Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Orior

If you want to blame someone for knife crime in Glasgow, then what about Jamie Bryson's tweets after the match?

QuoteNo surprise that animal Scott Brown involved once again antagonising Rangers players. Couldn't like him & Lennon if you reared them. Understandable that Ryan Kent lashed out with Brown sneering in his face.

QuoteGreat effort from the 10 men of Rangers. Players done well at the end not to react to the provocation from that absolute reptile Scott Brown. You can imagine what the likes of Goram, Durrant & McCoist would have done with him.

QuoteNo surprise to see the hate oozing out of Celtic's players, the thuggish Lennon & their bitter supporters as that cretin Scott Brown deliberately tries to get a player sent off.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ned

Agenda anyone? Laughable how certain links or "experts" are posted without research into why said rhetoric is espoused.
Go infest another thread.

Angelo

Quote from: 6th sam on April 01, 2019, 11:20:38 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 01, 2019, 10:19:10 PM
Ok. Calling out the overt sectarianism around this fixture is now trolling. Ok. Got it.

I've been to Celtic park
Many times and feel a strong affinity to their Irish and charitable origins.
That said, there are elements of the old firm rivalry which are dangerous and unattractive.
Scott Brown's  interviews are often hilarious and he's proven himself to be a winner , but like all old firm
Players , he has a responsibility not to provoke . It appears There is a man fighting for his life and a family in distress because of injuries incurred related to the old firm yesterday. That's reality. Celtic have much better resources and a much better team and I was delighted with the win, but Scott Brown's behaviour yesterday left a lot to be desired .
I'm absolutely delighted for Neil Lennon particularly, but Brown should remember that Neil and others have suffered enormously as a result of sectarianism, and I hope all of us genuine Celtic fans are big enough to analyse Scott Brown's behaviour yestersday, and though it's hard not to have a laugh and enjoy his goading of our rivals, we must be big enough to admit that it's not what Celtic is.about , as an institution .

Why are you linking sectarianism with Scott Brown, it's an utterly ludicrous argument.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

charlieTully

Quote from: trailer on April 02, 2019, 04:58:51 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47776888

layer behaviour in Sunday's Old Firm derby was "unacceptable", Scottish Police Federation vice-chairman David Hamilton says.

And Hamilton claims Scottish football is in a "crisis" that will turn people away from the game amid a rise in fan trouble this season.

Celtic's 2-1 home win over Rangers featured two red cards, several flashpoints and a post-match melee.

"That winds the crowd up," Hamilton told BBC Scotland's Sportsound.

Rangers pair Alfredo Morelos and Andy Halliday were shown red cards for clashes with Celtic captain Scott Brown, whose celebrations in front of the away fans at full-time led to the confrontation with Halliday and sparked a mass fracas.
Some Celtic fans spilled on to the pitch after their side's opener and flares were also thrown during the match.

"It's despairing the way some fans are behaving in Scottish football," Hamilton said. "We're seeing an escalation in violence both in terms of severity and frequency.

"At the weekend, some of the officers who were working at Celtic Park were saying it's the worst they've seen in 15-20 years of service. An officer had a flash-bang thrown at him that just missed his head."

Hamilton said picking out the culprits was made more difficult by fans taking measures to avoid being identified.

"People are hiding behind banners and flags, some of which are being stored in the stadium by the clubs," he said. "It's absolutely extraordinary.

"We're seeing a lack of stewarding, very few numbers dealing with some of the most difficult people. It's not a police issue to deal with us. We get nothing back from the clubs."

What is your point? What are you asking here in this thread? It's a forum for Celtic related matters. There is debate around who we believe is the best manager for the job, team selection, best formations etc etc. We don't all gather round and video chat each other singing raa songs, we don't congregate and stab people who might be rangers fans. Why do you feel the need to troll? You are obviously not a Celtic fan or a supporter of any other SPL club

Kickham csc

Is it just me, or is Gerrard showing signs that he is not up to the job?

