Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Milltown Row2

Would Seaney take the vaccine if it was safe and was given the go ahead by the medical experts that approve these vaccines?

Or just not take it at all? And I don't think its mandatory if it comes about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 23, 2020, 01:00:57 PM
Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 12:35:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 23, 2020, 12:23:53 PM
Just wondering how many people get polio nowadays?
And wondering how many got before vaccinations started (c1960?).
The 1956 All Irelands were delayed because of a polio outbreak in Cork City that year.

PS God be with the days when we thought Syferus was the worst clown ever on GAAboard.
He was only a novice compared to the 2 we have now.

If anybody has an 'informed' opinion on how smallpox was eradicated that would be great as well...

Or Tetanus, Measles, Rubella, Pneumococcal, Pertussis,  Diphtheria... The list goes on.

How many people get flu?

Which is Covid more similar to? Flu or those listed above?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Do all the people here who voted yes get their annual flu jab?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 01:58:24 PM

You only get the flu jab if you fall into a certain category I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 01:57:31 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 23, 2020, 01:00:57 PM
Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 12:35:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 23, 2020, 12:23:53 PM
Just wondering how many people get polio nowadays?
And wondering how many got before vaccinations started (c1960?).
The 1956 All Irelands were delayed because of a polio outbreak in Cork City that year.

PS God be with the days when we thought Syferus was the worst clown ever on GAAboard.
He was only a novice compared to the 2 we have now.

If anybody has an 'informed' opinion on how smallpox was eradicated that would be great as well...

Or Tetanus, Measles, Rubella, Pneumococcal, Pertussis,  Diphtheria... The list goes on.

How many people get flu?

Which is Covid more similar to? Flu or those listed above?

Is the thread about taking a vaccine for covid or is flu like covid?

Start another thread on the differences (if any) between the seasonal flu and all year round covid

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 01:26:44 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 23, 2020, 10:20:37 AM
Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 10:15:01 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 23, 2020, 10:12:07 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on October 23, 2020, 10:06:37 AM
Most of the antivax brigade will be fine with homeopathic remedies

or just hope their immune systems can withstand the virus

And that they don't infect 10 others while waiting to find out.

If the Covid Vaccine uptake is high, this should not present major problems.
We don't all get the flu vaccine, we have a robust and normally widely available flu vaccine, it doesn't prevent spread but it ensures that we have a manageable problem.

Judging by the poll conducted here that's a big if.

And please stop with the flu comparisons.  Even those trying to prove that it's the same as Covid have ended up giving us proof that it isn't.

I'm not necessarily putting you (or anyone else on here - before this descend into anarchy again) in this bracket but there is a weird correlation between those who shout loudest about "living with the disease" and those who oppose any of the measures necessary for us to do so (without killing people).

I do appreciate that it is not flu, I have had it and thankfully at the minute I have recovered but there is growing evidence that you can get it twice. I will still choose not to get the vaccine, I do not fully trust it but I am not prepared to dictate to anyone who chooses to have it or not have it

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 01:59:29 PM

The vulnerable? The flu kills yet how many don't protect the vulnerable by not getting it, not isolating when they have it for 2 weeks.

Angelo

Anyone can get it but they some might get it for free whereas others pay. I'm open to correction on this.

Now, back to the questions. Those who voted yes and who seem to pushing their views that others should be getting a Covid vaccine when (more likely if) it comes on stream, do you get your annual flu jab?

Yes or no.

Seaney

Angelo

Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 02:05:34 PM
Don't hold your breath for an answer.

None of those zealots have had the courage to answer me a question about when Covid becomes an acceptable risk to society like we accept seasonal flu?

It seems it doesn't matter if you die from flu. Tough luck seems to be their outlook. They are too thick to see the woods from the trees.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:03:49 PM

Anyone can get it but they some might get it for free whereas others pay. I'm open to correction on this.

Now, back to the questions. Those who voted yes and who seem to pushing their views that others should be getting a Covid vaccine when (more likely if) it comes on stream, do you get your annual flu jab?

Yes or no.

I've asthma, I get the flu jab every year. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Yes or no.

Pay for it? strange. At the moment, the free NHS flu programme is for people aged 65 and over, pregnant women, people with certain conditions such as kidney disease, asthma or heart disease and carers or those in care homes. Frontline health and social care workers are also eligible to receive the vaccine

Maybe its changed. But if it hasn't then these are the only ones that will get the jab, if they want it of course

Franko

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 23, 2020, 02:16:41 PM

Yes or no.

I've asthma, I get the flu jab every year.

Same

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 02:19:40 PM

Yes or no.

Pay for it? strange. At the moment, the free NHS flu programme is for people aged 65 and over, pregnant women, people with certain conditions such as kidney disease, asthma or heart disease and carers or those in care homes. Frontline health and social care workers are also eligible to receive the vaccine

Maybe its changed. But if it hasn't then these are the only ones that will get the jab, if they want it of course

You can pay to get the flu jab if you do not avail a free one.

Do you get the flu jab or not?

Simple question.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 02:19:40 PM

Yes or no.

It can kill, if they don't take it are they to be taken to task.