The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2018, 09:23:42 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 12, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 12, 2018, 08:49:02 AM
What did Carragher Do?
spat at another car on the motorway that was driving along side him & filming it
Spitting is an awful act. I remember someone did it to me during a game once and I get sent off for hitting him after he did it.

Carragher shouldn't have reacted like that. Whatever else was said,and I'd say there was more said that what the video shows, he still shouldn't have done what he did.
Personally I couldn't care less if he is sacked. I can't stand listening to him or Neville on Sky.

Still think the guy filming is a gobshite though.
How many of us would do it if we were on the M50 coming from a game in Croke Park and saw an ex player in  a car.
Would your first thought be to roll down the window and start shouting abuse while at the same time filming it?
I know the likes of StGalls would but anyone with any ounce of sense hardly would?
I feel sorry for the daughter to be caught in the middle between the two idiots Carragher and her father.
Carragher shouldn't have engaged with him at all. "Banter" is a bloody scourge on society.

Scott Sinclair was abused at Glasgow Airport yesterday and one of the papers reported it as Scott Sinclair Airport Bust Up. I would dread to think of the abuse he took from the zombies for him to react. Players get paid plenty of money but I'm sure some of the stuff they have to put up with is terrible.

brokencrossbar1

Yeah I'd say his went beyond 'great bantz'. Plenty of scumbags around the world.

johnnycool

Quote from: thebigfella on March 12, 2018, 12:25:17 PM
sc**bag thing to do and I'd say he'll end up losing the sky gig. Not acceptable under any circumstances and undermines him being critical of players behaviour on the pitch.

On a personal note, I think I'm more upset and disappointed because I quite like Carragher (Stevie G I can't warm to at all - even Souness is more likeable  :)) as a pundit.

If the clip doing the rounds is all there was to it then Jamie is both ends of a bollox for spitting at the wee girl in the passengers seat.

Edit;

"The 40-year-old said: "It was a bit more than, 'Hiya Jamie, it was 2-1'. It went on for two or three times. I drove away at first and it just continued. I lost my head. I shouldn't have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car?""

Even at that spitting by a grown man is disgusting and Jamie should be embarrassed.

Gabriel_Hurl

Boycey

They've just hauled him out on Sky News and some woman presenter has nearly made him grovel...

I felt sorry for him.

trueblue1234

He's a bollix for doing it. So's the other guy as well. But Carragher should have known better.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on March 12, 2018, 02:27:04 PM
They've just hauled him out on Sky News and some woman presenter has nearly made him grovel...

I felt sorry for him.

I think this is his "sackcloth and ashes" moment. Probably means he will keep his job longterm

AZOffaly

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 12, 2018, 02:28:52 PM
He's a bollix for doing it. So's the other guy as well. But Carragher should have known better.

That's it exactly.

trileacman

Yeah a dirty act the spitting alright. As LL said couldn't care less whether he keeps the sky sports gig or not. Sky's odd couple routine of him and Neville and their "banter" is nauseating. Spoon fed entertainment for morons.

Also could everyone just block the child and save us all the hassle of reading his shite. He'll f**k off back to stoning ambulances and petty vandalism if we ignore him.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2018, 02:37:53 PM

That's it exactly.

Yes, he's been in the public eye long enough now. He has to know at this stage that he should let this shite wash off him and not react, no matter how shite a day he's been having for personal or whatever reasons.

That said, there are a lot of people out there who think they're entitled to hassle and harass someone just because they're famous, no matter what the circumstances.

Carragher wasn't out at a public event or even out and about at the pub or a restaurant where someone might reasonably be expected to politely ask for a photo. He was driving in his personal car on the motorway.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2018, 02:46:30 PM

That's it exactly.

Yes, he's been in the public eye long enough now. He has to know at this stage that he should let this shite wash off him and not react.

That said, there are a lot of people out there who think they're entitled to hassle and harass someone just because they're famous, no matter what the circumstances.

Carragher wasn't out at a public event or even out and about at the pub or a restaurant where someone might reasonably be expected to politely ask for a photo. He was driving in his personal car on the motorway.

This
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Dire Ear

Quote from: trileacman on March 12, 2018, 02:46:01 PM
Yeah a dirty act the spitting alright. As LL said couldn't care less whether he keeps the sky sports gig or not. Sky's odd couple routine of him and Neville and their "banter" is nauseating. Spoon fed entertainment for morons.

Also could everyone just block the child and save us all the hassle of reading his shite. He'll f**k off back to stoning ambulances and petty vandalism if we ignore him.
YIP

Windmill abu

That's it exactly.

Yes, he's been in the public eye long enough now. He has to know at this stage that he should let this shite wash off him and not react, no matter how shite a day he's been having for personal or whatever reasons.

Driving on the motorway with the window closed he probably wouldn't have heard any "banter". More likely he wanted to argue with someone due to his frustration at his team losing.

Regularly on this board we see GAA players condemned for so called sledging. Yet there are posters on this thread making excuses for Jamie Carragher spitting in a teenage girls face. What he did was the action of a sc**bag and reflects badly on him and those who defend him.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Cunny Funt

Certainly should have known better. What was he at slowing down for a moron and then rolling down the window of his car to hear what he had to say in the first place? The reaction of spitting is downright disgusting.

J70

Quote from: Windmill abu on March 12, 2018, 05:07:18 PM

That's it exactly.

Driving on the motorway with the window closed he probably wouldn't have heard any "banter". More likely he wanted to argue with someone due to his frustration at his team losing.

Regularly on this board we see GAA players condemned for so called sledging. Yet there are posters on this thread making excuses for Jamie Carragher spitting in a teenage girls face. What he did was the action of a sc**bag and reflects badly on him and those who defend him.

1. Almost everyone has, to a man, condemned what Carragher did (and I don't remember anyone here condoning it). It was a horrible, scummy act.

2. Have you ever actually driven a car on a motorway? Your apparent skepticism that someone driving along would not become very quickly aware of someone driving alongside them trying to get their attention suggests not. Whether its waving, shouting, honking the horn, whatever... its not exactly hard. Most people's reaction is to roll down the window to see what the f**k all the fuss is about.

3. The idea that Carragher went out looking for trouble along the motorway because Liverpool lost, somewhat unluckily, even if deservedly on the day, to Man Utd at Old Trafford, is just ludicrous and makes so sense whatsoever. He's been involved, much more directly, in these ties for 20 years, including scoring a pair of ogs and causing Nani to cry. Why the f**k would he suddenly decide that this day, of all days, he would start looking for trouble... along the motorway, of all places? Especially when compared to the much more simpler explanation that he stupidly lost the rag after being hassled several times while trying to get home or wherever.