Yes - But only if there is a repeated pattern
49 (39.5%)
No - Things are fine
55 (44.4%)
No - There should be less moderation
10 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Gaaboardmod3

Genuinely interested in the response to this. In the past the moderation has been seen as too 'heavy handed', now the board is struggling with threads descending into slagging matches, many provocative posts and a significant number of WUMs, Trolls and shit stirrers. Do people on the board want mods to take a much harsher line on posters? Should there be much more frequent bans handed out for those who appear to be just causing angst for the craic?

punt kick

Most shit stirrers are your regulars who get a bye ball, especially those with numerous accounts who's only aim is to get a rise.

J70

At least do a purge on the multiple personality accounts, starting with the ones staring you in the face.

HiMucker

We don't need stricter moderation ya stupid bastard!

Denn Forever

Leave things as they are.  As people have said there is an ignore button.  You know who annoys you, so don't read their posts even the are part of a long number quotes.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

The board seems to work ok. It is impossible to moderate the human need for attention. The vast majority of posters play fair.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Esmarelda

As much as I'd love some posters to disappear, there's a thin line between insanity and being a troll so I'd say leave it alone.

Self-control should be enough.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: punt kick on October 06, 2017, 02:15:26 PM
Most shit stirrers are your regulars who get a bye ball, especially those with numerous accounts who's only aim is to get a rise.
;)

TabClear

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 06, 2017, 02:40:59 PM
Leave things as they are.  As people have said there is an ignore button.  You know who annoys you, so don't read their posts even the are part of a long number quotes.

There are a number of threads that descend into anarchy because of the polarised views of the main protaginists (Anything church related, US Politics etc) but you can tell from the posters on both sides that they genuinely believe what they are posting. These should be left alone and anyone who wants to contribute knows what they are getting into.

What I would like to see a tighter rein on is the obvious shitstirrers who go onto specific  threads with the sole aim of twisting and getting a rise (Soccer threads probably the best example) and the usual suspects who will take any thread and if their hobby horse topic is even remotely connected to the new topic will turn  it into a slanging match with their usual foes from the threads above and the original topic gets lost. The Vegas Shooting thread is a prime example of this.

These punters should either be warned or told to take it back to the original thread.

bennydorano

Quote from: J70 on October 06, 2017, 02:22:07 PM
At least do a purge on the multiple personality accounts, starting with the ones staring you in the face.
I would second that, has to be a handy starting point from an IT point of view (double check with Syf).

armaghniac

Quote from: TabClear on October 06, 2017, 03:10:54 PM
There are a number of threads that descend into anarchy because of the polarised views of the main protaginists (Anything church related, US Politics etc) but you can tell from the posters on both sides that they genuinely believe what they are posting. These should be left alone and anyone who wants to contribute knows what they are getting into.

There are certain threads with certain divergent views, you can choose whether to enter these threads or not, if they have clear titles
Derailing threads on other issues is less acceptable and personal abuse of posters not acceptable at all, IMHO.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

What would really put manners in some is if they were banned and couldn't see the website until their ban is up, i know they can't post whilst banned but the way the Armagh forum was if you got banned you can't access any part of the site ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on October 06, 2017, 03:49:36 PM
What would really put manners in some is if they were banned and couldn't see the website until their ban is up, i know they can't post whilst banned but the way the Armagh forum was if you got banned you can't access any part of the site ;)
Wouldn't work as the board isn't a members only board.Anyone can still read the board if they are a member or not.

It's been mentioned before but never came to fruition but I'd be happy to pay a fee for membership.
I don't know if there is much running costs to keep the board going but if there was anything left over after paying the running costs the money could go to a different charity every year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

illdecide

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2017, 03:59:49 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 06, 2017, 03:49:36 PM
Wouldn't work as the board isn't a members only board.Anyone can still read the board if they are a member or not.

It's been mentioned before but never came to fruition but I'd be happy to pay a fee for membership.
I don't know if there is much running costs to keep the board going but if there was anything left over after paying the running costs the money could go to a different charity every year.

You're clearly a MOD looking money or you're wealthy and don't care. What about us Northerners who have no money and no one likes us ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch