Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Seaney

I will as I said he has a PhD in Chemical Engineering, and over 20 years in the industry, you know everyone has mates. I would still trust him over a lad who spent a full day digging out 2 articles.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 05:51:17 PM
I will as I said he has a PhD in Chemical Engineering, and over 20 years in the industry, you know everyone has mates. I would still trust him over a lad who spent a full day digging out 2 articles.
In the "Chemical Engineering" industry?! You do know what Chemical Engineering is? They don't develop vaccines.

sid waddell

Does this "chemical engineer" run a crystal meth lab, by any chance?

Seaney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2020, 06:44:39 PM
In the "Chemical Engineering" industry?! You do know what Chemical Engineering is? They don't develop vaccines.

Referees dont play football but they all know the rules.

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on November 11, 2020, 07:44:07 PM

Does this "chemical engineer" run a crystal meth lab, by any chance?

No.

Angelo

So the Pfizer CEO sold $5.5m worth of shares on the day the vaccine was announced.......
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 09:20:52 AM
So the Pfizer CEO sold $5.5m worth of shares on the day the vaccine was announced.......

Either he has zero confidence in the product or he just wants an easy life from here on.

Doesnt look great

Jeepers Creepers

Smart man/woman.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 09:54:42 AM

Either he has zero confidence in the product or he just wants an easy life from here on.

Doesnt look great

Is there a link to that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Doesnt look great

That is the stock market. Buy low, sell high.

Now if Pfizer have announced a miracle cure that's passed all these trials etc, then the product fails to get a license on the basis of fake news. This gentleman will be going to jail.

Just looks like a very smart man, cashing out. Presumably, without knowing, Pfizer stocks at the moment must be at their highest peak ever right now.

dublin7

What you left out there was this was done as he had arranged a deal with his broker months ago that he was to sell a percentage of his shares if the share price reached a certain price.

This is what happened this week. While the optics of it certainly aren't good his remaining shares are worth 9 times his annual salary and it's not like he sold his entire holding.   

The US stock exchange would be all over this if they suspected insider trading and you can do jail time for that in the US.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2020, 10:43:23 AM

Doesnt look great

Is there a link to that?

A nothing story really, was agreed months ago:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/pfizer-ceo-sold-stock-day-covid-19-vaccine-results-unveiled-2020-11-1029790705

"Through our stock plan administrator, Dr. Bourla authorized the sale of these shares on August 19, 2020, provided the stock was at least at a certain price," a Pfizer spokesperson told Business Insider.

johnnycool

Jonathan Van Tam (now back in favour after ripping Cummins to shreds for the trip to Barnard Castle) reckons that if this vaccine meets the efficacy and safety standards MHRA set out he'd recommend his mum gets it as soon as it becomes available to her.

LCohen

Doesnt look great

Complete over reaction.

As it transpires it was booked in ages ago. Also Pfizer's vaccine isn't over the line yet and even if gets over the line as the first vaccine it might not be the best or go to vaccine for very long. There is a long way to go on this one