Paisley

Started by armaghniac, January 10, 2014, 10:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

It seems that Cullyhanna's finest has conducted a series of interviews with Paisley to be on the BBC Paisley:
Genesis To Revelation - Face To Face With Eamonn Mallie starts on BBC One NI on Monday 13 January at 22:35 GMT

Paisley has done as much as anyone to cause the mess we are in today. He used a lot of strong language the caused other eejits, without any of these nuances the Paisley himself would see, to take up the battle. But he is still a more complex individual than some of the monochrome drones on the Unionist side, so the documentary should be interesting.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Ssssshould be interessssting. Sssss...

Cold tea

Hopefully the **** hasn't much longer to live.

Kidder81

Paisley is easier to listen to than Eamonn Mallie

J OGorman

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 10, 2014, 11:03:37 AM
Paisley is easier to listen to than Eamonn Mallie

but ever so slightly more dangerous

Nally Stand

The shows main headlines so far is that Paisley has said...

- Bloody Sunday was wrong and he welcomed the apology and that "some of the victims didn't have weapons". (The implication being that some did.)
- The denial of one man, one vote was wrong ( a dramatic about-turn)

And on the Dublin/Monaghan bombs, he says..

- "Who brought that on them? Themselves".

The words of Eugene Reavey recently on the 38th anniversary of the murders of his three brothers in their home made for sad reading the other day. To think that Paisley is still refusing to apologise for his accusations about Eugene says all that needs to be said about him.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Applesisapples

Mallie is from Silverbridge, or so he says. I'd say there'd be a few up there who would rather he was from Cullyhanna.

passedit

QuoteAnd on the Dublin/Monaghan bombs, he says..

- "Who brought that on them? Themselves".

John Ó Néill ‏@JJCONeill 2h

Paisley leading a loyalist march in Larne 7 days after Dublin-Monaghan bombings (from Irish Times, 27.5.74).

Don't Panic

ziggysego

He's finally conceded that gerrymandering was wrong and against democracy. I'm sure he'll add a 'but' in there somewhere though.
Testing Accessibility

theticklemister

Ah sure he wasnt a bad oul soul really.

ziggysego

Quote from: theticklemister on January 10, 2014, 12:15:18 PM

I wouldn't go that far  ;D He stoked the flames of hatred and bigotry in this part of the world. He only 'changed' because it suited him and his ego.
Testing Accessibility

Nally Stand

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2014, 12:26:13 PM

I wouldn't go that far  ;D He stoked the flames of hatred and bigotry in this part of the world. He only 'changed' because it suited him and his ego.

Nail on the head as far as ego is concerned. It takes some sized ego for a man...
- To insist on being called Dr for receiving an honorary degree
- To form his own political party
- And best of all, to form his own Church.
Blair is said that "Blair also knew that he was desperate to become first minister and saw that he would reach almost any accommodation just to hold that position, even for a few months." (The Guardian)

As far as whether or not he has really "changed", I'm highly doubt it. His refusal to apologise to Eugene Reavey, his implication that some of the Bloody Sunday victims were armed, his claim that the Dublin/Monaghan bombs were "brought on themselves" etc etc....
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 10, 2014, 12:59:34 PM

Nail on the head as far as ego is concerned. It takes some sized ego for a man...
Blair is said that "Blair also knew that he was desperate to become first minister and saw that he would reach almost any accommodation just to hold that position, even for a few months." (The Guardian)

As far as whether or not he has really "changed", I'm highly doubt it. His refusal to apologise to Eugene Reavey, his implication that some of the Bloody Sunday victims were armed, his claim that the Dublin/Monaghan bombs were "brought on themselves" etc etc....

Which is why I wrote 'changed' not changed ;)
Testing Accessibility

Nally Stand

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2014, 01:20:50 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 10, 2014, 12:59:34 PM

Which is why I wrote 'changed' not changed ;)
Touché!