Tour de France 2009

Started by ONeill, July 02, 2009, 01:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

Looking forward to a great tour. I think tg4 will have it live everyday, when wimbledon (tennis) is finished

Tyrones own

Quote from: gallsman on July 02, 2009, 02:29:47 PM
If Armstrong wins it will just confirm what we already know- every single one of them is on drugs.

::)

Really looking forward to this.....usually don't miss a single stage over the three weeks :)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

gallsman

Quote from: heganboy on July 02, 2009, 03:08:52 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 02, 2009, 02:29:47 PM
If Armstrong wins it will just confirm what we already know- every single one of them is on drugs.

really- how will it prove that?

Because the lot of them are doped up already, and Armstrong just hasn't been caught yet. Contador has a cloud hanging over him. The Tour used to be one of my favourite sporting events and Miguel Indurain was one of my earliest sporting idols, but the sport is damaged beyond repair and the Tour should be disbanded.

theoriginalmup

Great start from the Astana team

Tankie

i think this is a great race and the idea is great but I really dont see the point in watching it anymore....how many lads gonna fail drug tests this year?
Grand Slam Saturday!

stew

I hope Armstrong wins the thing, the French are feckers, they hated his success and they have hounded him from day one. if they come out with a claim that he is doping this year i wouldnt believe it, the bastards are hell bent on catching him above all else and they should take a gander at their own before going after the legend that is Armstrong.

If he tested positive anywhere else but France i would believe it but not there.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Decent start from Roche. Finished 8th today and only 43rd overall, 1'27'' behind after yesterday's TT.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Oh yes, and yer other Irishman pulled out before it started with a knee problem.

maddog

Cavendish is some sprinter. Barring disaster he should pick up another 2-3 stages. The spill on the final bend helped him immensely though. Shows the importance of the lead out men and being in the first 7-8 going into the last 500 metres.

ONeill

Armstrong makes his move during the team TT:

Overall:

1.     CANCELLARA Fabian     TEAM SAXO BANK     10h 38' 07"     
2.    ARMSTRONG Lance     ASTANA    10h 38' 07"    + 00' 00"
3.    CONTADOR Alberto     ASTANA    10h 38' 26"    + 00' 19"

48.     ROCHE Nicolas       AG2R-LA MONDIALE     10h 41' 23"     + 03' 16"

orangeman

Armstrong will be hard to peg back now.

Minder

Does Armstrongs chemist get a yellow jersey too if he wins the tour again?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: Minder on July 07, 2009, 11:11:00 PM

Aye right, he is juiced up even though he knows they are going to do whatever it takes to discredit him. ::)

he has never tested positive so he is clean up till now, innocent until proven guilty and all that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

Armstrong must be a cute hoor and his chemist must be even cuter given that they're out to get him.

ONeill

Why do you say that?