2016 Summer Olympics Rio

Started by DrinkingHarp, May 24, 2016, 06:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on August 10, 2016, 08:08:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2016, 07:57:11 PM
Annalise Murphy going well in race 6.

Quirky little viewer here: http://static.sportresult.com/federations/isaf/UnityData/Sailviewer3D/WebPlayer_solg.html?event=135&pm=3d&v=104
she was very unlucky in 2012

A 5th and a 2nd in the two races today.

Not certain but I think that puts her in the lead?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

1st place after 6 races.

2nd and 3rd are only a point and 2 points behind respectively, but a bit of a gap to 4th (6 points and the Chinese girl had a 38th [DSQ] in race 2).  They each get to discard their worst score and Annalise's worst is 13th which puts her in a strong position. Pray for lots of wind at the weekend.

Serious medal chance here but lots of us will remember the agony in London 2012.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

Phelps reminds me so so much of lance Armstrong.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Gymnastics was always seen as girlie at school but they are phenomenal athletes.

tonto1888

Quote from: trileacman on August 10, 2016, 10:02:15 PM

Do you think he's on something?

bennydorano

trileacman

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 10, 2016, 10:35:31 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 10, 2016, 10:02:15 PM

Do you think he's on something?

Sure how dya tell anymore? Just reading this 5 Olympics/ 2160 year record breaking bullshit reminds me all the hero worship stuff that used to surround lance Armstrong, the cancer surviving hero.

I just can't trust any of these f**kers like. The moment ya might like or believe in one of them there's someone on here to tell ya they work with some dodge doctor or got a ban for melodobium when they were 17 or their Vo2amx is off the charts. There's really only two options. Believe the hype that Nike want to sell ya and marvel at the greatness of today's athletes or know that any of these guys could be dirty and the real good ones will never be caught out. Sure if it wasn't for landis having a f**king breakdown we'd probably still think Armstrong is a top lad.

Im just a born sceptic like most Irish I suppose.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 10, 2016, 10:03:21 PM
Gymnastics was always seen as girlie at school but they are phenomenal athletes.

Unreal athletes! Love watching the men's gymnastics. Complete tanks

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 10, 2016, 10:03:21 PM

You think? Anyone who thought or thinks that is an absolute moron. You only have to glance at the build of them to see how strong they are.

What happened in the final rotation of the men's all around? I feel asleep! Uchimora was .9 down going into the high bar and ended up winning by a full point.

gallsman

Scratch that. Won by .1, not a full point.

gallsman

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on August 10, 2016, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 10, 2016, 10:36:22 PM
Both convicted dopers

What was Phelps convicted of?

Convicted is a strong word but I remember some contrite apologies about hash or something.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2016, 11:24:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 10, 2016, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 10, 2016, 10:36:22 PM
Both convicted dopers

What was Phelps convicted of?

Convicted is a strong word but I remember some contrite apologies about hash or something.

And suspended for a DUI (alcohol).
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Hardly performance enhancing stuff for a swimmer - drinking and smoking!!

Shame RTE basketball coverage doesn t have Liam McHale on board!! This basketball commentary is disturbingly similar to Willie Hegarty on Shannonside radio!