Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

So thats that then, might as well pack it in, instead of getting a manager and a panel together. Will save the county a fortune
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 01:22:41 PM
So thats that then, might as well pack it in, instead of getting a manager and a panel together. Will save the county a fortune
Jesus MR2 settle down. I'm just suggesting that perhaps given form over recent years we should maybe be realistic in our expectations. Am I wrong to suggest that promotion without 4/5 of our best players is a long shot? 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on November 30, 2018, 07:14:56 AM
Jesus MR2 settle down. I'm just suggesting that perhaps given form over recent years we should maybe be realistic in our expectations. Am I wrong to suggest that promotion without 4/5 of our best players is a long shot?

Settle down? You're the one that came on and dismissed the campaign before it even started!

Let's see would be my view.. at this level it's hardly a long shot, just because we are missing players due to club championship. we generally missed players every year due club commitments..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Down are moving the agregroups to U13/15/17 in 2020.

Have Antrim decided yet what they are doing?

BigBallWeeBall

I understand no change to existing format 12/14/16 etc planned for 2019 in Antrim

Jesusjones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2018, 07:59:23 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on November 30, 2018, 07:14:56 AM

Settle down? You're the one that came on and dismissed the campaign before it even started!

Let's see would be my view.. at this level it's hardly a long shot, just because we are missing players due to club championship. we generally missed players every year due club commitments..
I genuinely hope we get promoted but we are trying to do it with one hand tied behind our backs.

imtommygunn

One thing the last year has taught us, both at club and county, is that McManus is our best player by a country mile. Without him it will be difficult (but not impossible).

Having watched the Galway final highlights I, unfortunately, am not so sure Cushendall players will be missing until after February as that team look a step above any teams up here. I hope I'm wrong but at least if that happens the cushendall county players will be back sooner.

Hoping James McNaughton and Keelan Molloy will have a chance to shine though as they seem like 2 big prospects for the future.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 30, 2018, 12:43:17 PM
One thing the last year has taught us, both at club and county, is that McManus is our best player by a country mile. Without him it will be difficult (but not impossible).

Having watched the Galway final highlights I, unfortunately, am not so sure Cushendall players will be missing until after February as that team look a step above any teams up here. I hope I'm wrong but at least if that happens the cushendall county players will be back sooner.

Hoping James McNaughton and Keelan Molloy will have a chance to shine though as they seem like 2 big prospects for the future.
McManus is by far the dominant talent on that team but if he wasn't there someone else would need to become the "go to" man. Is there anyone else that can carry a team like he can if the need arose?

Milltown Row2

The style of play will be different without McManus.. Thats what a manager is there for, if we get one that is.. we've been in better leagues and been without 'county' players due to club runs, Loughgiels year when they won it, the players were not available..

Once things are established (hopefully soooner rather than later) the team can be sorted... Sure Cushendall are not even the best team according so some of their posters...  if you were to look back at the previous pages on the lead up to championship  ;D

imtommygunn

Cushendall are superb in midfield and defense. However they struggle in the forward dept. Been like that for years.

I do think McNaughton can become that go to guy. I haven't seen enough of Molloy but going by reports I am hoping he might fall into that mould too.

ciaran1988

Neal Peden to be new manager with Gary O'Kane, Jim Close, Karl McKeegan and Anthony Daly to be part of the new management team going by Irish News reports

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ciaran1988 on December 02, 2018, 01:08:02 AM
Neal Peden to be new manager with Gary O'Kane, Jim Close, Karl McKeegan and Anthony Daly to be part of the new management team going by Irish News reports
That's what I heard, let's see, hopefully we'll fo better than some suggested

cfclg

Quote from: ciaran1988 on December 02, 2018, 01:08:02 AM

How much per man for a season.

NP - £?
GOK - £?
JC - £?
KMcK - £?
AD - £?

Some of those men might not take anything but I'd be pretty sure Anthony Daly isn't coming up here for the craic!

Sweeper 123

Its a tough Job and a lot of time and commitment from all - i would say whatever they are getting it isnt enough

Milltown Row2

sure lets put up how much they'll get and not how well they will hopefully do! FFS!