Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Big match tonight in the Hyde.
C'Mon the Ros gasúns.
Could be the highest  scoring game of the year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

I'm sure the young rossies will be out to prove that round 1 game was nothing but a freak result. Galway has scored 11-65 on route to this final while Roscommon have scored 13-53 which would suggest this will be a high scoring game.

galwayman

Blowitupref

Roscommon 0-6 Galway 1-10 half time. Galway goal came on 16 mins when the score was 0-2 to 0-4
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

GalwayBayBoy

FT

Roscommon 2-9 Galway 2-13

Congrats to the young lads. Had the game won in the first half really where they led by 9 points at one stage. Fairly dominant in Connacht this year. The All Ireland series will show us what the standard is in the province in 2018. Best of luck to both sides.

Blowitupref

Well done to Galway some amount of underage trophies they have won the last number of years. Roscommon can take some consolation that they were more competitive tonight than in the last game v Galway. Should be interesting to see how both fare in the All Ireland series.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Beating Kerry has always been our speciality anyways.

Rossfan

Galway well worth their win and we're more than 4 points better than us. A penalty 4 minutes into added time made the scoreboard more respectable.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on July 14, 2018, 12:23:30 AM
Galway well worth their win and we're more than 4 points better than us. A penalty 4 minutes into added time made the scoreboard more respectable.

43 mins played 1-7 to 1-10 it looked like a possible comeback was on the cards but i suppose the damage was done 1st half.

Syferus

A four point win just about reflected the game correctly.

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 14, 2018, 10:08:28 AM

43 mins played 1-7 to 1-10 it looked like a possible comeback was on the cards but i suppose the damage was done 1st half.
It was and unfortunately we weren't able to build on the goal.
They hit a good few wides around then as well so a couple of points then could have worked wonders.
Ah well.....bring on Kerry :o

GalwayBayBoy

http://www.the42.ie/galway-roscommon-match-reports-connacht-final-kildare-wicklow-4127024-Jul2018/

Great achievement for the young lads especially as they lost all the dual players on the panel a few months ago to the hurlers. I was wondering when I saw lads from Tuam, Annaghdown, Ballygar and Salthill on the Galway minor hurling team that played Limerick last weekend. All traditional football areas not known for their hurling.

QuoteGalway minor football manager Donal Ó Fatharta was interviewed on Raidió Na Gaeltachta by Cárthach Breathnach in the aftermath of his side's comprehensive victory over Roscommon in their Connacht Championship first round clash on Friday evening.

Ó Fatharta, a member the An Spideal hurling and football club, hit out at minor hurling manager Jeffrey Lynskey for preventing a number of his panellists from playing football as well as hurling in maroon.

"They (a group of players) were with us in January but there was a decision made that I didn't agree with and I fought as much as I could, but I wasn't listened to at all," began Ó Fátharta.

It is claimed that Lynskey has disallowed ten of his panel members from playing football.

"It was the manager of the hurling panel, Jeffrey Lynskey who made the decision. It wouldn't be right that I would have that power, and in my opinion, it's not right that anybody would have that power," he continued.

"This first happened in February, we're without, around ten of them who would probably be on the panel.

"But we drew a line in the sand in February and from then on we said that's the panel we have for the year now.

"The power should be with the county board for something like that, but that's the way it is and we're going to work away with what we have...It will be in front of the board and the clubs in the future."

Syferus

There were four players involved yesterday that weren't available for whatever reason in the first round match for Galway from what I heard.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 14, 2018, 01:04:07 PM
http://www.the42.ie/galway-roscommon-match-reports-connacht-final-kildare-wicklow-4127024-Jul2018/

Great achievement for the young lads especially as they lost all the dual players on the panel a few months ago to the hurlers. I was wondering when I saw lads from Tuam, Annaghdown, Ballygar and Salthill on the Galway minor hurling team that played Limerick last weekend. All traditional football areas not known for their hurling.

QuoteGalway minor football manager Donal Ó Fatharta was interviewed on Raidió Na Gaeltachta by Cárthach Breathnach in the aftermath of his side's comprehensive victory over Roscommon in their Connacht Championship first round clash on Friday evening.

Ó Fatharta, a member the An Spideal hurling and football club, hit out at minor hurling manager Jeffrey Lynskey for preventing a number of his panellists from playing football as well as hurling in maroon.

"They (a group of players) were with us in January but there was a decision made that I didn't agree with and I fought as much as I could, but I wasn't listened to at all," began Ó Fátharta.

It is claimed that Lynskey has disallowed ten of his panel members from playing football.

"It was the manager of the hurling panel, Jeffrey Lynskey who made the decision. It wouldn't be right that I would have that power, and in my opinion, it's not right that anybody would have that power," he continued.

"This first happened in February, we're without, around ten of them who would probably be on the panel.

"But we drew a line in the sand in February and from then on we said that's the panel we have for the year now.

"The power should be with the county board for something like that, but that's the way it is and we're going to work away with what we have...It will be in front of the board and the clubs in the future."

Can you name some of those dual players were they possible starters or subs? Not sure would I call it that great of achievement when you consider Galway city west and north teams won the Ted Webb cup and shield last year.