Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Quote from: red hander on June 18, 2019, 05:54:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2019, 04:30:17 PM
If Brexit leads to an All Ireland State and an Independent Scotland it will have some positive results.

Always been my view too. I despise the 'precious union' with every fibre of my being

Most definitely, the sooner partition ends the better for all on the island irrespective of background, religion or allegiance.  Partition has failed every single person on the island of Ireland since its inception ... a Protestant state for Protestant people, founded on hate and bigotry, it's days surely have to be numbered. 

imtommygunn

Raab is out. What a shame...

I would be happier except they can't all be knocked out.

johnnycool

Good god, unless you're a Home counties luvvie in a mock tudor mansion you'd have to be seriously worried about who is going to lead the Tories into Brexit after that debate/shouting over each other and not answering the question asked debacle on BBC last night.

Boris couldn't even remember Abdullah from Bristols name 10 seconds after being told it..

bennydorano

Javid out, Gove into 2nd place, final vote this afternoon.

I would fully expect the tactical voting from Camp Boris to come into play now to ensure Gove doesn't make the final 2.

Aaron Boone

Boris's Brexit plan is just to remove backstop from Withdrawal Agreement. No more and no less.

Will the EU budge in October to get a deal done?

GJL

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 20, 2019, 01:20:13 PM
Boris's Brexit plan is just to remove backstop from Withdrawal Agreement. No more and no less.

I think he will go for a NI only backstop. The EU would be happy with this also. The DUP obviously won't but they will be under the bus at that stage.

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

I would fully expect the tactical voting from Camp Boris to come into play now to ensure Gove doesn't make the final 2.

You reckon Boris will have a better run with the Tory masses if he's up against Gove rather than Hunt?

Will be interesting to see where Saj's voters transfer to as there's little or nothing between Gove and Hunt.

All useless hoors in my mind.

maddog

Quote from: johnnycool on June 20, 2019, 02:46:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

You reckon Boris will have a better run with the Tory masses if he's up against Gove rather than Hunt?

Will be interesting to see where Saj's voters transfer to as there's little or nothing between Gove and Hunt.

All useless hoors in my mind.

Think it's more a case of if it's Gove it's expected to be a dirtier fight which they don't want.

ardtole

Quote from: GJL on June 20, 2019, 02:28:43 PM

I think he will go for a NI only backstop. The EU would be happy with this also. The DUP obviously won't but they will be under the bus at that stage.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, I've more or less switched off from brexit, the last few months. If Boris gets in, hangs the dup out to dry, puts the border in the Irish sea. Would that mean that the north would have the best of both worlds, a foot in the eu and an ideal base for companies needing access to both markets.

trailer

How does he get his deal with a NI only backstop through parliament?

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2019, 03:06:22 PM

That's the £1Billion pound question.

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on June 20, 2019, 03:22:40 PM

This is a staggering level of ignorance of the DUP and their position. They will never (and never is a long time) accept an NI only backstop. 1 billion. 10 billion, 100 billion! Doesn't matter!
So given Parliaments arithmetic, I will ask again. How does he get his deal with a NI only backstop through Parliament?

Hardy

Quote from: johnnycool on June 20, 2019, 03:22:40 PM

I seem to remember it was only the DUP that rejected this proposal first time around. The question remains, though where Johnson would get the support to keep the government in power when the DUP withdraws its support in this scenario.

screenexile

I think they get cross party support for it and screw the DUP!

Hardy

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2019, 03:46:28 PM

I think they get cross party support for it and screw the DUP!

Yes, but how do they get a budget  through then?