Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

macdanger2

Quote from: balladmaker on October 23, 2020, 09:17:22 PM
If a vaccine becomes available, given the current circumstances, I'll have no hesitation in getting it.  A roll of the dice, but even that is better than the current situation of cyclical lockdowns, and extremely limited social interaction.

Balladmaker, I work in this area. It's not a roll of the dice whatsoever, the risk is literally miniscule

Seaney

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 24, 2020, 02:30:17 AM
If a vaccine becomes available, given the current circumstances, I'll have no hesitation in getting it.  A roll of the dice, but even that is better than the current situation of cyclical lockdowns, and extremely limited social interaction.

Balladmaker, I work in this area. It's not a roll of the dice whatsoever, the risk is literally miniscule

That's me sold!

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on October 24, 2020, 09:18:58 AM

That's me sold!
You say we should ignore risk with Covid yet hide under our beds from a medically approved vaccine that goes through exhaustive scientific testing

As a demonstration of eejitry that would be very hard bet

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on October 24, 2020, 10:01:40 AM

That's me sold!
You say we should ignore risk with Covid yet hide under our beds from a medically approved vaccine that goes through exhaustive scientific testing

Have you ever posted a factually correct statement.

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on October 24, 2020, 12:58:16 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 24, 2020, 10:01:40 AM

That's me sold!

Have you ever posted a factually correct statement.
I posted an accurate representation of your position

You say "let people live"

Yet you will refuse to get the vaccine and refuse to let your family get it if and when one arrives

So you're happy to propose that society as a whole should accept what to any reasonable person would be an unacceptable degree of risk during Covid, yet you believe that a scientifically tested vaccine would present an unacceptable level of risk to you and your family, based on nothing

I have accurately represented your position and it is a position of eejitry

Seaney

In which case you will be able to trawl through my 100 posts, I did give you the opportunity when I only had 60,  and provide quotes to back up your conclusions, if not I suggest you wind your neck in. I'll await all the quotes.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Seaney on October 24, 2020, 06:47:52 PM
In which case you will be able to trawl through my 100 posts, I did give you the opportunity when I only had 60,  and provide quotes to back up your conclusions, if not I suggest you wind your neck in. I'll await all the quotes.

What did you make of Armagh today, Seaney?

Must be great to be back in Division One after so long.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Seaney

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 24, 2020, 07:12:39 PM

I thought they did ok against a decent Clare team, not sure Grimley should have started, their defence would need to improve or they will be back in division 2 next year. I was disappointed they didn't get their last year but seeing how Meath done, another year in Division 2 has done them no harm. Not sure what the issue is with Jemar not starting. The Roscommon game was a throwback 15 men defending, last years championship run was great and the game in Castlebar was good attacking football albeit with usual handling errors. Nice going in against Derry having been promoted but the soft frees for pushing is very frustrating. You enjoy it yourself?

Seaney

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Seaney on October 24, 2020, 09:25:12 PM

I thought they did ok against a decent Clare team, not sure Grimley should have started, their defence would need to improve or they will be back in division 2 next year. I was disappointed they didn't get their last year but seeing how Meath done, another year in Division 2 has done them no harm. Not sure what the issue is with Jemar not starting. The Roscommon game was a throwback 15 men defending, last years championship run was great and the game in Castlebar was good attacking football albeit with usual handling errors. Nice going in against Derry having been promoted but the soft frees for pushing is very frustrating. You enjoy it yourself?

You never enjoy watching Armagh. You endure it.

Good man, though. Chip in on the other side of the board. It's better craic, and a lot less hostile. Except on the Tyrone threads. Those cnuts are always hostile.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Seaney

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 24, 2020, 09:53:30 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 24, 2020, 09:25:12 PM

You never enjoy watching Armagh. You endure it.

Good man, though. Chip in on the other side of the board. It's better craic, and a lot less hostile. Except on the Tyrone threads. Those cnuts are always hostile.

Endurement indeed was waiting for a Westmeath repeat.

Milltown Row2

Desperate rare cases where the vaccine produced these horrible side effects, family are pro vaccine and pro science but this vaccine didn't use the same booster as Canada which had a safer standing... companies rightly sued ..

These pharmaceutical companies rushing through a global vaccine would be bankrupt if they get it wrong.

How many years was this particular vaccine developed?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea