Banty's hanging around for another while

Started by Maguire01, August 19, 2009, 06:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Personally, I think Banty should have committed for another few years. This 1 more year thing and the uncertainty that goes with it isn't good.

Logan

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 03, 2009, 06:38:30 PM
Personally, I think Banty should have committed for another few years. This 1 more year thing and the uncertainty that goes with it isn't good.
Unless Grimley is to inherit things next year?

Maguire01

Quote from: Logan on September 03, 2009, 06:40:05 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 03, 2009, 06:38:30 PM
Unless Grimley is to inherit things next year?
He may well. But there's still the uncertainty now.

Main Street

There is always uncertainty. Much of life is about functioning in uncertainty.
There are no certainties.
What's more important is stability and competence with the structure that is now taking shape.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on September 04, 2009, 12:44:43 AM
There is always uncertainty. Much of life is about functioning in uncertainty.
There are no certainties.
What's more important is stability and competence with the structure that is now taking shape.
Well of course there are no certainties. But i'd imagine it makes more sense to be planning for a 2 or 3 year period than from year to year.

Main Street

On a managerial team
A  2 or 3 year planning doesn't matter a toss, if you have a plan which is not working or a CB  festering with disunity and typical cynical backbiting.
Having a plan is not the issue, its having a solid CB structure and solid grounded ambition for progress. And making the best guess for a managerial team to be a part of that.

Banty has been an integral part of ambition for progress. In this context, is not a whimsical decision for the CB  to allow him to stick around for another year. I'd regard it as a continuum with some fine tuning.

Next year is the important decision re manager.

pk205

What will Paul Grimley bring to the Monaghan setup?

I guess we (Monaghan folk) have been very happy with McElkennon as fitness trainer over the last few years.

I believe that we may need a fresh tactical approach to how we play.

Is that Grimley's strength?

Was he the tactical genius behind Kernan with Armagh or McGeeney in Kildare? I'm not suggesting he's not - I just would like to hear what others think about that.