Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Not surprising to see the usual suspects are frothing at the mouth about something they don't even understand.

Meanwhile the FG had to pull their website due to GDPR breaches last night and blanket silence.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on April 24, 2021, 04:52:53 PM
Not surprising to see the usual suspects are frothing at the mouth about something they don't even understand.

Meanwhile the FG had to pull their website due to GDPR breaches last night and blanket silence.

I tell you what I can't understand. MON talking.  Machine gun on steroids

RedHand88

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 24, 2021, 07:16:54 PM

Hmm maybe you should get to know some of the different accents in our country in that case.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 24, 2021, 07:30:11 PM

Hmm maybe you should get to know some of the different accents in our country in that case.

It's not the accent . It's the not taking a breath when she speaks. 

screenexile

People from Tyrone should learn to communicate in a fashion others can understand!! It's a car... not a kyaaaaarrrr!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: screenexile on April 24, 2021, 07:46:22 PM

People from Tyrone should learn to communicate in a fashion others can understand!! It's a car... not a kyaaaaarrrr!

Lol I have to confess we say that here in Derry city too

6th sam

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 24, 2021, 07:38:52 PM

MON has a fairly standard east Tyrone accent. I don't come from east Tyrone and I understood her without any difficulty . I think her accent has been used as a stick to beat her with, in much the same way as others ridicule  Arlene's looks. Let's judge them on their contribution rather than their looks/voice.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 24, 2021, 08:05:40 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 24, 2021, 07:46:22 PM

Lol I have to confess we say that here in Derry city too

And Armagh. Pupils in England used to try to mimick it all the time

grounded

Quote from: BennyCake on April 24, 2021, 03:54:36 PM
Tubridy was despicable. A hypocritical RTE lackey.

He looked at Michelle like she was shite on his shoe. The opening question about her republican background set the tone and content of the interview. I don't think there was anything else he could have thrown at her. The Storey funeral has been discussed for a year now. Didn't she already apologise for it? Give it a f**kin rest!

I'm no voter of SF, but she handled it very well. But an absolutely pathetic interview from Tubridy yet again.

Yep, the contrast to his interview of Arlene was quite stark.
        In any event i thought she handled the it very well. Tubs well out of his depth in these sorts of interviews. A sort of condescending(while having limited in depth knowledge) interview.
       If this gdpr business affects a single sf voter or potential sf voter i'd be amazed.

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 24, 2021, 08:26:54 PM
And Armagh. Pupils in England used to try to mimick it all the time

When I was at school the French teacher was introducing the word "car" (because) and said it should be pronounced in a South Armagh manner. She then asked one of my compatriots how Cross people said car and he replied "yoke", which rather spoiled her point.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: 6th sam on April 24, 2021, 08:09:46 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 24, 2021, 07:38:52 PM

MON has a fairly standard east Tyrone accent. I don't come from east Tyrone and I understood her without any difficulty . I think her accent has been used as a stick to beat her with, in much the same way as others ridicule  Arlene's looks. Let's judge them on their contribution rather than their looks/voice.

Agreed. Not good at that either though. I hate the ugly memes of Arlene stuff, vile

Lar Naparka

Granted, I'm no expert on SF's politics in Northern Ireland but I was under the impression that the Shinners were demanding a UI referendum right now. Listening to Michelle last night,it seems they are looking for negotiations to begin which is a different matter. I mean iif there is going to be a UI at sometime in the future, discussions have to begin sometime and if that all SF are looking for, I am alll for it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

6th sam

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 25, 2021, 12:05:37 AM
Granted, I'm no expert on SF's politics in Northern Ireland but I was under the impression that the Shinners were demanding a UI referendum right now. Listening to Michelle last night,it seems they are looking for negotiations to begin which is a different matter. I mean iif there is going to be a UI at sometime in the future, discussions have to begin sometime and if that all SF are looking for, I am alll for it.

Agree . I think an all-island solution would leave the island in a much better place. We already punch above our weight in many things and as a people are liked and respected worldwide. Take the conflict out of it and we can realise our potential . The South has done well in many aspects particularly in recent years but the "northern question" continues to hold us all back . MON has shown remarkable pragmatism and resilience in maintaining in government with the DUP . The GFA of its time was a success because DUP had to buy in to arrangements they didn't like (albeit kicking and screaming ).
Similarly with all-island constitutional change. Northern republicans had to swallow  living under British jurisdiction because their irishness was supposed to be equally respected . Why should unionists who were happy for republicans to do that post GFA , not be by prepared to accept the same in new arrangements . Look at the French  in Canada,  or Belgian arrangements,  as well as GFA for precedent.

balladmaker

Quote from: 6th sam on April 25, 2021, 01:02:19 AM

Agree . I think an all-island solution would leave the island in a much better place. We already punch above our weight in many things and as a people are liked and respected worldwide. Take the conflict out of it and we can realise our potential . The South has done well in many aspects particularly in recent years but the "northern question" continues to hold us all back . MON has shown remarkable pragmatism and resilience in maintaining in government with the DUP . The GFA of its time was a success because DUP had to buy in to arrangements they didn't like (albeit kicking and screaming ).
Similarly with all-island constitutional change. Northern republicans had to swallow  living under British jurisdiction because their irishness was supposed to be equally respected . Why should unionists who were happy for republicans to do that post GFA , not be by prepared to accept the same in new arrangements . Look at the French  in Canada,  or Belgian arrangements,  as well as GFA for precedent.

There in is the problem ... Unionists will not be subjective, they will not partake in sensible reasoning discussions, they will gladly walk off a cliff edge rather than prosper in a UI ... sad, but true.  Entering into discussions ref. a UI means they've already lost the argument, for them, it is the union with the UK that matters, and nothing else.  Still, that should not prevent the discussion taking place, whether unionists want to be part of those discussions or not.

michaelg

Quote from: 6th sam on April 25, 2021, 01:02:19 AM

You been on the pop, big lad?