The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Stoke were good value for that clean sheet today, they held Liverpool to just two shots on target their lowest all season? If one of the worst teams in Premier League can be organised in defence it makes you wonder how and why Roma were so bad in defence last Tuesday in a Champions league semi final.

laoislad

Poor game. Wouldn't have scored if they were there for another 90mins.
Was a clear penalty, far more clear say than Milners against Roma.
Christ they are making hard work of finishing in the Top 4. Hopefully Swansea can do us a favour v Chelsea.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Shay Given in the Sky studio thought the officials were correct by not giving a penalty. Stoke worked so hard for that point in fairness to them and they probably created more and better goal scoring chances than Liverpool even though they had so little of the ball.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 28, 2018, 02:59:57 PM
Shay Given in the Sky studio thought the officials were correct by not giving a penalty. Stoke worked so hard for that point in fairness to them and they probably created more and better goal scoring chances than Liverpool even though they had so little of the ball.

Case closed then.

Boycey

Does it really matter who thinks it was or wasn't a penalty? It wasn't given on another day it would have been.. Move on, Sky and their over analysis of things has turned us all into 'experts'

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 27, 2018, 04:41:49 PM
#FridayFact  :D

QuoteAt the young age of 19, Trent Alexander Arnold (11) has played more games in the Champions League than Everton FC (10).
Liverpool the biggest club on Merseyside. Who knew?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GJL

thebuzz

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 28, 2018, 02:46:35 PM
Stoke were good value for that clean sheet today, they held Liverpool to just two shots on target their lowest all season? If one of the worst teams in Premier League can be organised in defence it makes you wonder how and why Roma were so bad in defence last Tuesday in a Champions league semi final.

I didn't see the game today but I feel that Liverpool made Roma look bad because they were so up for it. As far as I can see they must think they're going to get Top 4 so they can't get fired up for these last league games.

waterfordlad

Liverpool have to go to Chelsea next Sunday so are making heavy weather of sealing top 4 by dropping points to West Brom and Stoke. It should be wrapped up by now. The all action way Liverpool play in Champions League seems to be hard to do twice a week.

AZOffaly

Quote from: waterfordlad on April 29, 2018, 07:38:24 AM
Liverpool have to go to Chelsea next Sunday so are making heavy weather of sealing top 4 by dropping points to West Brom and Stoke. It should be wrapped up by now. The all action way Liverpool play in Champions League seems to be hard to do twice a week.

I don't think it's to do with the style. It's the depth of squad, resting players with minor niggles and a natural tendency of players to try and mind themselves.

Syferus

The reported offer by Liverpool to up Salah's wages (from 90k to 185k) and extend his contract seems insultingly low given how good a player he's become. The superclubs would give him double that without batting an eyelid.

I'd be very surprised if he's going to let himself be locked down for years more for 185k a week. Liverpool tried to play hardball with Can and look like they lost - they can't afford to be cheap with their biggest asset since Suarez.

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/300082-roberto-firmino-contract-liverpool-lfc

QuoteRoberto Firmino has today agreed terms on a new long-term contract with Liverpool Football Club.

The forward has committed his future to the Reds by agreeing a fresh deal at Melwood on Sunday.

Firmino told Liverpoolfc.com: "It was an easy decision.

"The club have taken me in in an incredible way and I've grown a lot here with my work with the support of the whole team. I am very, very happy here.

"Everything fits in the best possible way. My teammates are fantastic and I am very grateful to be able to play with them at this club.

"I love to play for Liverpool FC. The fans are excellent and fantastic in how they support us all the way. They support us throughout the games and the work they do during the match is beautiful."

Firmino joined Liverpool from Hoffenheim in the summer of 2015 and has made 140 appearances, scoring 50 goals.

This season has been the most prolific of the Brazilian's career to date, with 27 strikes registered in 50 outings for the Reds.

and as he likes to do

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2018, 09:53:03 AM
Quote from: waterfordlad on April 29, 2018, 07:38:24 AM

I don't think it's to do with the style. It's the depth of squad, resting players with minor niggles and a natural tendency of players to try and mind themselves.
down to the bare bones now. Ox a big loss at the weekend. Hendo's attempts at creative passing were embarrassing at times.
Breaks not going for us either. Salah a whisker wide when chipping the keeper early on, Ings great finish and some linesmen might have called it level, and very unlucky not to get the peno decision late on. But should be beating Stoke handily even when not getting the breaks. After the first 20/25 minutes, we were pretty shite.

Opened the door and given a chink of light for Chelsea to pip us for Top 4.

Roma had a big win on Saturday, although Chievo probably shite. That Schtick (sp) lad they brought on at half time against us (and played very well) started and scored the first. I'd imagine he'll get the nod on Wednesday. Dzeko got a brace as well. Tie a long way from over.   

Milltown Row2

Need to separate your odd poor results to how Liverpool set up in Europe..they have been immense home and away! Stoke fighting for their lives!! Set up for a draw and got it..forget about decisions not going your way, some you get some you don't..

Will Liverpool put out full team v Chelsea? Or rest lads for the final? A draw would secure a fourth spot but a draw isn't in their make up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2018, 08:27:13 PM
Need to separate your odd poor results to how Liverpool set up in Europe..they have been immense home and away! Stoke fighting for their lives!! Set up for a draw and got it..forget about decisions not going your way, some you get some you don't..

Will Liverpool put out full team v Chelsea? Or rest lads for the final? A draw would secure a fourth spot but a draw isn't in their make up

That's where the 13/14 team went wrong against the same opposition.
O'Neills Therapist