The annual bonfire/twelfth thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, July 08, 2009, 04:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on July 09, 2009, 09:28:57 AM
Quote from: jimbo on July 09, 2009, 08:33:08 AM
Quote from: Rois on July 08, 2009, 04:57:35 PM
Ah feck, was planning on heading to Rossnowlagh on Saturday for a few days but looks like I'll hit the parade down there. 

Mount Vernon's bonfire had the fire brigade out at it on Monday.  Part of the Shore Road at the bottom of Skegoneil has never been repaired after last year's bonfire spilled out onto it.

Am heading there on Saturday myself Rois; didn't realise there was a fecking parade - we are landing around 4 surely any fecking parade will be over by then.  Is it just in the town itself?

Oh yes it's definately in the "town" but not sure of what route it takes.  You'd prob be ok by 4 from memory.  Can't remember how many usually attend but it's not that bad, I'm just concerned about traffic along that long straight road in.

The parades in Rossnowlagh is nowhere like the ones over here. Apparently it's very relaxed and over swiftly.
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2009, 10:06:30 AM
Quote from: Rois on July 09, 2009, 09:28:57 AM
Quote from: jimbo on July 09, 2009, 08:33:08 AM
Quote from: Rois on July 08, 2009, 04:57:35 PM
Ah feck, was planning on heading to Rossnowlagh on Saturday for a few days but looks like I'll hit the parade down there. 

Mount Vernon's bonfire had the fire brigade out at it on Monday.  Part of the Shore Road at the bottom of Skegoneil has never been repaired after last year's bonfire spilled out onto it.

Am heading there on Saturday myself Rois; didn't realise there was a fecking parade - we are landing around 4 surely any fecking parade will be over by then.  Is it just in the town itself?

Oh yes it's definately in the "town" but not sure of what route it takes.  You'd prob be ok by 4 from memory.  Can't remember how many usually attend but it's not that bad, I'm just concerned about traffic along that long straight road in.

The parades in Rossnowlagh is nowhere like the ones over here. Apparently it's very relaxed and over swiftly.
Why, where do you live?

ziggysego

Don't be pedantic, you're as bad as Evil Genuis  :P
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2009, 10:28:53 AM
I don't know whether to slap you or kiss you  :P

Edit: I am a male Ziggy ya horny hoor!

lob her in lad

There is a march held over here in Southport just outside of  Liverpool every 12th July. Never been but it is a sit of an army town so not surprised.
Apparently there was an Orange march through Manchester a few weeks ago, missed it meself but a few of the lads were a bit sickened by it.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

ziggysego

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 09, 2009, 10:31:29 AM
I don't know whether to slap you or kiss you  :P

Edit: I am a male Ziggy ya horny hoor!

Where the bleedin' hell did that comment come from?
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2009, 10:06:30 AM

Aye but the road to get there is not exactly a dual carriageway Ziggy.  Have no probs with the parade, just the traffic!

Evil Genius

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on July 09, 2009, 08:54:30 AM
i hate this bonfire crap.
Fair enough (indeed I would tend to agree).

A man just landed in there to work looking for all spare pallets.
At least he asked - where's the harm in that?

This type of low life needs to get a job. He was about 35 and out looking for pallets at 8.15 on a thursday morning.
How do you know he hasn't got a job? He could be on holiday or sorting out the bonfire before going to work. Or he might recently have been made unemployed and rather than lying in bed all day, he likes to keep busy? I personally have no time for this bonfire lark, but on the whole I'd rather have adults sorting them, than teenagers

What a lowlife
If you know the guy and his circumstances, then fair enough. But if you don't, on what grounds do you reach this conclusion?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

How Dare You!

And by the way, the correct spelling is "Genius".  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

supersub

This thread is a laugh, just because they're from the other side they're low lifes and spides and everything is a disgrace...ha priceless!

Doogie Browser

Driving through Newtownstewart the other day I noticed a red white and blue flag just erected along with the Union Jacks, Norn Iron flags etc.  Nothing unusual about a red, white & blue flag normally up there, but it looks like a soccer flag, paying homage to what seemed either a Linfield or Rangers player (number 10 I thought?).  I didn't get a close enough look at it, but it definitely has no connection with 12th Celebrations and was erected at the same time as the other tat. 

ziggysego

Quote from: supersub on July 09, 2009, 11:44:15 AM
This thread is a laugh, just because they're from the other side they're low lifes and spides and everything is a disgrace...ha priceless!

I say the same when warrented by 'this side' too.
Testing Accessibility

supersub

I know I'm not saying we dont get criticized too - just the fact that every wee thing seems to be a disgrace, its amusing thats all!

ziggysego

Quote from: supersub on July 09, 2009, 11:55:52 AM
I know I'm not saying we dont get criticized too - just the fact that every wee thing seems to be a disgrace, its amusing thats all!

I try not to say too much. I just don't like the way some of the Orangemen behave and the whole bombfire disaster. I know several people in the Orange Order and they have said to me privately they don't like some of the behaviour either and the surroundings of it all.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Who was the lovely unionist lady from Coleraine that said a few years ago bonfires were great because they gave youths something to do?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians