3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on February 16, 2009, 10:01:55 PM
Ziggy i would check the 3G coverage in your area before taking the plunge.

Not too worried about the 3G aspect of it. Sure who would I be making video calls to.

I'll be logging onto the Internet via the wireless modem. That way, I'll be on the board even more than I am now!!!!
Testing Accessibility

Minder

As long as you are on your own wireless connection you will be grand. Its just if you are out and about and are accessing the web it could be slower if you dont have 3G coverage.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Wouldn't be using it on the move anyway.

Thanks for the advice though.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Ok would have been enough.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

The N73 is dead, long live the iPhone ;)
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on April 24, 2009, 08:27:10 PM

How are you finding it Ziggy, getting one in June when i upgrade.

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on April 24, 2009, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 24, 2009, 08:27:10 PM

How are you finding it Ziggy, getting one in June when i upgrade.

Phone doesn't become activate until tomorrow, but I've in connected to the wireless at home. Freakin' cool  ;D
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Am actually finding it a bit of a pain. Texting is weird, lots of scope for mis-spelling. Can't fwd texts, can't send pics. Crashed a couple of times on me too. Handy for email though, that's the big plus side. Oh and could watch iplayer up in my bedroom when wireless decided it wanted to reach up to the top floor of the house.

Minder

Quote from: Rois on April 24, 2009, 09:20:09 PM
Am actually finding it a bit of a pain. Texting is weird, lots of scope for mis-spelling. Can't fwd texts, can't send pics. Crashed a couple of times on me too. Handy for email though, that's the big plus side. Oh and could watch iplayer up in my bedroom when wireless decided it wanted to reach up to the top floor of the house.

As far as i know there is a free App. for both of these problems

Archie Mitchell

The iPhone is the dogs balls. Hardly have it out of my hand since got it in January. So many things to do on it other than the basic phone features. Endless amount of apps to download. Strong rumours of a new one after 3.0 software upgrade in summer. Main things of update is sending and receiving multimedia msgs and copy and paste feature. New model would need a better camera and ability to view websites which use Flash. Other than that, no other phone comes close to the iPhone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Rois on April 24, 2009, 09:20:09 PM

The iPhone is getting a downloadable upgrade this Summer which will alllow you to forward texts and use MMS.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7949557.stm

It's a great piece of kit in fairness. Only real negative I can think is that the camera on it is very basic.

Rois

Oh happy days then! Just need a wk long battery now.
I was told to type with two thumbs on this and I have to say I'm getting better at it.