Wee James Is The New Down Manager

Started by Cúig huaire, July 28, 2009, 11:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cúig huaire

With the news of Ross`s sacking the hunt will now begin for his successor. Who do we want? Will it be an outsider? Would our county board spend the money? Will it be another dream team of 2 All Ireland winners. Wee James will probably be favourite at this stage, so who do you all want to see in the job come January?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Cúig huaire

Latest from Boylesports

J. McCartan 6/4
S. Og. McAteer/D Cahill 3/1  ;)

wobbller

Cúig huaire

Is he not contracted to the minor job for life?

meatsy86

what about an outside man, maybe its time to look elsewhere?

idontbelieveit

Quote from: meatsy86 on July 28, 2009, 11:42:36 PM
what about an outside man, maybe its time to look elsewhere?
Basically lads, right now we need somebody with inter-county experience. Somebody to steady the ship. Mistakes must be at a minimum to save us from relegation from division 2. This sacking could prove to come back and haunt the county board, consistency was/is needed

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mournerambler

thegael

Well I have to say I'm delighted with the news .

A once proud county now can hopefully move forward and forget this silly notion of good players making good managers - it doesn't happen and if it does it is a coincidence!

Now as a man with his finger on the pulse I must say the canvassing has already begun !  We will have the James people trying to get their media friends in tow and spinning he is odds on favourite . We will then have  wee Pete with his formidable campaign team very well resoursed and financed using their clout and trying to go for the misty eyed 90s nostalgia with Mickey on board and the drivers too and not underestimating the mourne angle here too.This one will be played out in the media with one side and their spin doctors saying they are odds on etc..

This will be fun ! But for the gael this is serious I want neither of the above ! My county needs something different- a no nonsense man with a proven record at intercounty level.

the gael takes no prisoners

Cúig huaire

Yet again the gael is very critical of everyone and anyone, but shys away from naming a replacement for Ross.

Quote from: ziggysego on July 29, 2009, 12:01:33 AM
Tommy Carr

Ziggy is making as much sense as usual with that one, but in a gaaboard first he actually managed to spell two consecutive words correctly.

pintsofguinness

What would this Down team need to do next year for that manager to be considered a sucess?

What's down's fans expectations?

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Cúig huaire

First and foremost they must remain in Division 2 then a decent shot at an Ulster title. A run to the quarter finals would also be a bonus and should not be beyond this team.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Cúig huaire on July 29, 2009, 12:27:08 AM
First and foremost they must remain in Division 2 then a decent shot at an Ulster title. A run to the quarter finals would also be a bonus and should not be beyond this team.

See that's where I think the problem might be, I'd have my doubts about whether the Down team would be capable of that.  I mean, maybe a run to the qualifiers depending on the draw they got but are they in the top 8 in the country? Absoloutely not, they're well down the pecking order in Ulster imo.  I think they could improve with the right manager but not to that extent.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyrone86

Quote from: Cúig huaire on July 29, 2009, 12:20:48 AM
Yet again the gael is very critical of everyone and anyone, but shys away from naming a replacement for Ross.

Quote from: ziggysego on July 29, 2009, 12:01:33 AM
Tommy Carr

Ziggy is making as much sense as usual with that one, but in a gaaboard first he actually managed to spell two consecutive words correctly.

That's Harsh :D  :D

tyrone86

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 29, 2009, 12:32:16 AM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on July 29, 2009, 12:27:08 AM

See that's where I think the problem might be, I'd have my doubts about whether the Down team would be capable of that.  I mean, maybe a run to the qualifiers depending on the draw they got but are they in the top 8 in the country? Absoloutely not, they're well down the pecking order in Ulster imo.  I think they could improve with the right manager but not to that extent.

The draws may have been kind, but if Malachy O'Rourke and Liam Bradley can take Fermanagh and Antrim to Ulster Finals then I'd suggest that Down should have a pretty decent chance of getting to an Ulster Final and have at least punchers chance when they get that far.

Would a Linden/wee James ticket not appeal to the Down faithful or is it a case of only having 1 chief in charge this time?