Rangers have continually dropped points against weaker opposition, in 2 or the 3 OF games, Rangers were out played for 3/4 of the games.

Their disciplinary record is bad, which seems to be an extension of his management style.

He used terms over the past two days that shows that he is playing to the worst elements of Rangers Fan base

Brown....Provoker, showing sympathy with Ryan and Morelos. The assaulted a player, but its the Celtic players fault. Compare that to ex Rangers players disgust at their behaviour
Rangers player was "protecting" the fans from Brown.....from what????
His statement "He knows what he would do to Brown during the next game" ???? Hope there is no violence against Brown during next OF game
Celtic playing the "victim card", yet it was Rangers playing victim.

He has had better players at his disposal than pervious managers, but no improvement

How long before fingers start pointing towards Gerrard for not being up to the job.

I can't see the Liverpool management team looking at Gerrard as being a candidate to replace Klopp.

trailer

Quote from: charlieTully on April 02, 2019, 11:27:06 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 02, 2019, 04:58:51 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47776888

layer behaviour in Sunday's Old Firm derby was "unacceptable", Scottish Police Federation vice-chairman David Hamilton says.

And Hamilton claims Scottish football is in a "crisis" that will turn people away from the game amid a rise in fan trouble this season.

Celtic's 2-1 home win over Rangers featured two red cards, several flashpoints and a post-match melee.

"That winds the crowd up," Hamilton told BBC Scotland's Sportsound.

Rangers pair Alfredo Morelos and Andy Halliday were shown red cards for clashes with Celtic captain Scott Brown, whose celebrations in front of the away fans at full-time led to the confrontation with Halliday and sparked a mass fracas.
Some Celtic fans spilled on to the pitch after their side's opener and flares were also thrown during the match.

"It's despairing the way some fans are behaving in Scottish football," Hamilton said. "We're seeing an escalation in violence both in terms of severity and frequency.

"At the weekend, some of the officers who were working at Celtic Park were saying it's the worst they've seen in 15-20 years of service. An officer had a flash-bang thrown at him that just missed his head."

Hamilton said picking out the culprits was made more difficult by fans taking measures to avoid being identified.

"People are hiding behind banners and flags, some of which are being stored in the stadium by the clubs," he said. "It's absolutely extraordinary.

"We're seeing a lack of stewarding, very few numbers dealing with some of the most difficult people. It's not a police issue to deal with us. We get nothing back from the clubs."

What is your point? What are you asking here in this thread? It's a forum for Celtic related matters. There is debate around who we believe is the best manager for the job, team selection, best formations etc etc. We don't all gather round and video chat each other singing raa songs, we don't congregate and stab people who might be rangers fans. Why do you feel the need to troll? You are obviously not a Celtic fan or a supporter of any other SPL club

Charlie, it's a Celtic issue. I linked an article from the BBC. That's all. Should we not tackle sectarianism? Should we ignore it?
If pointing out the issues around this fixture and Scottish football in general is trolling, well then we're all trolling every time we point out a problem. If you don't want to comment on it then don't, that's fine.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Kickham csc on April 03, 2019, 10:38:55 AM

Rangers have continually dropped points against weaker opposition, in 2 or the 3 OF games, Rangers were out played for 3/4 of the games.

Their disciplinary record is bad, which seems to be an extension of his management style.

He used terms over the past two days that shows that he is playing to the worst elements of Rangers Fan base

Brown....Provoker, showing sympathy with Ryan and Morelos. The assaulted a player, but its the Celtic players fault. Compare that to ex Rangers players disgust at their behaviour
His statement "He knows what he would do to Brown during the next game" ???? Hope there is no violence against Brown during next OF game

He has had better players at his disposal than pervious managers, but no improvement

How long before fingers start pointing towards Gerrard for not being up to the job.

I can't see the Liverpool management team looking at Gerrard as being a candidate to replace Klopp.
He has prob done as well if not better than realistically expected... albeit with loads of funding and spending.

He has zero experience and it shows

He was the big name that the huns pin their Hopes to... and he helped generate enough interest to keep their cash registers pinging.

