2016 Summer Olympics Rio

Started by DrinkingHarp, May 24, 2016, 06:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: bennydorano on August 08, 2016, 10:31:49 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 08, 2016, 09:51:40 PM
Benny, have a look at the posts you made about Armstrong on this page: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11652.60
It was pretty much the same routine back in 2009 with Muppet dissing your suggestion that 500 clean tests meant that he was clean.  We know how that one ended.

I'm with Muppet here.  Just about every time we have given an athlete the benefit of the doubt for big improvements we tend to find a few years later there there were "extenuating" circumstances.
Yip, not something I've hid from, it's on this or the cycling thread last week. I believed, moved on and won't be fooled again. I've  also made it clear above I know there's plenty of doping going on but I think Sky are clean.

No flies on you then.

yellowcard

The Olympics are one big circus, full of corruption, bribery, hypocrisy and cheating. You just don't know whether you are watching something that is real or whether the winner can be trusted. And that is all BEFORE the track and field begins.   

bennydorano

Cant say I've ever been excited about the Olympics. It's light entertainment. Basketball & Cycling would be the 2 things I'd put a bit of effort into watching.

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on August 09, 2016, 09:46:09 AM
Cant say I've ever been excited about the Olympics. It's light entertainment. Basketball & Cycling would be the 2 things I'd put a bit of effort into watching.

Why bother ffs, the cyclists are all doped up to the eyeballs...

seafoid

I read an article about the sewage pumped into the bay where the sailing is on. I am afraid that is my image of Rio.

Milltown Row2

Jesus then why get excited about any sport, because potentially there is not a non doped sport.... Even the GAA will have players taking drugs, even at club level.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2016, 10:40:23 AM
Jesus then why get excited about any sport, because potentially there is not a non doped sport.... Even the GAA will have players taking drugs, even at club level.....

Whoosh. (The sound of the joke going over your head)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on August 09, 2016, 10:41:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2016, 10:40:23 AM

Whoosh. (The sound of the joke going over your head)

was meant for this poster
Quote from: yellowcard on August 09, 2016, 09:20:28 AM
The Olympics are one big circus, full of corruption, bribery, hypocrisy and cheating. You just don't know whether you are watching something that is real or whether the winner can be trusted. And that is all BEFORE the track and field begins.   
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

What the hell is wrong with the water in the diving pool?

gallsman

Women's all around gymnastics final on now. Chance to see the remarkable Simone Biles.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on August 09, 2016, 08:46:12 PM
Women's all around gymnastics final on now. Chance to see the remarkable Simone Biles.

Amazing stuff...

AZOffaly

They are all fantastic. Gymnastics is obviously a very technical sport but the men and women who do it well are as string as horses. Their core strength mist be unreal.

macdanger2

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 09, 2016, 09:34:58 PM

They are all fantastic. Gymnastics is obviously a very technical sport but the men and women who do it well are as string as horses. Their core strength mist be unreal.

The two British sisters look like they're on something, neck/shoulder muscles not a million miles off Justin Gatlin

Hereiam

Some of them women would be handy in the bog for baggin turf

Milltown Row2

Phelps going for serious record