All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Gael85 on August 20, 2017, 08:59:02 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 20, 2017, 08:49:10 PM
Donnchadh Walsh was a big loss for Kerry today protects their defence wins a lot of dirty ball. Sometimes you don't see how much those type of players are missed until they aren't there

and a good man to foul out the pitch too  ;D. If fit I'd expect to start ahead of Mikey Geaney in replay.

Eamonn Fitzmaurice if fit would be an improvement over Geaney.

yellowcard

Kerry could do worse than bring in boy wonder David Clifford the next day.

red hander

Quote from: yellowcard on August 20, 2017, 09:34:25 PM

Watched the minor game... some player that lad

trileacman

Watching it back here. Aos won a single contest with Donaghy all day. It was a failed tactic.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

RedHand88

Tell you one thing, I don't want to hear the hurling snobs gushing about how inferior football is to hurling ever again. What a game it was the day. End to end stuff.

mrdeeds

They can't. Against rules.

ONeill

Quote from: trileacman on August 20, 2017, 09:38:28 PM
Watching it back here. Aos won a single contest with Donaghy all day. It was a failed tactic.

Don't think it's as simple as that. Donaghy was the key to Kerry's attacks v Galway. Today he had far less impact because of the whole O'Shea sideshow. Kerry rarely sought him. I think it worked, today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2017, 09:51:42 PM

Don't think it's as simple as that. Donaghy was the key to Kerry's attacks v Galway. Today he had far less impact because of the whole O'Shea sideshow. Kerry rarely sought him. I think it worked, today.

2 5 came of him.

BennyCake

mrdeeds

Quote from: BennyCake on August 20, 2017, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 20, 2017, 09:50:21 PM

They can't. Against rules.

What rule is that?

Can't play senior anymore as a minor at county level.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 20, 2017, 09:55:57 PM

2 5 came of him.

Is the 2nd Goal AOS fault,  and maybe an indication of what happens with Donaghy and the high ball

criostlinn

I also don't get all this stick management are getting about O Shea. What were they meant to do. Leave him be. Hope that he wouldn't do anything and the first ball he catches and sticks in the back of the net, well that when the abuse really starts rolling. So what were the options. Vaughan ? No guarantee he'd compete with Donaghy in the air and I thought Vaughan offered far more out the pitch then people are giving him credit for.
Seamie, Parsons ?. Do we really think Aiden is a better option in the middle then either of these 2. What about a sweeper. But of course this is going to effect what happens further up the pitch. So what are the options. Was Aiden  really that bad at full back. I may be wrong but did Donaghy have any input in the second half. Kerrys second goal as far as I could see Donaghy was bet to the ball but it took a lucky deflection to put Moran in.
And what about all these marque forwards in the Kerry team How much from play did they score. This great full forward line that we were hearing about all week scored 5 from play. Does O Shea or management get no credit for this.
Andy Moran ran amok against Kerry in tralee in a league match this year. Fitzmaurice made no effort to try and do anythinf about this. At least Rochford looked  at problems Mayo have had in the past and tried to address them.

criostlinn

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 20, 2017, 09:55:57 PM

2 5 came of him.

If Joe Brolly said it did well then it must have

highorlow

I hear Aido is injured. Played him anyhow in FB.

Fair balls to Rochford if that's true.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

SouthDublinBro

Kerry will win the replay handily if it's a dry day. The wet ball helped Mayo immeasurably.