Willie O'Dea

Started by Celt_Man, February 16, 2010, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eoghan Mag

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 17, 2010, 10:52:21 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on February 17, 2010, 04:39:26 PM
Biffo qualified as a solicitor in his da's practice and has been in politics since he was 23
His family had the pub, undertakers and butchers, but never a legal practice.

So you are saying that its in Biffo's nature to drive us to drink, chop us into little pieces and bury us?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 17, 2010, 10:52:21 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on February 17, 2010, 04:39:26 PM
Biffo qualified as a solicitor in his da's practice and has been in politics since he was 23
His family had the pub, undertakers and butchers, but never a legal practice.
uncle's practice then? 
Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 10:05:31 PM
So WIllie survived, for now.

The greens don't seem one bit happy but they didthe dirty work anyway.

Could this be the implosion of the Greens and the collapse of the Government?

Who'd have thought that O'Dea doing his thing would be a bigger threat to the stabality of the Government than Bertie or NAMA or Mary Harney ???
Aye but zap, Bertie never perjured himself did he :P

Pangurban

A thoroughly obnoxious little Man, whose continuous presence in the Government will hasten their downfall. Early senility would appear to be the only qualification to serve in a FF cabinet, as none of them can remember anything, It wasnt me guv.,i did not do/say anything, i was not even there, and if turns out that i was sure my actions were misconstrued.. This shower  could teach the Bishops a thing or two about obfuscation

Zapatista

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 17, 2010, 11:57:31 PM
Aye but zap, Bertie never perjured himself did he :P

Must have been MsLarkin so? ;)

Quinlivan seeks O'Dea's resignation

The Sinn Féin Councillor at the centre of the controversy over a false sworn statement by the Minister for Defence has called on Willie O'Dea to resign.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0218/odeaw.html

Dan Boyle is looking for a resignation from the Cabinet. If he should resign from the cabinet then he should resign from the Dail. O'Donaghue should have done the same. If you are unfit to take up positions within the Dail then you are unfit to be in the Dail.

Denn Forever

Saw the article about Dan Boyle looking for his resignation on his Twitter site but at the end of the article there was this statement

Speaking on RTÉ Radio's Morning Ireland earlier, Green Party Spokesman on Education Paul Gogarty said it was wrong for Minister O'Dea to make such a statement, but it was not a resigning issue.

Greens winning no friends here.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Zapatista

The have some amount of meetings to discuss something they've already done :D

I see RTE are still calling it a motion of Confidence, they were at it in the news yesterday too. It was a motion of NO confidence.

Tubberman

Quote from: Zapatista on February 18, 2010, 01:11:00 PM
The have some amount of meetings to discuss something they've already done :D

I see RTE are still calling it a motion of Confidence, they were at it in the news yesterday too. It was a motion of NO confidence.

I think FF tabled a counter motion of confidence in O'Dea and that was the vote that took place yesterday.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Jesus the neck on this fella!!
He's on News at One on RTE and has said he's a victim in all this....  >:( ::)
He said it was late at night and he was tired - that's his defence
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Zapatista

Quote from: Tubberman on February 18, 2010, 01:24:52 PM
I think FF tabled a counter motion of confidence in O'Dea and that was the vote that took place yesterday.

I see. Good move that. What a fecking waste of Dail time and motions >:(

Bogball XV

Quote from: Zapatista on February 18, 2010, 01:35:47 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 18, 2010, 01:24:52 PM

I see. Good move that. What a fecking waste of Dail time and motions >:(
i don't know, maybe better to tie their time up this way, that way they can't do even more damage to the country.

Declan

http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/ireland/limerick-leader-release-odea-recording-446742.html

Listen to Mr O'Dea here - Of course he never said it or could possible remember saying it and of course ther journalist brought it up first.

Zapatista

Quote from: Declan on February 18, 2010, 02:37:53 PM
http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/ireland/limerick-leader-release-odea-recording-446742.html

Listen to Mr O'Dea here - Of course he never said it or could possible remember saying it and of course ther journalist brought it up first.

:o :o :o :o

Fuk me!! He has to go!!!

Asked this afternoon about his statement that he received information from An Garda Síochána, Mr O'Dea said 'It was just general chit chat,' 'I passed it on - I shouldn't have passed it on.'

'I say things that I don't really mean sometimes in the heat of battle.'

Is he now saying the Gardai give him that info?? Whole new can of worms.

Declan

QuoteIs he now saying the Gardai give him that info?

That's exactly what he's saying

Zapatista

This is priceless :D

Willie O'Dea who took the highest personal vote in the country in 2007 is a gonner. There is no turning back. He commited perjury and he has now implicated the Gardai in his lie. Who was the Guard Willie. Who was the guard that give you confidential false info which you repeated on tape to a Journo and then lied about in an affidavit?

Green party?? Do you really have confidence in the Minister of defence who lied about all this in order to attack a political opponent.

Goodbye Willie. You should be locked up for this.

Hardy

He also refused to say he'd give he name of the garda involved in the event of an inquiry. If this blackguard remains a government minister, there's no hope left for this country.