However he will never be up to it. Best thing will be that he will blow up in the summer or during next season and Celtic will walk home for a 10 in a row. Certainly a 9 in a row is desirable...the sfa will do all in their power to stop a 10 in a row... look at what happens when sevco lose a game to Celtic..  on the field they behave like knackers, off the field they are homicidal scum.

The fighting is similar to the rest of Britain... where this is not labelled as sectarian... its thuggery.

Leeds, man u, liverpool, Chelsea, west ham etc plus others all have their scum hooligan element... as has been well documented in TV documentaries and media publications.

So it's not just a Glasgow, Scotland sectarian issue... it's a societal problem on their whole island.
Sevco just happen to be way worse in Scotland.

trailer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 03, 2019, 11:13:03 AM

He has prob done as well if not better than realistically expected... albeit with loads of funding and spending.

He was the big name that the huns pin their Hopes to... and he helped generate enough interest to keep their cash registers pinging.

However he will never be up to it. Best thing will be that he will blow up in the summer or during next season and Celtic will walk home for a 10 in a row. Certainly a 9 in a row is desirable...the sfa will do all in their power to stop a 10 in a row... look at what happens when sevco lose a game to Celtic..  on the field they behave like knackers, off the field they are homicidal scum.

The fighting is similar to the rest of Britain... where this is not labelled as sectarian... its thuggery.

Leeds, man u, liverpool, Chelsea, west ham etc plus others all have their scum hooligan element... as has been well documented in TV documentaries and media publications.

So it's not just a Glasgow, Scotland sectarian issue... it's a societal problem on their whole island.

The language you use in relation to Rangers and their supporters sort of proves it isn't just one sided.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2019, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 03, 2019, 11:13:03 AM

The language you use in relation to Rangers and their supporters sort of proves it isn't just one sided.
You are attempting to create an argument without sufficient evidence or enough intellect to back it up. ...let alone first hand experience. 

Having observed sports fans globally ( largely at first hand) I can say that the vitriol emanating from sevco fans is akin to orange order loyalist/unionist thugs that only a smallish portion of north of Ireland fans also possess.

The rangers/sevco fans that are the scum element are indeed huns and trailer trash.

Go over to Glasgow, sit and have a meal or drink with your girl ( or boy- whatever you are into) . Enable sevco hun fans coming home from a game to hear your accent. Expect an attack.
Tell me then its caused by Scott brown.
You need to broaden your experience as well as education.
Acting the arsehole on a website in a thread for Celtic fans is highly unlikely to effect the learning you need to graduate from being an idiot.
Your assertion on my terminology is without any comprehension on what I've experienced or that I've befriended many a rangers fan in England and Scotland.. even Dublin. Please have a good look at your own mindset rather than pontificate about the similar collective on here. Maybe you'll find that you are completely incorrect and making a fool of yourself. Which you are. You'll better yourself from assimilating an informed opinion through enhanced learning ( including listening). You can thank me later!

tonto1888

Quote from: dec on April 03, 2019, 03:16:10 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/video-young-celtic-fan-sings-sectarian-song-about-rangers-kitman-jimmy-bell-14015804/vp-BBTLvBM

How long did it take to find that? Nobody denies we have idiots in our support, or if they do they are deluded. That video is poor. The lad should never have been made to do that. As far as songs go I really don't care about them. Let them sing about being up to their knees in fenian  blood or whatever I really don't care. What I hate is the tit for tat shit you get. A Celtic fan posts a video of them. They post a video of us. Then you I've idiots who support neither team scouring the Internet for videos of Celtic fans 'misbehaving'. What's the point

clarshack

I can't remember Fat Sally getting the same villification back in 2011 when he near started a riot after the cup game. the rangers players discipline was shocking during that match too with a couple of reds iirc.
that was the season before they were liquidated. maybe history is going to repeat itself.

ned

Liverpool and Man Utd fans appear to be quickest to rear their heads in this thread when 'controversy' arises. No sense of irony either.