beat Leitrim in a replay a few years ago.

rosnarun

Quote from: larryin89 on August 24, 2017, 01:36:38 PM
The whole county now seems to think aido is the best full back since mick lyons. Love my county but detest the way some are so naive . Aido was roasted. And it will be worse if we persist the next day.

Kerry by 8

Or if Mayo set up right we are capable of beating them.well.better team
there was no roasting , remember mayo drew again red hot favourites . Aidan Did as well as any full back could do on Donaghy on the day the most direct assists you can put down to him is 1:01 the other score were he touched the ball in the build up just like 4 or 5 other players did .
the main thing that this game showed was this Kerry team are not the unstoppable force they seemed to be after beating cork , they like mayo have significant weakness esp in their backs and defensive structure and their bench is not half as good as they thought it was.
all that said I would not bet on the result and think there will be no more than a point in it hopefully to mayo but that would be more down to mayo's shyness in front of goal than anything to do with Aidan o Sé
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Fuzzman

Don't presume anyone needs a premium level ticket for Sat. There's €60 each on the priomh website. PM if you do

brianboru00

Quote from: rosnarun on August 24, 2017, 12:21:01 PM
this must be one of the Greatest GAA PR coups of all time
Kerry full back line were a shambles , a forward subbed off after 20 mins a midfielder and Full back at half time a penalty denied to mayo for handling in the Small square
But  all the attention falls on the mayo full back who held his man to a point .

is it because the only players most people are aware of are Donaghy and Aidan  O Sé.

1. With all due respect if your putting that spin on it then maybe its beyond explanation for you

2. Mayo should NOT have had a penalty. As already explained here, COC should first have been called for square ball and a free out given.

rosnarun

Quote from: brianboru00 on August 24, 2017, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 24, 2017, 12:21:01 PM
this must be one of the Greatest GAA PR coups of all time
Kerry full back line were a shambles , a forward subbed off after 20 mins a midfielder and Full back at half time a penalty denied to mayo for handling in the Small square
But  all the attention falls on the mayo full back who held his man to a point .

is it because the only players most people are aware of are Donaghy and Aidan  O Sé.

1. With all due respect if your putting that spin on it then maybe its beyond explanation for you

2. Mayo should NOT have had a penalty. As already explained here, COC should first have been called for square ball and a free out given.

just quoting the actual fact not a spin at all
even if it was a good a spin its as good as theas the one where the mayo full back was a disaster and must be changed . he wasn't even the second worst full back on the day .
And at no point did COC touch the ball in the small square there fore no square ball ,
no one yet has come up with a coherent reason Kerry were held by such rank outsiders

rosnarun

Quote from: mayo.mick on August 24, 2017, 04:22:44 PM

Average

cillian o connor    7.5
dean rock      7
kingston      6.75
eoin cleary    6.25
Brodrick      6.2
mcbreaty       5.8
c mcmanus   5.2
Andy      3.25

giveballaghback

Take out the free taking and thats the true scoring stat, Kerry look out ye are beaten already, Mayo supporters offering to exchange hurling final tickets for football final tickets with Galway supporters ::)

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Rossfan

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 24, 2017, 09:05:53 PM
Mayo supporters offering to exchange hurling final tickets for football final tickets with Galway supporters ::)

:'( :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Take out the free taking and thats the true scoring stat, Kerry look out ye are beaten already, Mayo supporters offering to exchange hurling final tickets for football final tickets with Galway supporters ::)

Ring fitzmaurice and he will surely stick it up on the dressing room wall!!! ;D
So when are you going to live up to your name and give Ballagh back to Mayo??

Mayo4Sam

It's always good to plan ahead

You know the way you can for the FBD in January
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 25, 2017, 01:31:23 AM

Big talk from a county scared shitless of a pensioner.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2017, 01:40:37 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 25, 2017, 01:31:23 AM

Big talk from a county scared shitless of a pensioner.

You mean the man that has more all stars than Roscommon have won in over a quarter of a century?

Piss off back to the U-17 thread
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me