Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone11234

An Watcher

What did yous think of canavan on the Sunday Game last night.  Thought he was critical without being overly so.  Mentioned that Tyrone put no pressure on the new donegal keepers kick outs. He thought that Morgan could have come out a bit more just to pressurise him on the kick outs without going gong ho like derry.  At the same time he mentioned the lack of men to come off the bench.

NotedObserver

Quote from: An Watcher on April 29, 2024, 06:52:35 AMWhat did yous think of canavan on the Sunday Game last night.  Thought he was critical without being overly so.  Mentioned that Tyrone put no pressure on the new donegal keepers kick outs. He thought that Morgan could have come out a bit more just to pressurise him on the kick outs without going gong ho like derry.  At the same time he mentioned the lack of men to come off the bench.
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on April 28, 2024, 11:09:14 PMWhat has happened to R Canavan
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on April 28, 2024, 11:09:14 PMWhat has happened to R Canavan
[/quote

R Canavan looks short of confidence and he isn't making much of an impact this year so far. A number of the Tyrone starters young and older to be honest look a good bit off top level inter county

square_ball

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 28, 2024, 11:08:28 PM
Quote from: square_ball on April 28, 2024, 08:51:06 PMLack of any sort of strength in depth killed us today. One enforced sub and another in the 63rd minute in normal time tells the tale.

Can't fault the effort and performance and probably should have seen it out in normal time. Once it went to extra time we were always going to struggle particularly with the lack of changes made.

Hopefully Meyler and Harte will be back for the group stage. I'd be expecting QF minimum and then after that who knows.

Our refusal by the management to use our bench killed us today. Yes, they may lack experience but if they were good enough in ET last week then surely they were today. To throw away a 3 point lead with 15 to go and then a 1 point lead deep into injury time was very disappointing.
Once Donegal went ahead, you never felt we would win

Yeah management obviously didn't trust or have belief in the lads sitting behind them. Making those 2 changes with 2 minutes of the extra time to go was a waste of time.

Seen Oguz walking about in a sling and I think it was Liam Gray with a heavy enough looking leg brace on as well yesterday. Be surprised if they were back for the rest of the season based on that.

Mikhailov

Quote from: An Watcher on April 29, 2024, 06:52:35 AMWhat did yous think of canavan on the Sunday Game last night.  Thought he was critical without being overly so.  Mentioned that Tyrone put no pressure on the new donegal keepers kick outs. He thought that Morgan could have come out a bit more just to pressurise him on the kick outs without going gong ho like derry.  At the same time he mentioned the lack of men to come off the bench.

I actually thought Canavan held back and done well to do so - it was apparent he was frustrated at the performance. He highlighted the kickouts as you say plus detailed a few times Tyrone moved the ball at pace and got scores from and questioned why we didn't do this more often plus he queried why we didn't use the bench more especially in ET
The fact his youngest son only got on in ET must be hard for him to stomach especially after playing well in Cavan last week.
Cian Mackey didn't miss Tyrone however. Said they had no bite, didn't play on the edge, were never on the front foot going for the jugular and said it was not the type of Tyrone team he played against (understandable considering the turnover in players plus age profile).

trueblue1234

Am I the only one thinking our conditioning is below were it should be? I thought in the 2nd half of normal time, a good few of our men stopped making the runs that we had been making in the 1st half. Think new legs then could have made a big difference. But management have been slow to implement changes. Oguz A big loss in that regards.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

NotedObserver

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 29, 2024, 09:15:50 AMAm I the only one thinking our conditioning is below were it should be? I thought in the 2nd half of normal time, a good few of our men stopped making the runs that we had been making in the 1st half. Think new legs then could have made a big difference. But management have been slow to implement changes. Oguz A big loss in that regards.

Yes to me conditioning looks off but hard to judge after ET back to back weeks. Would any under 20s be expected into the panel? With all the injuries and drop outs Tyrone are getting light.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 29, 2024, 09:15:50 AMAm I the only one thinking our conditioning is below were it should be? I thought in the 2nd half of normal time, a good few of our men stopped making the runs that we had been making in the 1st half. Think new legs then could have made a big difference. But management have been slow to implement changes. Oguz A big loss in that regards.

Spot on - conditioning has been a problem for me for a number of years (since P Donnelly has left). It was never an issue when he was about. The energy started to drop after 15 mins in the second half and the defensive line dropped a few yards which let Mogan and McGonnigle hit big scores that help Donegal get the momentum back (as well as a few bad turnovers from McShane and McDonnell).

RE: the bench, McGuinness hasn't a lot of faith in his bench also as I think he brought O Baoill back on again

sam03/05

Thought Tyrone done well but ran outta steam at the end. They were 1 point ahead with 30 secs play and they led nearly the whole game  so they were not that bad overall. If they get Cormac Quinn, Harte, Meyler, Burns, Oguz all back they might do ok.

square_ball

Quote from: Scoring Zone on April 29, 2024, 03:19:00 PM

Spot on - conditioning has been a problem for me for a number of years (since P Donnelly has left). It was never an issue when he was about. The energy started to drop after 15 mins in the second half and the defensive line dropped a few yards which let Mogan and McGonnigle hit big scores that help Donegal get the momentum back (as well as a few bad turnovers from McShane and McDonnell).

RE: the bench, McGuinness hasn't a lot of faith in his bench also as I think he brought O Baoill back on again

True but by accident or design he at least seemed to have a plan for how he was going to use the players he did have faith in. In saying that it doesn't do much for the confidence of the players that he didn't use from the bench (and same for the Tyrone lads too).