Hatton v Mayweather December 8th

Started by The Claw, November 30, 2007, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

i'd say it wont be shown on Sky for a few days after it- but it will most likely be up in different parts on youtube the next day - that was the case for Mayweather v De La Hoya and Hatton v Castillo anyway

Louth Exile

TV coverage starts at 11 I'm told, but does anyone know what time the actual fight itself is due to start??

Also, is John Duddy fighing this weekend as well??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

nrico2006

The main event is at 4am.  Duddy is fighting in the Kings Hall, think it could be on ITV or ITV2.  That will be a normal time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteDuddy is fighting in the Kings Hall, think it could be on ITV or ITV2.

Think the Duddy fight's on BBC
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

SeanSouth

I watched a 24/7 show earlier on SkySports, Mayweather must be one of the most arrogant, mouthy f**kers i have ever seen. As with many black athletes with plenty of green he has a large entourage, no doubt only too willing to spend his millions. I hope Hatton knocks his head off this weekend.

CiKe

Duddy fight will probably be shown in the North alright, not sure about elsewhere - Amir Khan fights Graham Earl so that is likely to he on UTV. Hope Earl knocks him down a peg or two.

Galwaybhoy and Rav, I don't know this but am just asking. If DLH vs Mayweather was the biggest PPV fight ever and you could watch it at 8am over there on Sky1 or 2 the next morning, why wouldn't you be able to this time? Actually now that I think about it the answer is probably obvious - Hatton is a Brit and lots of Brits will fork out for it whereas only boxing aficionados would have bought Mayweather v DLH

The Claw

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 05, 2007, 10:48:20 AM
Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2007, 02:55:44 PM
Anyone else been watching the hbo show hatton, mayweather 24/7? Really interesting

Ye its a good show any one see Mayweathers 3 year old son ducking and diving bobbing and weaving ,he looks like a natural allready i wonder what odds Loan shark would give on him been a future world champion some day?. Can't wait for the fight hope hatton does the business
Saw that, twas gas, he has all the moves, some man to beat the crap out of the dishwasher.
"Yeah sure Hatton is 43-0 but he aint never fought no Floyd Mayweather, and if he did, he'd be 0 and 43".

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 05, 2007, 10:45:55 AM
Whats the craic with watching the repeats on sky the next day?  Are the repeats on Sky Box Office or will they be on Sky Sports 1 or 2?  In otherwords if you havent subscribed to the live event can you watch the repeat the next day?

You'll have to wait a few days. In fact you'd probably have to wait the best part of a week before they repeat it free to air.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: CiKe on December 05, 2007, 10:50:39 PM
Duddy fight will probably be shown in the North alright, not sure about elsewhere - Amir Khan fights Graham Earl so that is likely to he on UTV. Hope Earl knocks him down a peg or two.

Galwaybhoy and Rav, I don't know this but am just asking. If DLH vs Mayweather was the biggest PPV fight ever and you could watch it at 8am over there on Sky1 or 2 the next morning, why wouldn't you be able to this time? Actually now that I think about it the answer is probably obvious - Hatton is a Brit and lots of Brits will fork out for it whereas only boxing aficionados would have bought Mayweather v DLH

I watched the DLH/Mayweather fight on Box Office, and while I cant remember for sure I thought it was only replayed on Sky Box Office all Sunday and not on Sky Sports.  I'd say it will be the same this time around.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: The Claw on December 05, 2007, 11:01:30 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 05, 2007, 10:48:20 AM
Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2007, 02:55:44 PM
Anyone else been watching the hbo show hatton, mayweather 24/7? Really interesting

Ye its a good show any one see Mayweathers 3 year old son ducking and diving bobbing and weaving ,he looks like a natural allready i wonder what odds Loan shark would give on him been a future world champion some day?. Can't wait for the fight hope hatton does the business
Saw that, twas gas, he has all the moves, some man to beat the crap out of the dishwasher.
"Yeah sure Hatton is 43-0 but he aint never fought no Floyd Mayweather, and if he did, he'd be 0 and 43".

Couldn't stop laughing at Mayweather when he said that.  To be honest I find Mayeweather funny, hes arrogance doesn't bother me, saying that I always liked Ricky Hatton and really hopes he gets the job done Sunday morning.

gerry

Quote[must be one of the most arrogant, mouthy f**kers i have ever seen/quote]

Sure that  not Jason Sherlock
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

nrico2006

QuoteI watched the DLH/Mayweather fight on Box Office, and while I cant remember for sure I thought it was only replayed on Sky Box Office all Sunday and not on Sky Sports.  I'd say it will be the same this time around.

I saw the DLH and Mayweather fight on Sky Sports that Sunday morning for free but, as someone else mentioned, it may not be the case this time as it involves a british fighter.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

full back

AFAIK if you pay for the fight it is repeated at 9am & 11am on Sunday morning
It wont be on Sky Sports on Sunday morning

saffron

Good article by George Kimball in the Irish times were he says Hattons best chance is to damage Mayweather's hands with his face - a little harsh but also probably true.

He also points to the long line of British Champs that have gone over and failed (the exception being the Canadian lewis) everyone from Minter to Naseem.

Hope Hatton wins though..