Best Comedy Series/Programme

Started by 5 Sams, November 16, 2007, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 01, 2015, 09:12:30 PM
Just watched the Jolly Boys Outing episode from Only Fools. Brilliant.
Watched a bit myself and watched the whole thing a few months ago. For me it's the benchmark British comedy.

5 Sams

Quote from: mikehunt on July 01, 2015, 10:37:04 PM
Haven't seen Early Doors mentioned. Simple but funny. The two coppers in it are class. Craig Cash from  The Royle Family fame wrote it I think.
Craig Cash is a genius. Early Doors totally under rated.
The Aristocrat Years

theskull1

Yeah Early Doors was very good. Still Game was another brilliant comedy this time set in Glasgow. Would have to say The League of Gentlemen is my all time favourite though.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

topcuppla

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 01, 2015, 11:00:13 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 01, 2015, 09:12:30 PM
Just watched the Jolly Boys Outing episode from Only Fools. Brilliant.
Watched a bit myself and watched the whole thing a few months ago. For me it's the benchmark British comedy.

It and Porridge are ruined on sky with political correctness and whole scenes are now cut from episodes to the detriment of the shows.

Canalman

Quote from: mikehunt on July 01, 2015, 10:37:04 PM
Haven't seen Early Doors mentioned. Simple but funny. The two coppers in it are class. Craig Cash from  The Royle Family fame wrote it I think.

Yep, the two policemen are brilliant in it.

Have to say I have a soft spot for Married with Children from back in the day. Porridge very watchable still.............. brilliant actors in it.

In recentish years Phoenix Nights, Trailer Park Boys and Modern Family come to mind.
Never really warmed to Fr Ted or Only Fools and Horses.

Plenty of rubbish also unfortunately.