Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

GAA lockdown rules being broken by Clubs close to the coast of Carlingford Lough.Bad form.

supersub

Ambrose

Quote from: wobbller on May 16, 2020, 10:38:08 AM
GAA lockdown rules being broken by Clubs close to the coast of Carlingford Lough.Bad form.

Cuchulainn Gaels, Cooley Kickhams and St Patricks?

Do we really need this type of bullsh*t at the minute?
You can't live off history and tradition forever

wobbller

Quote from: Ambrose on May 16, 2020, 08:34:35 PM
Quote from: wobbller on May 16, 2020, 10:38:08 AM

Cuchulainn Gaels, Cooley Kickhams and St Patricks?

Do we really need this type of bullsh*t at the minute?
To use Sean Cavanagh terminology- the UK side of the Lough is what I am referencing.

Square Ball

Was it a full session or a few guys out kicking ball?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thewobbler

Personally I'd appreciate if the poster(s) in question could advise on whether they have first hand, second hand or third hand knowledge of clubs breaking the law.

snoopdog

Boris's lockdown rules? Go out, dont go out, stay in, go to work, Exercise, dont go to Work. Hard to follow what rules are meant to be at this stage.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on May 17, 2020, 12:28:28 AM
Personally I'd appreciate if the poster(s) in question could advise on whether they have first hand, second hand or third hand knowledge of clubs breaking the law.
Fourth or fifth hand :) :)What does it matter whether it was 1st,2nd or whatever? If true,it is a disgrace. Ps.I don't know if it is true.

thewobbler

Quote from: wobbller on May 17, 2020, 11:11:28 AM
Fourth or fifth hand :) :)What does it matter whether it was 1st,2nd or whatever? If true,it is a disgrace. Ps.I don't know if it is true.

It matters a lot. It's the difference between a couple of players going for a 5k while in club colours, then bumping into another player, and 20 men meeting at a pre-specified location and going through drills or tactics together.

supersub

Quote from: wobbller on May 17, 2020, 11:11:28 AM

Why would you state it in such terms or at all if you don't know it's true? To use a very prevalent and apt term, fake news? Could you please expand on the clubs or personnel you are speaking about as I am sure they would like to correct you if you are wrong.

wobbller

I seemed to have touched a raw nerve around the the place.
I heard it.
I've put it onto the Board here.
I have said I don't know if it is true.
The truth will come out and if wrong,it's no big deal.If true,it is a big deal.

Mourne Red

Quote from: wobbller on May 17, 2020, 12:02:56 PM
I heard it.

You could have asked on the board - "anyone hear of clubs breaking lockdown rules".. But you went straight to say GAA clubs not adhering to lockdown from Chinese whispers you heard and not provided substance of what the situation was

wobbller

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 17, 2020, 12:10:39 PM
I heard it.

You could have asked on the board - "anyone hear of clubs breaking lockdown rules".. But you went straight to say GAA clubs not adhering to lockdown from Chinese whispers you heard and not provided substance of what the situation was
You could have, you should have! Oh dear! Prickly bunch on here today.

Mourne Red

Quote from: wobbller on May 17, 2020, 12:17:13 PM
I heard it.

Only p***k here is you sir

wobbller

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 17, 2020, 12:18:31 PM
Quote from: wobbller on May 17, 2020, 12:17:13 PM
I heard it.

Only p***k here is you sir
Sir?