Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 29, 2024, 09:10:09 PM
Quote from: Gaelforce123 on April 29, 2024, 04:34:29 PMI for one enjoyed the game, having went to Clones expecting Down to be on the wrong end of a heavy beating, I was hoping to see what the Management where tactically capable off in order to make a much less physical and skilfully developed team cope with a top 10 team and thats exactly what I got. It was tactically spot on! Frustrated a team in every area they thrive on and hot them for scores outselves, only issue is our pack of ability to shoot from distance. In fact, the final score from Armagh there was a foul on Doherty that the ref didnt call. Was it great free flowing football? no because we would now be reading comments about how poor we are and unable to put it up to better teams if we had of tried. Tyrone and Donegal have won Ulsters playing frustrating football, you do what you have to. There are no rules that will change football back to the 90's. Coaches and backroom teams are too smart and  professional now to use rules to advantage. Just leave game alone. Same people complaining probably spend a few hundred pound to fly to england and watch 90 mins of 0-0 scoreline and lads falling like they broke their leg and walk with the ball. Least we get it for £20

Did u not watch Doherty on Saturday diving around the place?? It was embarrassing - I think he got 1 free out of 4 diving attempts. But in the Down club championship he gets all of them frees as our referees fall for them every time.
U20s win the Leo Murphy cup tonight - Laverty should introduce a few of them to the panel going into the B cup. Time a few were cut adrift as they are not getting near the match day squads. 

Who would you take up?

sdg

Quote from: Truth hurts on Today at 11:24:05 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 29, 2024, 09:10:09 PM
Quote from: Gaelforce123 on April 29, 2024, 04:34:29 PMI for one enjoyed the game, having went to Clones expecting Down to be on the wrong end of a heavy beating, I was hoping to see what the Management where tactically capable off in order to make a much less physical and skilfully developed team cope with a top 10 team and thats exactly what I got. It was tactically spot on! Frustrated a team in every area they thrive on and hot them for scores outselves, only issue is our pack of ability to shoot from distance. In fact, the final score from Armagh there was a foul on Doherty that the ref didnt call. Was it great free flowing football? no because we would now be reading comments about how poor we are and unable to put it up to better teams if we had of tried. Tyrone and Donegal have won Ulsters playing frustrating football, you do what you have to. There are no rules that will change football back to the 90's. Coaches and backroom teams are too smart and  professional now to use rules to advantage. Just leave game alone. Same people complaining probably spend a few hundred pound to fly to england and watch 90 mins of 0-0 scoreline and lads falling like they broke their leg and walk with the ball. Least we get it for £20

Did u not watch Doherty on Saturday diving around the place?? It was embarrassing - I think he got 1 free out of 4 diving attempts. But in the Down club championship he gets all of them frees as our referees fall for them every time.
U20s win the Leo Murphy cup tonight - Laverty should introduce a few of them to the panel going into the B cup. Time a few were cut adrift as they are not getting near the match day squads. 

Who would you take up?

Doran is the only one who would make senior,  the rest forget