Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

The tractor boys have just got a whole band of new 'fans'

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Onlooker on April 22, 2009, 09:26:00 PM
RTE reporters will have to get used to saying Roykeanesipswichtown from now on if this is true!!!. ;D ;D ;D
I was thinking that.
It was ridiculous carry on by the media. Why not Martinoneillsastonvilla?

Tony Baloney

I assume he won't have a big pot of money to squander before walking out on them?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 22, 2009, 10:34:46 PM
I assume he won't have a big pot of money to squander before walking out on them?
Or will he hoover up every second rate Irish player thats doing the rounds and give them a contract.

muppet

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 22, 2009, 10:27:53 PM
Quote from: Onlooker on April 22, 2009, 09:26:00 PM
RTE reporters will have to get used to saying Roykeanesipswichtown from now on if this is true!!!. ;D ;D ;D
I was thinking that.
It was ridiculous carry on by the media. Why not Martinoneillsastonvilla?

Or Arsene Wengers Arsenals Andre Arshavin
MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Poor old Jim magilton looks like he's been set up badly. They'll not like this over on OWC. Thought it was strange when I seen on ceefax that they'd sacked him for not making the play offs. They haven't made the play offs for a while have they? Must be about 12 years since they were in the EPL. Was their last season the time United beat them 9-0?

Up to Keane to make a go of this now. He's shown he has the ability, if not quite the temperment.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

slow corner back

Unless the new chairman/chief exec brings a load of money with him I reckon it will be tight enough money wise at Ipswich. They have not beeen in the PL for a long time so any parachute payments are gone. When you lok at Southampton and Charlton maybe Ipswich have not got a lot to complain about. A bit harsh on Magilton. A real test of Keanes ability this, if he can bring Ipswich up with no real maoney then he is a proper manager.

Galwaybhoy

Will be very interesting to see how this goes.  In fairness to him I thought he done pretty well at Sunderland, though he did waste a lot of money on poor players but you learn from your mistakes.  I wish him the best.  Time will tell all...

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 22, 2009, 10:45:48 PM
Poor old Jim magilton looks like he's been set up badly. They'll not like this over on OWC. Thought it was strange when I seen on ceefax that they'd sacked him for not making the play offs. They haven't made the play offs for a while have they? Must be about 12 years since they were in the EPL. Was their last season the time United beat them 9-0?

Up to Keane to make a go of this now. He's shown he has the ability, if not quite the temperment.

I heard he was sacked over the phone after being granted leave from the club to look after his sick mother.  Very poor form if true...

The Subbie

I'd say there's a whole squad of players in Ipswich can't wait till he arrives :D :D

Wonder how much David Connolly will cost them? :-\

Is'nt Alan Lee already there

The Subbie

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 22, 2009, 11:02:41 PM

I heard he was sacked over the phone after being granted leave from the club to look after his sick mother.  Very poor form if true...

Jesus that is low, no man deserves that, magilton should take what ever money he gets and tell them to get fcuked

Shamrock Shore

I expect Ryanair now to start flying into Ipswitch airport from Cork and Dublin to transport langers off to see 'Roykeanesipswich' in action.

He will, no doubt, bring Stan on board cos he will have learned from Sir Bobby, one of Ipswich's more successful managers in the past.

You read it here first!

(edit cos O'Neill is correct)

ONeill

Ipswich's first manager was a Kildare man, Mick O'Brien, who played for both the IFA and the FAI.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 22, 2009, 11:44:03 PM
I expect Ryanair now to start flying into Ipswitch airport from Cork and Dublin to transport langers off to see 'Roykeanesipswich' in action.

He will, no doubt, bring Stan on board cos he will have learned from Sir Bobby, Ipswich's most successful manager.

You read it here first!

Alf Ramsey would've probably disputed that...
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Not as long as that, Burley took them up since and they had a brilliant first season and qualified for Europe. Then got relegated the next year.