The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Might be on my own here, but I don't mind Moore. He was 100% on the England try, which was a very good spot. He did go off a bit about the reversed penalty, but he probably called the ref out as much, if not more often, about penalties not given to Ireland as ones not given to England over the course of the game.

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2010, 07:54:21 PM
Did Martin Johnson make an eejit of himself in a TV interview afterwards by refusing to congratulate the Irish ???

Was that the RTE intewrview? I just watched the BBC one and think he spoke honestly enough and I wouldn't say he has to congratulate us if he doesn't feel like it.

gawa316

Quote from: AFS on February 27, 2010, 08:34:21 PM
Might be on my own here, but I don't mind Moore. He was 100% on the England try, which was a very good spot. He did go off a bit about the reversed penalty, but he probably called the ref out as much, if not more often, about penalties not given to Ireland as ones not given to England over the course of the game.

Have to say did like him slaggin Drogba in the 1st half

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2010, 08:35:43 PM
Did Martin Johnson make an eejit of himself in a TV interview afterwards by refusing to congratulate the Irish ???

Was that the RTE intewrview? I just watched the BBC one and think he spoke honestly enough and I wouldn't say he has to congratulate us if he doesn't feel like it.

RTE

tyronefan

doesnt have to but would just be manners

then again he has proven in the past he doesnt have any

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2010, 08:37:04 PM

RTE

Feck I'd love to see that now. . . he was alright on BBC but if he was actin the dick with Tracey then he's a w**ker!

Declan Kidney is a legend. Lording O'Gara and Hayes in all his interviews he really seems to know how to keep everyone happy. Hope O'Driscoll is ok for the next day!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2010, 08:30:13 PM
Quote from: thejuice on February 27, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
Not as much fun as it used to be, beating England used to be a big thing, feels forgetable already, wasnt a great game.
This one is for the exiles.
An exile can never get enough of that

Aye was just thinking that there... Must be a huge day for all the Irish over there... even more so when we stuff them!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

comeontheredhands

was that Miley from GlenRoes brother who came on as sub

Bogball XV

Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2010, 08:43:32 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/2010/0227/england_ireland.html

Did they cut some out of this orangeman?
don't think so, i saw the interview at the time and thought nothing of it, it was only when it went back to studio that the boys started giving out that he hadn't congratulated the irish - i'd agree with screen, if he doesn't want, he doesn't have to, it's no big deal either way?  Unless of course I missed him refusing to congratulate them?

Aerlik

Quote from: comeontheredhands on February 27, 2010, 10:30:19 PM
was that Miley from GlenRoes brother who came on as sub

I thought that too, watching the game in the Irish Club over here.  Not just any but EVERY win over the tans is to be relished, and especially by us exiles both in England and in other foreign countries.  We didn't have much to celebrate between 86 and 95 when I was living there.

There's a doco on ABC here about the demise of neanderthal man and some scientists' belief that rather than kill them off, Homo Sapiens actually interbred with them; well, Johnson is as prevalent an example of proof that that is more fact than theory.  What an ugly hoor.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Hedley Lamarr

Any win over England is to be relished, but especially at Twickenham......I've been there too often in the 80's when we were stuffed and had to endure "swing low".
Johnson was a great player/captain but does not appear to have much in the way of manners or grace.
Another Triple Crown?  Here's hoping.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Capt Pat

I have to say you really have to be critical of the way France and England play the game, not an ounce of creativity between them these days. France relied on 2 interceptions against the Welsh to score a try at all and the English player was obviously held up over the line. No proof he had the ball down at all.

In their games against Ireland the French relied on sin binnnings and missed tackles to make any impact on the try line. While against the Welsh the English made hay when the Welsh were down to 14 men and a late interception try. With 1 try against the Italians. Look at what the Irish and Welsh can do, score late great tries from anywhere at any time. The English and French are going to get some surprise when they go to play Argentina and South Africa in the world cup and find out who the real masters of 10 man power rugby are. That is before considering New Zealand at home, thy need to wise up a bit and Johnson does not seem to be the man.

Capt Pat

Eventually on to the game itself.

A well deserved victory by Ireland, 3 tries to nil tells its own story. Engalnd didn't threaten the Irish try line apart from a couple of occasions and their line out was put under a lot of pressure. Even benefitting from a couple of penalties given to monye one for sticking his boot into Jamie Heaslips chest and the other for backing into tommy Bow couldn't save them. Heaslip, Bowe, Ferris, Murphy Earls Sexton,(not goal kicking) all had good games. Good to see more of the younger generation being mentioned as the key performers.

Tony Buckley helped steady the scrum when he came in and might get a chance ahead of Hayes soon enough. There has been a lot of criticism of Buckleys game but I certainly don't think we would be taking a step back putting him into the tighthead spot for future games.