2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2018, 08:26:38 AM
Quote from: Zulu on April 01, 2018, 05:46:04 PM
Kilkenny MOM? Didn't think he was even in the running. Thought Mannion was very good for Dublin.
TG4 man of the match. Every time!!

Although Con O'Callaghan will give him a run for his money in future league campaigns (assuming the Cuala hurling juggernaut gets held up at some stage)

Has he fluent Irish ? That seems to help with TG4  ;)

straightred

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2018, 09:49:16 AM
Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2018, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2018, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:05:46 PM
Easy when Hyundai gives you a car and you don't have to actually work a day as a Dublin player.

Don't know how many times this bullshit has been disproven

Some people don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Dublin players got the month off work to train before the AI final. No other team got this privilege. Fact
Presume this is an April fool.

I know many won't believe this, but I know for a 100% fact that Cian O'Sullivan took just 4 days holidays in September. He worked full days on the Monday-Thursday leading up to the All Ireland (worked very late on Thursday after training, as mid/late September is busy season in his job). Took Friday off and Mon-Wed inclusive the following week, back to work on Thursday.

Wasnt Cluxton back teaching on the Monday? It was Tuesday at the latest I'm near sure.

And i'm pretty sure kilkenny was down the country doing teaching practice in the run up to a recent final.

straightred

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 01, 2018, 11:18:35 PM
Another stunning performance by the Dubs today. Their focus and icy coolness under pressure is awesome.

Galway had a very good league and for about three quarters of today's game they performed with spirit. However, if I were a Galway supporter I'd be concerned that today's performance might be as good as it gets.

I honestly believe that the system that they are developing will never win them anything - it is alien to the great footballing traditions of Galway and stunts the skills of their very talented players. In the last few minutes of today's game it was pitiful to see Galway forwards conceding frees by fouling Dublin defenders while the clock ran down. I really think that Galway are taking the wrong road.

Well done to the Dubs.

I think i agree (although i do fancy them to beat Mayo). They have some great individual players and Comer can be as good as Donaghy in his prime. When Scully went off they had a chance to go for it but they stuck to the game plan and that was a mistake. Dublin brought on the quality subs (as only they can do) and that was that.

At times in the first half dublin were just as bad with the blanket stuff - it made for a snorefest. Thankfully it livened up in the second half

Gold

Listen if Galway didnt stop kicking the ball to Comer they'd have won

Literally thee most frustrating thing to watch.

Comer won every ball....Galway got turnovers but soloed head down when they shoulda been walting the ball in 1 on 1 from the halfway line to Comer. Instead they dilly dallied time and time and gave Cooper the chance to sprint back to cover in front of Comer.
One of the last plays a dope ran head down into 3 Dubs in midfield with the head down and got turned over.  If he hadve lifted the head he'd have seen Comer inside on Mick Fitz and 40 yards of space in front of him....infuriating.
Even when all congested just handpass to Comer and he'll get a free or a shot off
If i was the manager i would be screaming at them night after night "get the ball to Comer, sicken him with ball and we'll beat any team."
He's that good.  A joy to watch live yesterday
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

straightred

Quote from: Gold on April 02, 2018, 10:07:57 AM
Listen if Galway didnt stop kicking the ball to Comer they'd have won

Literally thee mist frustrating thing to watch.

Comer won every ball....Galway got turnovers but soloed head down when they shoulda been walting the ball in 1 on 1 from the halfway line to Comer. Instead they dilly dallied time and time and gave Cooper the chance to sprint back to cover in front of Comer.
One of the last plays a dope rand head down into 3 Dubs in midfield with the head down and got turned over.  If he hadve lifted the head he'd have seen Comer inside on Mick Fitz and 40 yards of space in front of him....infuriating.
Even when all congested just handpass to Comer and he'll get a free or a shot off
If i was the manager i would be screaming at them night after night "get the ball to Comer, sicken him with ball and we'll beat any team."
He's that good.  A joy to watch live yesterday

Id say Cafferkey is having nighmares already !

Wildweasel74

Its not hes that good; more an issue that dublin still havent found a natural full back since rory o C went abroad!

GaillimhIarthair

Kilkenny MOM? Didn't think he was even in the running. Thought Mannion was very good for Dublin.

