The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Good programme. Wish there was more behind the scenes coverage but Kidney would prefer to keep that stuff as private as possible I would imagine.

Grat team and some good memories looked at from a different perspective. . . Forgot how hairy it was during that Wales game though jees that was tense stuff!

INDIANA

thought it was pure cack. Jesus I've seen better club team documentaries.

mackers

ROG has went up in my opinion over the last day or so.....always came across as the sulky type with a high opinion of himself, but the shot of him smiling as Sexton landed another penalty on Saturday and last night's tongue-in-cheek comment about Wallace giving away the last minute penalty against Wales (comparing it to his mistake for the Lions) showed him in a different light. It's great to see these players not taking the thing too serious and being able to laugh at themselves.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Dinny Breen

Unlike the boards Mr Negative I ejnoyed the show, very NFL movies like. They all come across very well, never heard the Bull speak so much  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

ludermor

Where was O'Callaghan? Not like him to be hiding when there is a camera about. Tommy Bowe is full of devilment!

trileacman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 01, 2009, 10:46:29 AM
Unlike the boards Mr Negative I ejnoyed the show, very NFL movies like. They all come across very well, never heard the Bull speak so much  :o
He can speak?  :o :o
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AbbeySider

I had to laugh hard when O Connell was remarking about Jamie Heaslip's finger celebration before he scored the try against Scotland.
O Connels was like "Ah he grounded the ball perfectly"
"luckily for him..." or something to that effect.

Got the impression that Heaslip would have been in trouble for the celebration if he didnt ground the ball...  :D

INDIANA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 01, 2009, 10:46:29 AM

Ah well better than being a cheerleader Dinny- I don't watch the Sound of Music too often- more of a Scarface man myself
Any documentary that contains the contains sizeable portions of the endless bleatings of Gerry Thornley tends to turn me off watching it. Nothing like the programme in 2007 for me which was an excellent programme.

DuffleKing

Dinny Breen

Indiana on one of his off-days

For the record I like Thornley  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

mackers

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 01, 2009, 11:50:48 AM

Yip- i dont like thornley either
Sounds like Ryle Nugent's brother..........two tossers!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Donnellys Hollow

It was a decent enough watch but it wasn't as good as the version they had for the 2007 Six Nations. I suppose Kidney was never really going to allow such access to the dressing rooms though.

All the players came across particularly well but where were Donners and Flannery? The two biggest jokers on the team!

Funny story about Flannery and the night in Cardiff after the match - he was sh1tfaced standing outside the hotel and he started trying to smuggle a couple of hundred supporters into the team reception!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

muppet

Quote from: ludermor on December 01, 2009, 10:49:41 AM
Where was O'Callaghan? Not like him to be hiding when there is a camera about. Tommy Bowe is full of devilment!

Having a wash with greatness.
MWWSI 2017

Celt_Man

Bowe cited for dangerous tackle

Ireland and Ospreys star Tommy Bowe has been cited for a dangerous tackle on Viadana wing Kaine Robertson in the Heineken Cup Pool 3 match last weekend.

The ERC have confirmed that Citing Commissioner for the match Iain Goodall has questioned the challenge and Bowe must now wait for a hearing to be set to decide his fate.

Under the regulations, a dangerous tackle can be seen as lifting a player from the ground and either dropping or driving the opposing player on his head and/or upper body first into the ground, whilst the player's feet are off the ground.

Anyone see this tackle???  Also heard that contract negioations with Ospreys aren't going the best - his contract is up at the end of this season - and that Munster and Leinster are both courting him!!

Bowe's future to be decided

Ireland winger Tommy Bowe has opened talks on a new contract with the Ospreys.

The 25-year-old is one of the few members of the Irish squad who is playing overseas and Munster and Leinster are leading the chase for his signature to bring him home.

Bowe's current contract with the Welsh side runs out at the end of this season and they are understood to be very keen to keep him at Liberty Stadium.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

trileacman

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2009/1223/leamyd.html

Serious knee injury blow for Leamy and Munster
Wednesday, 23 December 2009 13:14

Munster back-row Denis Leamy has been ruled out for 4-6 months with a serious knee injury.

The news is a severe blow for the Tipperary native, who was back to his very best form in Munster's epic 14-37 win over French Champions Perpignan in the Heineken Cup on Sunday.

The injury was sustained in the last play of the match, at the end of which Munster secured their crucial fourth try through New Zealand wing Doug Howlett.

Munster said that the 28-year-old, who has played with strapping on his right knee for most of 2009 having injured it playing against Llanelli in December last year, had a scan on Monday and was operated on in a Dublin clinic yesterday.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014