Tyrone v Armagh

Started by illdecide, March 14, 2016, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Unlaoised

I just hope Tyrone show the rest of the league respect and put out their strongest team....

Armagh will have a kick in them and I expect this to be close ...Probably the best time to play Tyrone!
LAOIS ABÚ

armaghniac

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 15, 2016, 10:40:25 AM
I just hope Tyrone show the rest of the league respect and put out their strongest team....

Armagh will have a kick in them and I expect this to be close ...Probably the best time to play Tyrone!

On the other hand Tyrone could dump Laois, Derry and Meath in it, by having a lot of stamina training this week and not worrying too much about Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

We could actually stay up with a draw v Derry. Providing Fermanagh and Laois/Meath lose both their games.

general_lee

Quote from: BennyCake on March 15, 2016, 11:29:37 AM
We could actually stay up with a draw v Derry. Providing Fermanagh and Laois/Meath lose both their games.
Sure Laois and Meath play each other?

Fuzzman

I wasn't at that game in '84 so can only rely on youtube but isn't it amazing how naive managers and defenders were back then to leave him one on one each time. Also amazing how he wasn't taken out of it or no mouthing or afters when he was running riot. Big difference to how C.McKeever dealt with PTG when he came on that day in Croker and got him sent off in 60 seconds.

Games rarely go to plan but I can't see Armagh winning this one. A bit like Derry the old rivalry seems a bit nullified at the moment but who knows later in the summer. It's not that long since Armagh could have beaten Donegal in Croker and compare how Roscommon have upped the ante this year.

Any news on the 2 Ronans?

redhandefender

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 15, 2016, 10:40:25 AM

You don't have to worry about that, A tyrone team will never roll over to help them uns! Very difficult to pick tyrones strongest team at the minute.

Real Talk

Mickey Harte doesn't like to come second in any match in any competition and they will beat Armagh.  As for what Tyrone's best team is I would say that they have at least 25 players of a high calibre and their 3 main players are Sean and Colm Cavanagh, Peter Harte and Mattie Donnelly.   So far in the McKenna Cup and the League their second half performance's have been outstanding and that has been down to the strength and effectiveness of their bench.    Its all about the team 'ethic'

ziggysego

Quote from: Real Talk on March 15, 2016, 08:58:46 PM
Mickey Harte doesn't like to come second in any match in any competition and they will beat Armagh.  As for what Tyrone's best team is I would say that they have at least 25 players of a high calibre and their 3 main players are Sean and Colm Cavanagh, Peter Harte and Mattie Donnelly.   So far in the McKenna Cup and the League their second half performance's have been outstanding and that has been down to the strength and effectiveness of their bench.    Its all about the team 'ethic'

:o
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 14, 2016, 09:00:18 PM
Hard to beat a bit of nostalgia in the build up to an Armagh v Tyrone game. http://youtu.be/m07it4_evog

Did the fecker ever pass?
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: ziggysego on March 16, 2016, 12:36:33 AM
Quote from: Real Talk on March 15, 2016, 08:58:46 PM

:o

Puts me in mind of Monty Python.

No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition. Our chief weapon is surprise and the blanket defence.
Our 2 chief weapons are surprise, the blanket defence and Colm Cavanagh.
etc.

Fuzzman

Is Justy being rested or has he injury issues again?
Will be interesting does Mickey but Justy back into FB or McCarron

Which of last years U21s are over age this year and will be allowed to focus on senior? Rory B? McGeary Bros?

How many sets of brothers do we have on the squad now?
Cavanaghs, McGeary, Donnellys, Brennans. anyone else?

redhandefender

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 16, 2016, 10:47:58 AM
Is Justy being rested or has he injury issues again?
Will be interesting does Mickey but Justy back into FB or McCarron

Which of last years U21s are over age this year and will be allowed to focus on senior? Rory B? McGeary Bros?

How many sets of brothers do we have on the squad now?
Cavanaghs, McGeary, Donnellys, Brennans. anyone else?

Mc canns

Only players in under 21 are mc shane, lee brennan and sean fox, rest all over age. I imagine frank burns will get a call after under 21s is over.

Justy looked interested. Now we are promoted he will give mc geary and hampsey a shot I would say in full back line

illdecide

Is the 2 McMahons not on the squad (Joey the lips and Justy)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: illdecide on March 16, 2016, 11:53:43 AM
Is the 2 McMahons not on the squad (Joey the lips and Justy)

Yup.

Joe won't return to action until after the league though.