So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Whilst the so-called mules should not fully escape justice despite their naivety, those who groom gullible young women to carry out such acts should hang for their crimes!

Castor

This is a terrible tradegy.  The poor girls were kidnapped and held at gun point. Common enough occurrence by all accounts. Young girl travelling on a Irish passport too and the Irish consulate don't seem to want to have anything to do with it. British embassy providing both girls with food and water to survive.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Castor on August 11, 2013, 09:32:44 PM
This is a terrible tradegy.  The poor girls were kidnapped and held at gun point. Common enough occurrence by all accounts. Young girl travelling on a Irish passport too and the Irish consulate don't seem to want to have anything to do with it. British embassy providing both girls with food and water to survive.

Spin has started.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

All of a Sludden

Quote from: HiMucker on August 11, 2013, 04:43:21 PM
Quote from: glens abu on August 11, 2013, 03:23:35 PM
For me if guilty she deserves all she gets,too many young lives ruined by people like this.
catch yourself on.  You obviously know nothing about this.  Organised criminals look for the most vulnerable and desperate people to act as drug mules.  You can be sure she was getting a life changing sum of money for it.  Generally they tell them they will have to take a small amount then start packing loads of it into the suit case.  Also known trick is to set up ones with a few kilos for authorities, in order to get other mules.

She doesn't look that vulnerable and desperate to me. https://www.facebook.com/michaella.mccollum?fref=ts

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

charlieTully

Quote from: Castor on August 11, 2013, 09:32:44 PM

top nightclub dancer in Ibiza is kidnapped and forced to go to Peru to smuggle snort,.... more likely she ran up a debt from hovering the shite and felt she had no choice. Just a theory, its a fucked up island Ibiza, would be easy to get caught up in the mess.

qubdub

It's her family I feel sorry for. If you're dopey enough to go to South America of all places to try and smuggle cocaine through a feckin' airport... well you deserve a stretch based on stupidity alone.

HiMucker

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 11, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 11, 2013, 04:43:21 PM
Quote from: glens abu on August 11, 2013, 03:23:35 PM
For me if guilty she deserves all she gets,too many young lives ruined by people like this.
catch yourself on.  You obviously know nothing about this.  Organised criminals look for the most vulnerable and desperate people to act as drug mules.  You can be sure she was getting a life changing sum of money for it.  Generally they tell them they will have to take a small amount then start packing loads of it into the suit case.  Also known trick is to set up ones with a few kilos for authorities, in order to get other mules.

She doesn't look that vulnerable and desperate to me. https://www.facebook.com/michaella.mccollum?fref=ts
why is it every conversation about a woman will inevitably bring up the question of "would ye?" :D  ....... Oh and I would

God14

She deserves punishment for what she attempted to do, however the Peruvian prisons are not what you would call a humane punishment.

3 meals per day of Rice & Gumel? Whatever Gumel is, I presume some slop?

Overcrowded, dirty accomodation rife in infestations & illness.
A lot of allegations of sexual blackmail as well by guards etc

I don't think any of us could call that a fair punishment. I feel for the girls & their families. What must they be going through.

I tell you what, I bet she wishes she was traveling on a British Passport. By the sounds of it the Irish foreign affairs dept resemble something out of Duffys circus.

armaghniac

I think that Irish people would prefer that drug dealers would use some other passport.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

According to the BBC reporter in Lima, who was interviewed on BBC Radio Uladh this morning, by virtue of the fact that she was born in N.Ireland she is a British citizen (regardless of passport held) and will be entitled to the full service and support from the British embassy there.

ziggysego

According to the Irish Sun (via U.TV) she's on a hunger strike now.  :o
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Shamrock Shore

She's innocent it seems cos she was the family's "baby" according to her sister  :-\

Interesting line of defence!

At the moment we don't know the circumstances but I don't think it matters a whit. If she was forced to be a drugs mule then she is fcuked irregardless. There are a fair few foreigners banged up in Mountjoy who were caught in Dublin Airport and we don't see anyone crying for them.

That said I am sure conditions in The Joy, bad and all as they are, are sheer luxury compared to a place like Peru.

EC Unique

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 12, 2013, 01:06:54 PM
She's innocent it seems cos she was the family's "baby" according to her sister  :-\

At the moment we don't know the circumstances but I don't think it matters a whit. If she was forced to be a drugs mule then she is fcuked irregardless. There are a fair few foreigners banged up in Mountjoy who were caught in Dublin Airport and we don't see anyone crying for them.

That said I am sure conditions in The Joy, bad and all as they are, are sheer luxury compared to a place like Peru.

That is the important bit in bold. A lot of opinions on here when not one clue is known about what has really happened. Feel sorry for her regardless.

glens abu

Quote from: EC Unique on August 12, 2013, 02:56:55 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 12, 2013, 01:06:54 PM

That is the important bit in bold. A lot of opinions on here when not one clue is known about what has really happened. Feel sorry for her regardless.

Well she is innocent until proven guilty,but not looking good when two young party girls are in Peru and stopped with £1.5million of cocaine at airport.If found guilty she deserves all she gets.