All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 21, 2017, 05:48:09 PM
Who for the final so?

Think you can rule Deegan, Coldrick and Going out given they have taken charge of the semis. McQuillan? Lane?

Lane is the worst ref on the circuit right now and it would be a disgrace if he gets it.

Lane is poor. Those 3 are probably the best and they have all refereed a semi final. Pat McEneaney seems to love McQuillan, he gets a disproportionately high number of games relative to his ability. I think they try and share these jobs around year on year.

yellowcard

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 06:04:00 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 21, 2017, 06:01:26 PM
Who for the final so?

Think you can rule Deegan, Coldrick and Going out given they have taken charge of the semis. McQuillan? Lane?

Lane is the worst ref on the circuit right now and it would be a disgrace if he gets it.

McQuillan, has to be.

Or... Cormac Reilly?  ;)

Neilan. Did the business in the league final.

Another poor ref, blows his whistle too often for minimal contact.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on August 21, 2017, 06:26:34 PM
Who for the final so?

McQuillan, has to be.

Or... Cormac Reilly?  ;)

Just because you've a hard on for going against him doesn't mean the wider GAA agrees with you.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: yellowcard on August 21, 2017, 06:24:24 PM
Who for the final so?

Lane is poor. Those 3 are probably the best and they have all refereed a semi final. Pat McEneaney seems to love McQuillan, he gets a disproportionately high number of games relative to his ability. I think they try and share these jobs around year on year.
I dont think Pat McEneaney has had any input into the choice of referees since Aogán O Fearghail took over as President. Shame to burst that bubble as it was well blown :(

yellowcard

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 06:31:59 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 21, 2017, 06:26:34 PM
Who for the final so?

McQuillan, has to be.

Or... Cormac Reilly?  ;)

Just because you've a hard on for going against him doesn't mean the wider GAA agrees with you.

I'm not looking for a support from the wider GAA, I'm just giving you my opinion as I see it. Defending a fellow countyman is honourable all the same.

yellowcard

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 21, 2017, 06:34:31 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 21, 2017, 06:24:24 PM
Who for the final so?

I dont think Pat McEneaney has had any input into the choice of referees since Aogán O Fearghail took over as President. Shame to burst that bubble as it was well blown :(

Who is it now then, Sean Walsh?

maigheo

the GAA hour football podcast with Colm Parkinson is well worth a listen.Proper analysis of the game

Keane

Quote from: Ballaghman on August 21, 2017, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 21, 2017, 04:41:29 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 21, 2017, 04:39:11 PM
QuoteYou didn't happen to count how many steps Colm Boyle took before his goal by any chance?

When did was the over carrying rule re-introduced? It doesn't count for goal chances. That one balanced up the penalty we weren't awarded for the ground touch in the square picked up by Dessie Dolan in real time.

That was a square ball first. Cillian O'Connor followed the ball in, and then when Andy Moran kicked at it, Cillian was in the square.
Square ball? In open play? Ah lads get with the programme!

Not sure if you're serious but the rule is you can't be in the square until after the ball is kicked. You can see from the below that O'Connor is well inside the square when Andy takes his shot, Cillian draws on it after and Griffin paws it away on the ground.

Video is here, you can see the time. I don't think this one is really controversial, it's a clear square ball.

Syferus

Quote from: Keane on August 21, 2017, 07:38:23 PM
QuoteYou didn't happen to count how many steps Colm Boyle took before his goal by any chance?

When did was the over carrying rule re-introduced? It doesn't count for goal chances. That one balanced up the penalty we weren't awarded for the ground touch in the square picked up by Dessie Dolan in real time.

That was a square ball first. Cillian O'Connor followed the ball in, and then when Andy Moran kicked at it, Cillian was in the square.

Not sure if you're serious but the rule is you can't be in the square until after the ball is kicked. You can see from the below that O'Connor is well inside the square when Andy takes his shot, Cillian draws on it after and Griffin paws it away on the ground.

Video is here, you can see the time. I don't think this one is really controversial, it's a clear square ball.

Some people from Ballagh aren't very good with understanding boundaries.

Owen Brannigan

Who for the final so?

McQuillan, has to be.

Or... Cormac Reilly?  ;)

Surprised it as you so long to mention that clown.

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 07:48:20 PM
Quote from: Keane on August 21, 2017, 07:38:23 PM

Some people from Ballagh aren't very good with understanding boundaries.

Yes some people think it's in Roscommon!

macdanger2

Good performance yesterday although I feel we left it behind us. Poor mistakes - misplaced handpass and ball out over the sideline - lead directly to the two Kerry goals. In the last ten minutes, we had several chances and took only one. That said, Kerry will look at the quick free by BJK and wonder how they let their lead slip so late on.

I thought the ref did ok, it's difficult to get every decision right in such a fast game.

Moran, Doc, Parsons, Boyle, Higgins, Harrison and Vaughan were all very good. AOS was wasted at FB imo, would definitely move him for the next day and play Vaughan/Coen/SOS at FB. That's the first improvement we can make the next day.

We struggled badly on our own kickouts - lost 9 in total. At least two were unnecessary and led directly to frees that were scored - one that went short directly to a Kerry player who was fouled.  The second went out over the line and ended up in a free. Now Kerry pressure was partly to blame for this but it's surely a second area we can improve on for next week.

The third improvement we need is from Keegan, apparently he was sick during the week so hopefully he'll have more influence next week.

galwayman

Quote from: maigheo on August 21, 2017, 07:16:38 PM
the GAA hour football podcast with Colm Parkinson is well worth a listen.Proper analysis of the game
Haven't listened to today's yet but it's usually very good.
Cian Ward is probably the most interesting analyst I've heard on radio/podcast for a while.

Gael85

Who for the final so?

[/quote

Marty Duffy?  ;D

Lane is poor. He refereed the first Dublin and Mayo game last year and very poor. Surely they could have given replay to McQuillian and keep Gough for the final. Anthony Nolan from Wicklow could be a decent ref