The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

What ever about Brian Moore being pro english. I wish the Irish commentators would be pro Irish or at least fair to the Irish. The penalty turnaround was perfectly correct. Irish scrum and before the put in is taken the referee blows the whistle for an English penalty, Danny Care immediatelt tackles O'Leary to the ground, penalty Ireland and a possible yellow card. Then Haskell is the first man to intervene, again another possible yellow card for pushing O'Leary. It is then that Ferris charges in, but he is not the next man in like the Irish commentators said, that was in fact Haskell.

EagleLord

Typical puke rugby from england. Good to see good attractive rugby winning out!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 27, 2010, 07:31:27 PM
What ever about Brian Moore being pro english. I wish the Irish commentators would be pro Irish or at least fair to the Irish. The penalty turnaround was perfectly correct. Irish scrum and before the put in is taken the referee blows the whistle for an English penalty, Danny Care immediatelt tackles O'Leary to the ground, penalty Ireland and a possible yellow card. Then Haskell is the first man to intervene, again another possible yellow card for pushing O'Leary. It is then that Ferris charges in, but he is not the next man in like the Irish commentators said, that was in fact Haskell.

Couldn't agree more... exactly what I thought
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

thejuice

Not as much fun as it used to be, beating England used to be a big thing, feels forgetable already, wasnt a great game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Quote from: thejuice on February 27, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
Not as much fun as it used to be, beating England used to be a big thing, feels forgetable already, wasnt a great game.

Oh its still as much fun as ever. In fact, that one was sweeter than some of the hammerings we've dished out to them in recent times.

orangeman

Did Martin Johnson make an eejit of himself in a TV interview afterwards by refusing to congratulate the Irish ???

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2010, 07:54:21 PM
Did Martin Johnson make an eejit of himself in a TV interview afterwards by refusing to congratulate the Irish ???
What did he say, or not say?
I wouldn't worry about a boor like Johnson.

orangeman

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 27, 2010, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2010, 07:54:21 PM
What did he say, or not say?
I wouldn't worry about a boor like Johnson.

Apparently refused to congratulate the Irish on their win.

tyronefan

what would you expect

thats the same p***k that made the President step of the red carpet

EagleLord

p***k. I still get mad when i see that footage. Hate the sight of him.

Club Rossa

Great to stick it up them at Twickenham,especially with that hateful bollox Johnson over them.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 27, 2010, 07:38:00 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 27, 2010, 07:31:27 PM

Couldn't agree more... exactly what I thought
Jees Brian moore is an obnoxious gobshite
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

orangeman

Quote from: tyronefan on February 27, 2010, 08:01:33 PM
what would you expect

thats the same p***k that made the President step of the red carpet

His colleagues would have been the boyos who used to stop us going to GAA matches, take us out of cars and generally be as obnoxious as he is now. Leopards and spots.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: EagleLord on February 27, 2010, 08:06:04 PM
p***k. I still get mad when i see that footage. Hate the sight of him.

I still get mad whenever I see his gorilla/ape/chimpanzee/monkey/orangutan head. Delighted Ireland won today, and I'm not a rugby man by any means but it's always nice to beat that shower...always.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: thejuice on February 27, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
This one is for the exiles.
An exile can never get enough of that