Best Comedy Series/Programme

Started by 5 Sams, November 16, 2007, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Only fools and Horses is the best in my opinion...

When i watch Fraiser i spend most of the time deciding on if id give Daphne one or not
You'll Never Walk Alone.

theskull1

Why does nobody else ever mention the League of Gentlemen anytime these threads come up. Has to be in the top 10 of all time comedy shows. Its my number one followed by black books and then still game
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Shamrock Shore

For me

1. Father Ted
2. Cheers
3. Steptoe and Son
4. Some Mothers Do 'Av Em
5. Fawlty Towers
6. Frasier
7. Halls' Pictorial Weekly
8. One Foot in the Grave
9. Terry and June
10. The Good Life

stew

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 16, 2007, 11:51:05 PM
Only fools and Horses is the best in my opinion...

When i watch Fraiser i spend most of the time deciding on if id give Daphne one or not

If you have to think on that Laois you are confused sexually.

Daphne, I wouldnt think twice if I was you.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Frasier is funny, but it grates on me after a bit. My top three in no particular order:

1. Some mothers to 'ave 'em
2. Seinfeld
3. Only fools and horses.

stew

My Top Ten in Order.

1) Only fools and horses.

2) Blackadder.

3) Fr Ted.

4) Porrige.

5) Red Dwarf.

6) Open all Hours.

7) Steptoe and Son.

8) Citizen Smith.

9) Cheers

10) Everybody loves Raymond. (Debra does it for me).  :-[

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

she does it for a lot of folk stew

Hardy

I'm with pog on Frasier. And I'm delighted to see the mostly unsung Black Books being appreciated. I think Dylan Moran is something of a genius. 

For a change (this is hate week here at Hardy Towers), here are a few I can't stand:

League of Gentlemen
Little Britain
The Office
The Young Ones (or anything with the intolerable, deplorable, unbelievably unfunny Rik Mayall)
Thin Blue Line
Mr Bean (I'm sure we have unanimity on that)
The Fast Show

Doogie Browser

Great thread and in no particular order my top ten:
Larry Sanders
Cheers
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Taxi
Phoenix Nights
Porridge
Dad's Army
Father Ted
Happy Days
Blackadder

Also when growing up Channel 4 used to show some of the old 50's / 60's american sitcoms like Bewitched, Get Smart, Mr Ed which were fantastic - the Yanks really do have the upper hand (crap by the way) when it comes to sitcoms.

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on November 17, 2007, 11:48:39 AM
I'm with pog on Frasier. And I'm delighted to see the mostly unsung Black Books being appreciated. I think Dylan Moran is something of a genius. 

For a change (this is hate week here at Hardy Towers), here are a few I can't stand:

League of Gentlemen
Little Britain
The Office
The Young Ones (or anything with the intolerable, deplorable, unbelievably unfunny Rik Mayall)
Thin Blue Line
The Fast Show

Jays Hardy I like all of those. I like comedy that pushes boundaries/unique/slapstick. As for Frasier - it was funny once. However those American 'intellectual' comedies are a dime-a-dozen and have become irritably predictable and smarmy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

I like comedy to be funny.

Couldn't resist that one.

ONeill

Suppose it's in the eye of the beholder. If I walked into a glass door I'd find it funny.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on November 17, 2007, 11:48:39 AM

League of Gentlemen
Little Britain
The Office
Thin Blue Line
The Fast Show

The first series of black books is among the best out there but it started to go downhill very fast after that.
The first series of Little Britain was good but mid way through the second one it got very predictable. 

I started to to like the office when I learned to ignore Ricky Gervais though watch the American Office (which is woeful IMHO) and Gervais deserves a lot of credit for pulling it off.  He probably makes the show, probably because he's quite like the character.
I wouldn't normally be into the type of comedy like the Thin Blue Line but for some reason I find it hilarious.  I don't have a lot of respect for slap stick comedy though, you imagine it as being quite easy to write. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

Slap stick isn't about writing. It's physical comedy which is entirely different and the hardest skill to master.

pintsofguinness

While I do believe it takes a good actor to act an idiot I also think that any comedy actor worth his/her salt could pull off walking into a door. It's hard to imagine any actor not being fit to act in, for example, Little Britain.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?