All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

If Kerry win this by ten points plus, what proposal should we bring forward for next year's championship?

criostlinn

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 17, 2017, 02:56:57 PM
Never fails to amuse me how Mayo supporters continuously go in blind into games. They hammer an average Roscommon team after giving them far too much respect in the original fixture and suddenly they are a serious outfit. For all their Huffing and Puffing it's been 5 years since Mayo took a serious scalp in the Championship - Dublin 2012. Like Tyrone they like to believe in their own importance. The game will be up for this group on Sunday! They, like other Mayo teams will join in the annals of cumulative under-achievers of their predecessors!

Kerry by 5 (and pulling up at that)!

Kerry all the way. We wont be able to compete with Moran in midfield and Donaghy at full forward. If Mayo get within 10 points of them i'll be happy. And then on march Kerry in the hope of getting there first serious scalp in the championship since.....???.... well, have they ever had one. Surely the only thing that can be considered a serious scalp is to topple the almighty kingdom.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 03:28:14 PM
If Kerry win this by ten points plus, what proposal should we bring forward for next year's championship?
A super 2. Best of 7 games like the NBA finals.

Mayo4Sam14

Donaghy first goal... 10/1, Kerry by exactly 8... 17/1.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

highorlow

What's the story with David Moran's injury?

I believe he pulled up in training the other evening and is a doubtful starter.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ballinaman

Quote from: highorlow on August 17, 2017, 03:48:07 PM

Yerra, he pulled up his socks is all

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 17, 2017, 03:13:44 PM
Never fails to amuse me how Mayo supporters continuously go in blind into games. They hammer an average Roscommon team after giving them far too much respect in the original fixture and suddenly they are a serious outfit. For all their Huffing and Puffing it's been 5 years since Mayo took a serious scalp in the Championship - Dublin 2012. Like Tyrone they like to believe in their own importance. The game will be up for this group on Sunday! They, like other Mayo teams will join in the annals of cumulative under-achievers of their predecessors!

Looking forward to seeing your posts on Sunday evening. Kerry don't hold the aura of '04-'06 for this group. There is much more pressure on this Kerry Group as there is on Mayo, even more. Losing to Mayo would put them down the pecking order. They have been ranked 2nd the last couple of years based purely on tradition.

Speaking of scalps! Who has been Kerrys last big Scalp? Mayo 2014? Not one to put in the scrap book!

In fairness many Mayo heads believe they are ranked the 2nd best the last few years even though the main scalp taken the last 3 years was a 14 man Tyrone side in transition by one point.  As Aidan O'Mahony said yesterday Kerry are judged on how they do in All-Ireland finals and not on winning semi-finals i think Mayo need to have this same attitude if they win on Sunday.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 17, 2017, 04:06:51 PM

Looking forward to seeing your posts on Sunday evening. Kerry don't hold the aura of '04-'06 for this group. There is much more pressure on this Kerry Group as there is on Mayo, even more. Losing to Mayo would put them down the pecking order. They have been ranked 2nd the last couple of years based purely on tradition.

Speaking of scalps! Who has been Kerrys last big Scalp? Mayo 2014? Not one to put in the scrap book!

In fairness many Mayo heads believe they are ranked the 2nd best the last few years even though the main scalp taken the last 3 years was a 14 man Tyrone side in transition by one point.  As Aidan O'Mahony said yesterday Kerry are judged on how they do in All-Ireland finals and not on winning semi-finals i think Mayo need to have this same attitude if they win on Sunday.

If Mayo are judged only on how they do in AI finals.. Jesus wept.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 17, 2017, 01:23:16 PM
If you were to pick a team from the two, who would you go with?  For me it'd be:

Clarke (although I don't know much about the Kerry keeper tbh)
Enright Harrison Higgins
Keegan Boyle Morley (although I could see Crowley replacing either Boyle or Morley)
Moran Parsons (tight call for the 2nd position)
McLoughlin AOS Buckley (two slow men in the HF line though)
Geaney COC JOD (COC ahead of moran for his free taking)

The team is perhaps lacking balance and I surely have a mayo bias (giving probably 3 marginal decisions our way) but I'm giving it 8-6 on outfield players to mayo.

Kerry have more on the bench I think - Maher/Barry, O'Brien, McCarthy, Darren o's, bjk, savage compared to coen, doc/Vaughan, Loftus, drake, Nally

I think we'll push them close but scores from the bench might get them over the line - unless we somehow manage to stifle the influence of Moran in a massive way

Enright is a liability.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: larryin89 on August 17, 2017, 08:04:15 PM
How is he a liability?

He's not very good and if he wore another jersey other than Kerry's he'd probably be lucky to see half time in most games.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 05:51:08 PM

If you were to pick a team from the two, who would you go with?  For me it'd be:

Clarke (although I don't know much about the Kerry keeper tbh)
Enright Harrison Higgins
Keegan Boyle Morley (although I could see Crowley replacing either Boyle or Morley)
Moran Parsons (tight call for the 2nd position)
McLoughlin AOS Buckley (two slow men in the HF line though)
Geaney COC JOD (COC ahead of moran for his free taking)

The team is perhaps lacking balance and I surely have a mayo bias (giving probably 3 marginal decisions our way) but I'm giving it 8-6 on outfield players to mayo.

Kerry have more on the bench I think - Maher/Barry, O'Brien, McCarthy, Darren o's, bjk, savage compared to coen, doc/Vaughan, Loftus, drake, Nally

I think we'll push them close but scores from the bench might get them over the line - unless we somehow manage to stifle the influence of Moran in a massive way

Clarke
Enright Griffin Harrison
Keegan Crowley Boyle
Moran Parsons
Doherty AOS COC
Geaney Donaghy JOD
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

whitey

Quote from: mayoaremagic on August 17, 2017, 05:40:01 PM
Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 17, 2017, 03:27:51 PM

Don't kid yourself as to Mayo being a scalp! You where just another county in the way of us winning another AI title that year. You threw your best at us and we still beat ye. Must be depressing to have given some much and still come up short to what was then a Kerry team in transition.

Any word on O'Donoghue. Heard he had a off the field issue coming into Galway.Maybe why he was out of form?

I heard that the priest skipped over his house for the Stations....very upsetting for all involved

Jinxy

Quote from: highorlow on August 17, 2017, 03:48:07 PM

I heard there was a massive row.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick