The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2017, 12:59:11 PM
Quote from: supersub on January 27, 2017, 12:54:52 PM
Not to mention he dragged an average team for the most part to a Champions League victory, two FA Cup wins, three League Cups, UEFA Cup, Super Cup. Plus named in the PFA team of the year 8 times, Liverpool top scorer from midfield 4 times, scoring 125 goals in total for the club, mentioned in the same breath as Dalglish, Keegan, Rush, captain of his country, lauded by the likes of Zidane, Ferguson, Suarez... bizzare, held them back stacks!

That can be a difficult one for people that think he was "overrated" to square, he must have been overrated by the fellas that played against him every week too

But sure what would THEY know? ;D

laoislad

Not to mention he dragged an average team for the most part to a Champions League victory, two FA Cup wins, three League Cups, UEFA Cup, Super Cup. Plus named in the PFA team of the year 8 times, Liverpool top scorer from midfield 4 times, scoring 125 goals in total for the club, mentioned in the same breath as Dalglish, Keegan, Rush, captain of his country, lauded by the likes of Zidane, Ferguson, Suarez... bizzare, held them back stacks!
Yeah but but but he slipped once so really he was shite....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on January 27, 2017, 01:18:37 PM
Yeah but but but he slipped once so really he was shite....

And he got into a drunken altercation over a Phil Collins song...

Boycey

A stirring defence of Gerrard even though nobody has said that anything really negative about him other than Stallion :)

Maroon Manc

All a bit touchy about Gerrard, who said he wasn't a great player?

I don't rate him as highly a central midfielder as Keane, Scholes or Vieira but hr produced moments of brilliance in the final 3rd that neither of those 3 did on a consistent basis. He was a world class attacking player.

GJL

Quote from: Orior on January 27, 2017, 01:12:40 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 27, 2017, 12:03:13 PM
Lads. I might be in Liverpool on Tuesday night on business. Would it be hard to pick up a couple of tickets to the game at face value? Thanks in advance.  :)

Where is the best place to buy tickets in advance?

I've no idea. Never been to Anfield. Would it be a sellout on Tuesday night?

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on January 27, 2017, 01:59:23 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 27, 2017, 01:12:40 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 27, 2017, 12:03:13 PM
Lads. I might be in Liverpool on Tuesday night on business. Would it be hard to pick up a couple of tickets to the game at face value? Thanks in advance.  :)

Where is the best place to buy tickets in advance?

I've no idea. Never been to Anfield. Would it be a sellout on Tuesday night?
No the stadium will be half empty.  I'd say you'll pick up a ticket no bother.

Armamike

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 01:52:41 PM

I don't rate him as highly a central midfielder as Keane, Scholes or Vieira but hr produced moments of brilliance in the final 3rd that neither of those 3 did on a consistent basis. He was a world class attacking player.

He had flaws in his game, not the most tactically disciplined!  But the guy's moved on a few years now and yet opposing fans seem to bring up his name more than Liverpool supporters.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Armamike on January 27, 2017, 02:33:04 PM

He had flaws in his game, not the most tactically disciplined!  But the guy's moved on a few years now and yet opposing fans seem to bring up his name more than Liverpool supporters.

Surely its obvious why that is, a scouser who played for Liverpool for over 15 years and who's slip played a part in Liverpool not winning the league. Until Liverpool win the league United will always sing about him and the slip.

He was a world star something which Liverpool lack currently.

laoislad

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 02:58:56 PM

Surely its obvious why that is, a scouser who played for Liverpool for over 15 years and who's slip played a part in Liverpool not winning the league. Until Liverpool win the league United will always sing about him and the slip.

Which just proves how boring and unoriginal most United fans are  ;D

Armamike

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 02:58:56 PM

He was a world star something which Liverpool lack currently.

Time to get a new song.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Boycey

It's laughable really 'you lot are obsessed with us' 'no you're obsessed with us' when in reality fans of both teams are mostly the same.. Do you think Liverpool fans wouldn't still be giving it loads still had 'ratboy' Neville fell in a similar scenario as Gerrard. When you have the upper hand you gloat, United have mostly had the upper hand this 25 years so mainly they've being doing the gloating.. Comes round, goes round

J70

Quote from: Boycey on January 27, 2017, 03:50:20 PM
It's laughable really 'you lot are obsessed with us' 'no you're obsessed with us' when in reality fans of both teams are mostly the same.. Do you think Liverpool fans wouldn't still be giving it loads still had 'ratboy' Neville fell in a similar scenario as Gerrard. When you have the upper hand you gloat, United have mostly had the upper hand this 25 years so mainly they've being doing the gloating.. Comes round, goes round

Yep.

We both need each other to make it all more satisfying!

The Stallion

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2017, 12:59:11 PM

That can be a difficult one for people that think he was "overrated" to square, he must have been overrated by the fellas that played against him every week too

That's not at all difficult to square. Most footballers I hear talking about football haven't a clue. Pele is arguably one of the best footballers ever and had dross like Michael Owen in his list of greatest players for example.

Look at the list of who players voted on their team of the season in recent times. It includes donkeys like Joe Hart, Darren Fletcher, James Milner and Scott Parker. While Gerrard undoubtedly belongs in their company, none of them should be on any Premier League team of any season ever.

supersub

Read what I replied to originally :-)

Also, second part of your post - personally opinion varies widely quite evidently.