Although Con O'Callaghan will give him a run for his money in future league campaigns (assuming the Cuala hurling juggernaut gets held up at some stage)
I know it's par for the course that a player from the winning team usually get the MOTM award but IMHO Damien Comer was the outstanding player on the pitch yesterday.  None of the numerous Dublin backs that were switched on to him at various stages could handle him and our biggest failing was that we didn't freshen up the team around the middle third in the last quarter to try and maintin a half decent service into him.  He doesn't need perfect ball, he's well capable of winning most stuff that comes his was as his reverse fisted point clearly demonstrated that.  He's developed into a real leader of this current Galway team and the captaincy clearly suits him - hope he has a great Summer!

straightred

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on April 02, 2018, 10:27:14 AM

I know it's par for the course that a player from the winning team usually get the MOTM award but IMHO Damien Comer was the outstanding player on the pitch yesterday.  None of the numerous Dublin backs that were switched on to him at various stages could handle him and our biggest failing was that we didn't freshen up the team around the middle third in the last quarter to try and maintin a half decent service into him.  He doesn't need perfect ball, he's well capable of winning most stuff that comes his was as his reverse fisted point clearly demonstrated that.  He's developed into a real leader of this current Galway team and the captaincy clearly suits him - hope he has a great Summer!

Can he speak Irish  :)

larryin89

Cafferky wont be marking comer
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RedHand88

Quote from: larryin89 on April 02, 2018, 10:50:23 AM
Cafferky wont be marking comer

Mayo management team extraordinaire will likely put AOS on him.

Avondhu star

Quote from: straightred on April 02, 2018, 09:49:39 AM

Has he fluent Irish ? That seems to help with TG4  ;)
Unless you are a pure thicko anyone who went through school should be able to put a few sentences together for a TG4 interview. The TG4 team arent tyrants and will help If the player is willing.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Gael85

Quote from: straightred on April 02, 2018, 09:51:17 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2018, 09:49:16 AM
Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2018, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2018, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:05:46 PM
Easy when Hyundai gives you a car and you don't have to actually work a day as a Dublin player.

Don't know how many times this bullshit has been disproven

Some people don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Dublin players got the month off work to train before the AI final. No other team got this privilege. Fact
Presume this is an April fool.

I know many won't believe this, but I know for a 100% fact that Cian O'Sullivan took just 4 days holidays in September. He worked full days on the Monday-Thursday leading up to the All Ireland (worked very late on Thursday after training, as mid/late September is busy season in his job). Took Friday off and Mon-Wed inclusive the following week, back to work on Thursday.

Wasnt Cluxton back teaching on the Monday? It was Tuesday at the latest I'm near sure.

And i'm pretty sure kilkenny was down the country doing teaching practice in the run up to a recent final.

Kilkenny was teaching up in Donegal.Think that was before 2016 final.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: straightred on April 02, 2018, 10:37:22 AM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on April 02, 2018, 10:27:14 AM

Can he speak Irish  :)
He has enough to get by!! Just though CK was a surprising choice to be honest

Maroon Manc

A very disappointing last 10 mins but you can't help but be pleased with the first 60. As for moral victories what a load of nonsense. Well done to Dublin, their the masters of closing out a game whether their in the lead or chasing it like last September.

I thought Scully was unlucky to get sent off at first then I realised he didn't even get a yellow card for his foul on Comer in the first half so he can have no complaints. Galway wouldn't have won anyway but every decision went the Dubs way in the last 10 mins, Nolan showed no consistency with those 5 or 6 decisions. Comer clearly pulled Copper's jersey early on but think he'd have got the free anyway but he's got to cut that out as it got him a black card against Roscommon in the replay 2 years ago, apart from that he gave an outstanding performance with scoring 3 points from play and winning 3 or 4 frees around the 21.

Galway did very well on Cluxtons kickouts in the first half winning 4 of those that passed the 45, tiredness in the 2nd half probably crept in and Galway couldn't apply as much pressure but overall Galway won 50% of Cluxton's kickouts that went long. I've given him plenty of stick put yesterday was Lavelle's best performance for Galway although he was probably helped by better movement in front of him but their was a critical time in the game where in the space of a few minutes Galway conceded 3 points losing 2 kickouts in the process but its fair to see a bit of progress was made.

I hope Kevin Walsh learns from yesterday, Galway were too slow to make changes yesterday and given the way Galway play they couldn't react to the sending off although several Galway players looked out on their feet in the last 10 mins in comparison to the Dubs which is ironic given Galway are at championship pace now and the Dubs aren't even training. Lets see what the championship brings, its been ignored by the pundits that Galway have an average of 23 and have several very good players who will see game time.

Blowitupref

Quote from: skeog on April 02, 2018, 09:22:50 AM
Dublin are the barometer for the chasing pack,at no time yesterday did they look like losing.Mayo will have had a good look at Galway and i expect them to beat them in Castlebar.
With about 10 mins to play they were there to be beat. 0-13 each only 14 men and playing against the wind. Lack of experience and cuteness was Galways downfall i feel even Monaghan would have won that final yesterday if in that position with 10 mins to play. I agree Mayo had a good look at Galway and i also expect Mayo to win that championship game on May 13th

Well done to Dublin going into the 2013 final they hadn't won a Div 1 NFL title since 1993 now they have won 5 in the last 6 years and will win many more league titles in the years ahead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose