Ming and the penalty points.

Started by Jonah, March 13, 2013, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

Delighted he got caught and shown up to be corrupt the same as the rest of them.
What a hypocrite.

Denn Forever

Is he not trying to pay his fine?  I thought he was highlight that there was an inner Garda circle.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Jonah

Roscommon County Manager Frank Dawson has rejected an allegation by Luke 'Ming' Flanagan that he "sorted out" penalty points for the Independent TD.

In a statement, Mr Dawson said he assumed he was the official Mr Flanagan was referring to in recent statements.

He said: "I utterly reject his allegations that I 'sorted out his penalty points issue' for him. I will take all necessary steps to protect my good name and reputation."

Mr Dawson said he is going to forward his account of the matter to the Garda Assistant Commissioner who is in charge of the investigation.

Mr Flanagan has claimed that two individuals, a garda officer and a council official, facilitated wiping his penalty points in two separate incidents involving the use of a mobile phone while driving.

Speaking on Shannonside Northern Sound radio earlier, Mr Flanagan said his own actions were "corrupt and stupid".
He said he accepted he had let down many people in his constituency, but would have to go before them knowing this at the next general election.

Mr Flanagan also said he did not believe he needed to consider his position.

Meanwhile, Independent TD Shane Ross has said Mr Flanagan was mad to embark on a campaign against a wrongdoing that he was involved in himself.

Mr Ross said his actions were "political insanity" and had been damaging to all politicians.

Last December, Mr Flanagan and three other TDs held a news conference calling for an independent inquiry into allegations that over 60,000 road traffic fines had been quashed.

Independent TD Mick Wallace said Mr Flanagan should have taken the penalty points.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, Mr Wallace said that the revelations did not change the bigger issue, which was that the termination of penalty points was widespread.

He said: "There is no way he should have written a letter trying to get off from it. He should have come clean in December at the press conference

Syferus

Shamrock Shore

I don't know what to make of Ming.

He's a riddle wrapped up in a conundrum.

Clever politician playing to the local gallery or a clown on the national stage.

Take your pick.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 13, 2013, 03:04:55 PM
Is he not trying to pay his fine?  I thought he was highlight that there was an inner Garda circle.
;D
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

Westport FG councillor Christy Hyland was on MWR today and he said the people of Roscommon must be 'high on dope' to have elected him.

Bloody hell Christy!!! Is it only now you know that! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 13, 2013, 03:14:57 PM

Clever politician playing to the local gallery or a clown on the national stage.

Take your pick.
50/50

I think making genuine progress on behalf of the electorate is harder than he thought

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on March 15, 2013, 05:24:24 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 13, 2013, 03:14:57 PM

Take your pick.
50/50

I think making genuine progress on behalf of the electorate is harder than he thought

Ming strikes me as the sort of fella that finds everything is harder than he thought, except himself.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

None of the TDs can do anything to alleviate austerity so they have to get attention elsewhere. Kenny is doing it on abortion and the catholic church, for example.
It is not an easy time to be a TD. 

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 15, 2013, 04:49:28 PM
Westport FG councillor Christy Hyland was on MWR today and he said the people of Roscommon must be 'high on dope' to have elected him.

Bloody hell Christy!!! Is it only now you know that! ;D

What excuse have ye floots for electing 4 Blueshirts ? :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

You'd wonder just how many td's in good faith can cast the first stone against Ming.
I was more disturbed by Ming snitching on his fellow man. That type of thing is just not on. You can be a hypocrite of sorts, have a few brain fárts now and again, but don't snitch when you're in the hole and everybody's looking at you.

That Vincent Browne show with Ming on it, was one of the worst pieces of drivel I've ever heard from Browne. Considering the number of elected agents/devotees of the Banking corporations that have sat in the chair directly in front of him and after a bit of huffing and puffing from him, stuttering as he forgets his lines, asks the wrong questions, hasn't prepared himself properly for the interview, asks the same questions so many times in every show that a politician could answer it in his sleep, finally we get Browne up on his high horse waving his moral lance at  ..... Ming feckin' Flanagan.

Dougal Maguire

So what opinions do you all have on that scruffy,middle aged wannabe teenager, peroxide, 'lead singer of Mott the Hoople' lookalike, tax dodging, bankrupt, gombeen man Mick Pinkshirt Wallace
Careful now

seafoid

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 15, 2013, 07:57:52 PM
So what opinions do you all have on that scruffy,middle aged wannabe teenager, peroxide, 'lead singer of Mott the Hoople' lookalike, tax dodging, bankrupt, gombeen man Mick Pinkshirt Wallace
I like him . He knows more about the world than Ming.
And he stands up for the shafted.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on March 15, 2013, 08:17:30 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 15, 2013, 07:57:52 PM
I like him . He knows more about the world than Ming.
And he stands up for the shafted.

Except of course those he shafted.
MWWSI 2017