Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

JoG2

James OBrien on LBC atm talking about the vaccine and conspiracy theories.. Worth a listen

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 11:03:47 AM
And yet you still haven't made your point.

If you can't understand the point, that's not my issue.  You are first in the queue with the family so any point will be irrelevant to you.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 11:38:34 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 11:03:47 AM
And yet you still haven't made your point.

If you can't understand the point, that's not my issue.  You are first in the queue with the family so any point will be irrelevant to you.

Another post.  No points made.

Seaney

Franko

Seaney

You are embarrassing yourself at this stage kid, it's quite sad.  Please reply and another one!

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 12:12:58 PM
You are embarrassing yourself at this stage kid, it's quite sad.  Please reply and another one!

You are on a roll here.

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 08:53:32 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 08:49:43 AM
Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 08:15:01 AM
So why are you comparing the results of clinical trials for a new vaccine with something that has been around for 50 years?

I'm comparing the effectiveness of todays MMR vaccine with the clinical trials of the Covid vaccine.

Surely you are not suggesting the with unlimited cash, 50 years of scientific improvements, and the fact that they are different diseases/vaccines, the initial clinical trial results should be the same?

Where did I say that - please let me know - I never mentioned MMR it was you and someone else brought it up!

I brought up MMR because while I have don't have any experience or knowledge when it comes to creating vaccines I am aware how successful and important the MMR vaccine is and I wondered how your chemical engineer friend could have forgotten that when he claimed no vaccine is close to 90% successful

I also looked up the original trials for testing measles vaccinations and in the early 60s they introduced the first vaccine after a 95% success rate in trials. You might want to check that with your chemical engineer friend the next time your talking to him (or her)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4007870/

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on November 11, 2020, 12:21:32 PM
So why are you comparing the results of clinical trials for a new vaccine with something that has been around for 50 years?

I'm comparing the effectiveness of todays MMR vaccine with the clinical trials of the Covid vaccine.

Surely you are not suggesting the with unlimited cash, 50 years of scientific improvements, and the fact that they are different diseases/vaccines, the initial clinical trial results should be the same?

Where did I say that - please let me know - I never mentioned MMR it was you and someone else brought it up!

I brought up MMR because while I have don't have any experience or knowledge when it comes to creating vaccines I am aware how successful and important the MMR vaccine is and I wondered how your chemical engineer friend could have forgotten that when he claimed no vaccine is close to 90% successful

I also looked up the original trials for testing measles vaccinations and in the early 60s they introduced the first vaccine after a 95% success rate in trials. You might want to check that with your chemical engineer friend the next time your talking to him (or her)

He didn't say that nor did I post that but lets not allow facts to cloud your lies there.  As for your article why not cut and paste the evidence of the clinical trials before the vaccine went live for the 95% success for it.

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 12:19:53 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 12:12:58 PM

You are on a roll here.

Complete redner - you should be totally embarrassed, maybe go for a walk.

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 01:06:56 PM

He didn't say that nor did I post that but lets not allow facts to cloud your lies there.  As for your article why not cut and paste the evidence of the clinical trials before the vaccine went live for the 95% success for it.

Quote from: Seaney on November 10, 2020, 09:56:41 PM
Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close.

As I said previously I don't know alot about medicines/vaccines, but I can read at a decent level and I'm quite good with numbers. The problem with bullsh**ing is it gets very hard to remember what you said/posted previously.

LCohen

Seaney - help me out here.

Do you think that an unsafe vaccine will be rolled out?
If so what is your basis?
In what circumstances would you take a vaccine?
What is your appetite for risk in this regard?

Franko

So not only are you unwilling to make an actual point, you are now denying the half story that you DID tell.

Redner indeed.

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on November 11, 2020, 01:13:15 PM

Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close.

As I said previously I don't know alot about medicines/vaccines, but I can read at a decent level and I'm quite good with numbers. The problem with bullsh**ing is it gets very hard to remember what you said/posted previously.

It is like talking to a child trying to do their homework!

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 08:52:23 AM
Apologies I assumed most would know that the new vaccine was only in clinical trials as it's only the biggest story in the world. Ill add that bit as folk on here really just want to mock and think they are winning something rather than debate, but whatever floats your boat.

Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close. (In clinical trials)

Happy?

Seaney

The vaccine is not live yet - do you now get it? Penny dropping at all?